2019 US Summer Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: 2019 US Summer Tour

Post by dani »

Has Ben Bywater had a accident on this tour?

He seems to have a black eye in one of the photos from the last few days.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Thank you, Egorbea, for reviewing both concerts!

Egorbea2018 wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:29 pm">4 years ago</span> In Paradisum
Oliver Watt-Rodriguez did the solo. The big boys left the stage. This was the goosebumps song of the night for me. Oliver was calm and confident. His pronunciation was sharp; I could understand every Latin word. It was an impressive performance of an extremely difficult song. When he did the Jerusalem and the Aeternam parts my heart just melted.
That was already audible through the Arundel Cathedral door during the sound check, when we didn't yet know who was soloing. Just to hear this from outside almost caused goosebumps and it was very clear that it would be a splendid highlight. I'm happy to hear that this is continuing in the US.

Egorbea2018 wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:29 pm">4 years ago</span> Libera
Duet of Tadgh Fitzgerald and Neo Parson. Their beautiful voices blend perfectly. I believe Neo did the higher notes. Tadgh was at ease for this song facing Neo in the front of the other boys. Awesome job boys!
I believe so too. And Neo's voice was shining so brightly in Arundel and seemed to float from the right side over and above the whole choir. That was so enjoyable!

Egorbea2018 wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:29 pm">4 years ago</span> Exsultate
Samuel Collins did a brilliant solo. [...] Now that they have Luca, maybe Samuel can do whole solos.
Yes, that's a great thought.

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:42 pm">4 years ago</span> Thanks, egorbea,for giving the boys' names in full in your reviews. For the Libera Historical Timeline, which has been ongoing since 2007, just mentioning a "Sam" (of which there have been seven) or a "Matthew" (ditto) might well be confusing five years from now, and especially for new fans, so I always have to spend quite a bit of time filling in last names when publishing Timeline reviews. You attention to this detail is much appreciated!
I always thought that it's sufficient to have the names of the concert line-up listed for each concert in your timeline - which you do and is also done in the different forums so ... hm, do you really think it's necessary to add the surnames, where they're missing? I admit that I intentionally leave the surnames away, because it feels more personal to me to just mention the first names, having the previously said in mind.

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:27 pm">4 years ago</span> I agree that so many of the boys need to be recorded as soon as possible, and it seems that Robert Prizeman agrees with you given the upcoming CD ;).
I am critical of a new CD each and every year for some obvious reason, but the fact that this, on the other hand, allows more boys to be recorded in time, which they absolutely deserve - and we as well :lol: - cannot be dismissed!
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
swalker2001
Site Admin

Post by swalker2001 »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:46 pm">4 years ago</span> I have one question regarding the Oklahoma City venue where Libera had their concert. As best I can tell, the space they performed in looks different and smaller than the space where the church holds their services. Am I correct, or is it the same 'room'?
Ticket sales weren't as high as hoped for this one so the concert was moved to a smaller room. It was nice though because everyone could see due to the seating arrangements. Also, those close to the stage had the unique experience of hearing the boys' voices both through the sound system AND directly from their mouths. We could also see every lick of the lips, every scratch of a nose, every glance to Mr. Prizeman, every facial expression clearly. It was a completely different musical experience and actually breathtaking.
====
"If you cannot teach me to fly, teach me to sing."
--JM Barrie, Peter Pan
swalker2001
Site Admin

Post by swalker2001 »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:12 pm">4 years ago</span> Has Ben Bywater had a accident on this tour?

I and a couple of others asked Ben who "socked" him in the face. He laughed and told us all that it was Ethan. As far as I know nobody pried further so we may never know the whole story but presumably it was either in a "soccer" or "football" game or maybe just horseplay since he was freely exposing the culprit.

We do know from Rocco that Romeo was absent this tour due to a football injury in which he broke his arm.
====
"If you cannot teach me to fly, teach me to sing."
--JM Barrie, Peter Pan
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

swalker2001 wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:23 pm">4 years ago</span>
dani wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:12 pm">4 years ago</span> Has Ben Bywater had a accident on this tour?

I and a couple of others asked Ben who "socked" him in the face. He laughed and told us all that it was Ethan. As far as I know nobody pried further so we may never know the whole story but presumably it was either in a "soccer" or "football" game or maybe just horseplay since he was freely exposing the culprit.

We do know from Rocco that Romeo was absent this tour due to a football injury in which he broke his arm.

