22 June 2019 - Arundel, UK Concert

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: 22 June 2019 - Arundel, UK Concert

Post by filiarheni »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:16 pm">5 years ago</span> I will be there :D :D :D Kind of a nice story... I definitely don't have the money to afford it. Someone advised me to ask my parents to come and make a nice family trip. That would have meant to share my love for Libera with them. So I asked them and was turned down, because they already planed something for this weekend. But they told me, if you like that choir so much and want to share it with someone... just ask your grandma !
And I asked her, and it was... so soft ! She told me, she had always wanted to visit London with my grandpa, who died a few years ago. But she would be glad to go to Arundel with me and visit London with me if I would like to ! Awesome trip to come :lol: Me and my grandma. I can't wait !
Wow, happy to hear that! :) Your grandma will love it, that's for sure. :D

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:01 am">5 years ago</span>hmmm....as an aside, I can't help but notice that this my 1,000th post. My calculations indicate that since joining Libera Dreams in August of 2014 I have made approximately 0.6 posts per day on average :shock: That means that in only a short 4.5 more years I will reach the coveted "Diamond" status :wink: :D
Congratulations, this was the thousandth post! (And this was a tongue twister for a German. :mrgreen: )
Please enjoy your jubilee as long as you can, as I suppose that it won't last too long, and have fun on your further career. :lol:

Anyway, it's a very exciting mix to get Arundel now after Ely, one of them so well-known for long-time Libera fans, the other one completely new for everyone, and both of them new to me. :)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:01 am">5 years ago</span> Thank you for sharing this story and I am certain you and your grandmother will enjoy your trip to London and Arundel. Is she a Libera fan already, or is it your task now to make her one by June? :wink: :lol:
I remember a few years ago I made her and my grandpa listen to "Gloria", because they were talking about the music piece it's inspired from. Both of them are musical people, she used to play cello. But no, she is not a fan. Do you think I should make a fan of her, or rather keep the surprise for the concert ? I was going for the second option. :D
Congratulations on being a very huge fan, a talkative one apparently :lol:

Filiarheni, thank you so much for giving me the idea of asking my family to come ! :wink: Glad to know we will see each other in Arundel !
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Looking forward to seeing you again, Padmachou! :)

Now I've already started the finger crossing to hear Mysterium there.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

ok, worse than ever! By the time the system let me in through the gateway all premium tickets had sold out. LOL, madness.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Check again and again ! I've seen two tickets available a few seconds ago.
ste1701fan

Post by ste1701fan »

Ticketsource now has a waitingroom to get tickets!
I was Nr. 16 in Line, so it didnt go very well, but who knows, maybe this is the better way of handling tickets, even though i got the worst ticket so far for a libera concert :/

hope you all did better=)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Was choosing my premium seats but it kept saying something about leaving no empty seats or something like that (even though I chose two next to each other) so I chose other seats and then they were gone! Tried the last one but gone before I could save it. Have now bought a general section ticket...
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Worst for me too... Got in the waitingroom 5 minutes before time and was number 44 ! Awful. Everything in the Premium area was sold out.

I got two tickets for this spot. I'm not sure at all we will see from here ? Does someone know the cathedral well ?
ste1701fan

Post by ste1701fan »

i think refreshing the waiting room made it even worse for me.....as at 1st i didnt even understand, that this is a waiting room......
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Had the same problem premium seats all gone got a general seems to be a very small cathedral but as booked flights and hotel just have to make the best of it. :o
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:11 pm">5 years ago</span> Worst for me too... Got in the waitingroom 5 minutes before time and was number 44 ! Awful. Everything in the Premium area was sold out.

I got two tickets for this spot. I'm not sure at all we will see from here ? Does someone know the cathedral well ?
I hope so as I somehow managed to get the one remaining front row seat just to the left of them....

But agreed, still an awful system that needed to be explained. I had two tablets connected, one I was refreshing every few seconds, the other just left on the waiting screen. The successful one was the tablet on which I was refreshing the page.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I don't think I ever used F5 as much in such little time :lol:
It bugs me though that I had my hands on two premium seats but still didn't manage to secure them :shock: :?: I guess I was too hyper to read the message carefully that kept popping up about changing the selection of seats. Oh well. 7 rows back isn't that bad at all.
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

That "Waiting room" business almost gave me heart failure! There was I regularly hitting the refresh button and suddenly the screen changed and I thought I'd been locked it. I still kept hitting the enter button but nothing seemed to happen even after my countdown clock told me that it was 2:00pm. Very luckily I was suddenly into the booking procedure and managed to get B16 and B17 seats. There was nothing in the first row available and I wonder if anyone managed seats in the front row or whether these were blocked out?

I'm still not sure how to proceed once the "Waiting Room" page is displayed - I just went into panic mode :shock: If anyone can tell me for future reference I'd be very grateful :lol:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
ste1701fan

Post by ste1701fan »

[quote=I just went into panic mode :shock: If anyone can tell me for future reference I'd be very grateful :lol:
[/quote]

Id love the know too what the "right thing" to do is....log in 5 minutes prior to 2 o'clock and never hit refresh, or absolut panic mode and kililng the F5 button?
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

ste1701fan wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:19 pm">5 years ago</span> Id love the know too what the "right thing" to do is....log in 5 minutes prior to 2 o'clock and never hit refresh, or absolut panic mode and kililng the F5 button?
I'd been pressing F5 about every minute since my clock said 1:57 PM and then at 1:59 the waiting room showed up which made me a bit worried and then after a frenzy of F5 it said there was only 1 person in front of me - after that it went fine (until this business of choosing two seats occurred).
There should be a way to rehearse these things :) At first I even couldn't see which were the available seats and which ones were already taken :wink: Strange things happen to our brain in such a short time under these very special circumstances :wink:
Truth be told, getting my tickets for Japan was waaay less stressful... :wink: