Christ Cathedral Dedication- Stetit Angelus

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

bachmahlerfan

Christ Cathedral Dedication- Stetit Angelus

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I wasn't sure where to mention this, so I thought I would start a new topic. Anyways, track 10 of the Christ Cathedral Dedication CD features Libera and the Choir of Saint Thomas More Chapel at Yale. Libera's voices are nicely featured here, and aren't relegated to the background. Here's a link to the recording where you can purchase individual tracks, which I found thanks to andmar66 on Twitter:
https://www.gothic-catalog.com/product_p/g-49326.htm
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82B0as7us8c
It's also available on Spotify.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Christ Cathedral Dedication- Stetit Angelus

Post by filiarheni »

That's a very intriguing song! Listening now for the fourth time in a row. Very atmospherical by its interweavement of harmonies, indulging in sound.

Beautiful addition to the Libera collection! :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

This track is quite appropriate for Libera when you consider the mention of angels in the text, as well as the combination of English and Latin lyrics which you often get in Robert Prizeman's compositions.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Something I forgot to mention yesterday, although it lived in my mind since the first listen: The mingling of the voices recall Venite adoremus to me.

(And the very first note in fact got Three Ravens to my mind for a moment, but this is so far-fetched that I won't mention it here. :lol: )
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

It’s actually a really pleasant listen and they sound really good.

The balance between their voices and the men’s work well as it showcases the boys purity.

I think this is why I enjoy when they have a big back row as you need that counter balance to really showcase what their voices can do.