I did wonder about Romeo’s absence from the tour and I guess boys will be boys at that age :lol:
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

swalker2001 wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:20 pm">4 years ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:46 pm">4 years ago</span> I have one question regarding the Oklahoma City venue where Libera had their concert. As best I can tell, the space they performed in looks different and smaller than the space where the church holds their services. Am I correct, or is it the same 'room'?
Ticket sales weren't as high as hoped for this one so the concert was moved to a smaller room. It was nice though because everyone could see due to the seating arrangements. Also, those close to the stage had the unique experience of hearing the boys' voices both through the sound system AND directly from their mouths. We could also see every lick of the lips, every scratch of a nose, every glance to Mr. Prizeman, every facial expression clearly. It was a completely different musical experience and actually breathtaking.
Well, I guess it was great for those who were there to experience the group in a more intimate, up close setting. I wonder if the church being on the outskirts of Oklahoma City, and also not being particularly known as a concert venue made it difficult to attract a large crowd.
Noob

Post by Noob »

swalker2001 wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:06 pm">4 years ago</span> Here are all the boys on the 2019 US Tour. Photos taken at Oklahoma City Meet & Greet.

thanks Steve!
There is nothing quite like a sweet treble voice.
Noob

Post by Noob »

saw the concert in Westlake Village a couple nights ago.
it was wonderful. shoutout to Oliver M., who somehow exceeded last year's performance.

and i was most surprised by Cassius' brief solo in the middle of Amazing Grace. it was his first solo on an international tour, and to be honest, i was blown away.

this little guy has potential!!
There is nothing quite like a sweet treble voice.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I just have one question, why couldn't those in charge at Christ Cathedral put the organ voicing on hold for today so that Libera could perform in the main church?
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Noob wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:38 pm">4 years ago</span> and i was most surprised by Cassius' brief solo in the middle of Amazing Grace. [...] this little guy has potential!!
My thought, too! :)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Egorbea2018 wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:34 pm">4 years ago</span> Sorry. I don't know anything about these things. What about that subscribe now button?
To conclude, and so that others aren't left hanging, there is no way to listen to the broadcast on that website.
Egorbea2018 wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:42 pm">4 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:27 pm">4 years ago</span> Isn't it amazing how much the venue changes the experience of the concert itself? Although most of my concerts have been in cathedrals (4 of 5) there is a distinct contrast in hearing them in a concert hall; and I am sure that hearing them in such an intimate setting like you did in OKC would be even more unique.With that being said, Libera so consistently delivers a top-quality performance that even when they are not at their absolute best they are still exceptionally good and their concerts nothing short of inspiring.
I am glad my enthusiasm showed on my reviews. I want fans to enjoy it through me, like I do when I read non USA concert reviews.
:D
Noob wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:38 pm">4 years ago</span> saw the concert in Westlake Village a couple nights ago.
it was wonderful. shoutout to Oliver M., who somehow exceeded last year's performance.

and i was most surprised by Cassius' brief solo in the middle of Amazing Grace. it was his first solo on an international tour, and to be honest, i was blown away.

this little guy has potential!!
Glad you enjoyed the concert. Cassius does a nice job on that song and the whole choir is excellent. From what I read they just get better and better and better.
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

You can find a few screenshots from "libera live stream" on my instagram account "libera-blog". It would be a pleasure for me, if you would follow me. Sorry, for the bad quality of the pics...
Now I move at the end of August after my stations in china &japan to Dubai! See you in Dubai, please come and let`s meet!
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:42 pm">4 years ago</span> Thanks, egorbea,for giving the boys' names in full in your reviews. For the Libera Historical Timeline, which has been ongoing since 2007, just mentioning a "Sam" (of which there have been seven) or a "Matthew" (ditto) might well be confusing five years from now, and especially for new fans, so I always have to spend quite a bit of time filling in last names when publishing Timeline reviews. You attention to this detail is much appreciated!
(a note from filiarheni) I always thought that it's sufficient to have the names of the concert line-up listed for each concert in your timeline - which you do and is also done in the different forums so ... hm, do you really think it's necessary to add the surnames, where they're missing? I admit that I intentionally leave the surnames away, because it feels more personal to me to just mention the first names, having the previously said in mind.

I agree, reviewers ought to use any style with which they're comfortable. I was thanking eagorbea for saving me a lot of typing. The Timeline, being an ongoing historical document, is read, as I mentioned, by many new fans. Using full names makes it easier to track a boy's "story" over his entire time with Libera, often as much as 5-6 years or more. For the same reason, I use full names on photo captions as much as possible, so that newbies can quickly associate faces with names. I always enjoy reading reviews in whatever form, and am grateful to those who take the time to write them..
Egorbea2018

Post by Egorbea2018 »

Do you know where we can go to listen to the interviews at Christ Cathedral?

Where are the reviews for the California concerts?