2019 US Summer Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

bachmahlerfan

Re: 2019 US Summer Tour

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I've been checking the extended weather forecasts, and my area is headed into a prolonged stretch of hotter than normal temperatures. Most days will be at least 90 degrees Fahrenheit. It's probably going to last at least through the first part of the week when Libera holds their Friday concert in St. Paul. I'm hoping that the temperatures and the dewpoints cool down within a couple days of the concert. Otherwise, it's going to be uncomfortable in the unairconditioned Cathedral.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:02 pm">4 years ago</span> I've been checking the extended weather forecasts, and my area is headed into a prolonged stretch of hotter than normal temperatures. Most days will be at least 90 degrees Fahrenheit. It's probably going to last at least through the first part of the week when Libera holds their Friday concert in St. Paul. I'm hoping that the temperatures and the dewpoints cool down within a couple days of the concert. Otherwise, it's going to be uncomfortable in the unairconditioned Cathedral.
Great :x :(
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:33 am">4 years ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:02 pm">4 years ago</span> I've been checking the extended weather forecasts, and my area is headed into a prolonged stretch of hotter than normal temperatures. Most days will be at least 90 degrees Fahrenheit. It's probably going to last at least through the first part of the week when Libera holds their Friday concert in St. Paul. I'm hoping that the temperatures and the dewpoints cool down within a couple days of the concert. Otherwise, it's going to be uncomfortable in the unairconditioned Cathedral.
Great :x :(
Hopefully, being Minnesota and not places farther south, the heat will break soon enough. I'm also hoping that we don't get much rain because we've had plenty, and drier conditions will eventually lower humidity levels. That said, it was 89 degrees and humid on the day of the concert here in 2011, and it went quite well. But, I've been in the Cathedral when it was warmer than the day of that concert, and you wouldn't want to hold a concert in those conditions. Fortunately, I think it's unlikely that the temperature/heat index will exceed the 2011 concert.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I sure hope you're correct. One of my lasting memories of the 2011 tour was the uncomfortable heat and humidity in the Twin Cities and Chicago.
We were saved by the generosity of a fan who had the presence of mind to bring a cooler full of bottled ice water. 8)
Noob

Post by Noob »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:33 pm">4 years ago</span> I checked right after writing this message, and on the two photos the shape of clouds looks very similar :mrgreen: Must be the same day, or the coincidence is crazy :lol: Good news !

Edit : hey this is an event, 100 posts for me :o
Congrats on your 100th post Padmachou!!! :)
There is nothing quite like a sweet treble voice.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I noticed that 100 of the "yellow" seats ($15-$35) were suddenly filled for the Cathedral of St. Paul concert. Did they decide to make these unavailable, or did someone decide to buy up a bunch of seats for some groups of people? There were seats that had already been bought just one row in front of these sections.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:35 pm">4 years ago</span> I noticed that 100 of the "yellow" seats ($15-$35) were suddenly filled for the Cathedral of St. Paul concert. Did they decide to make these unavailable, or did someone decide to buy up a bunch of seats for some groups of people? There were seats that had already been bought just one row in front of these sections.
My intuition tells me that they were bought up by a group. Perhaps a church group or musical organization. I am highly doubtful that those tickets were suddenly barred from being sold because to what end would those running the show do that?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, it looks like the Minnesota Boychoir decided to put in a plug for Libera's upcoming concert on their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pg/MNBoychoir/ ... e_internal
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I read the Libera concert announcement on the "Minnesota Monthly" website. It mention that "they will be accompanied by members of the Minnesota Orchestra, Minnesota Opera Orchestra and the Chicago Symphony." I'm not surprised about the Minnesota Orchestra members being involved, but they also pulled musicians from the Chicago Symphony. I wonder if those musicians will follow them to their St. Louis/Oklahoma City concerts?
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:01 pm">4 years ago</span> I read the Libera concert announcement on the "Minnesota Monthly" website. It mention that "they will be accompanied by members of the Minnesota Orchestra, Minnesota Opera Orchestra and the Chicago Symphony." I'm not surprised about the Minnesota Orchestra members being involved, but they also pulled musicians from the Chicago Symphony. I wonder if those musicians will follow them to their St. Louis/Oklahoma City concerts?
I couldn't find the announcement on that website. Do you have a link to it?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:34 pm">4 years ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:01 pm">4 years ago</span> I read the Libera concert announcement on the "Minnesota Monthly" website. It mention that "they will be accompanied by members of the Minnesota Orchestra, Minnesota Opera Orchestra and the Chicago Symphony." I'm not surprised about the Minnesota Orchestra members being involved, but they also pulled musicians from the Chicago Symphony. I wonder if those musicians will follow them to their St. Louis/Oklahoma City concerts?
Here is the link: https://www.minnesotamonthly.com/calend ... n-july-26/
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

[

[/quote]

Here is the link: https://www.minnesotamonthly.com/calend ... n-july-26/
[/quote]

Thanks from the Timeline (I gave you credit).
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Very cool find. I doubt that they will follow them to other concerts due to the expense of travel but nevertheless the Saint Paul show should be excellent. :D
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

So, we've reached the point where the 7-day National Weather Service forecast extends to the day of the St. Paul concert. Fortunately, today is the last day of real heat (heat index currently 112 degrees). The temperatures next week will be warm, but it looks to be a little cooler and drier than it was leading up the 2011 concert.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

High 70's and low 80's (mid-20's in Celsius) are certainly welcome temperatures! :D