Libera "The Friendship Tour" (Philippines 2019)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Libera "The Friendship Tour" (Philippines 2019)

Post by filiarheni »

Today, Libera has released a new blog with the literarily sophisticated headline "Phantastic Philippines", wow, although ... after reading the whole I think it could as well have read "Phantoothtic Philippines! :lol:

https://libera.org.uk/uncategorised/pha ... ilippines/

Language obviously was a point anyway, as the author practised his French while blogging. :wink: And "Twas" and "didst", oh, how I'm in awe:
"Twas the rising sun warming the air and the azure sky that didst waken us from our slumber for breakfast."

Pure poetry! :D

I even learnt some German or is it English? Or rather German? Or Genglish? :P "glockenspiel" :mrgreen:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue May 07, 2019 2:52 pm">5 years ago</span> Today, Libera has released a new blog with the literarily sophisticated headline "Phantastic Philippines", wow, although ... after reading the whole I think it could as well have read "Phantoothtic Philippines! :lol:

https://libera.org.uk/uncategorised/pha ... ilippines/

Language obviously was a point anyway, as the author practised his French while blogging. :wink: And "Twas" and "didst", oh, how I'm in awe:
"Twas the rising sun warming the air and the azure sky that didst waken us from our slumber for breakfast."

Pure poetry! :D

I even learnt some German or is it English? Or rather German? Or Genglish? :P "glockenspiel" :mrgreen:
Thanks for posting.

A very funny blog and very much enjoyable. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW, you should know "Glockenspiel" is German :wink: :wink: (not sure about "glockenspiel" though :oops: :wink: :lol: )

Now we can start guessing and speculating who might be the author.
This time the task seems to be easier, as there is a clear hint in the following paragraph:

"We awoke to a lovely and mango-populated breakfast after which a few of us proceeded to a press conference. After answering the questions given to us and a group shot we re-joined the rest of the group for our first rehearsal of the Philippines"

That "WE re-joined" indicates definitely, the author is one of the boys who were present at the press conference.

So who might that be? Neo, Sam, Daniel, Alex, Tadhg, Victor, Cassius, ... oh, there was one more, wasn't it?
:!: Nathaniel - yes, he was at the press conference too.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

andmar wrote: <span title="Tue May 07, 2019 9:20 pm">5 years ago</span> Now we can start guessing and speculating who might be the author. [...] [/i]
That "WE re-joined" indicates definitely, the author is one of the boys who were present at the press conference.

So who might that be? Neo, Sam, Daniel, Alex, Tadhg, Victor, Cassius, ... oh, there was one more, wasn't it?
:!: Nathaniel - yes, he was at the press conference too.
Hm ... hmmm ... How about Sam Collins? I haven't met any of them in person, but for some reason I could imagine Sam being the author.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
justin

Post by justin »

The language used is a bit more sophisticated than usual... So I'd assume it must have been written by an older boy. It's between Alex, Nat and Sam for me. :)
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

justin wrote: <span title="Wed May 08, 2019 10:23 am">5 years ago</span> The language used is a bit more sophisticated than usual... So I'd assume it must have been written by an older boy. It's between Alex, Nat and Sam for me. :)
Agree, it must have been one of the older boys. Hmmmm.... I somehow have a feeling it was Tadhg. Tadhg was the oldest "spokesman" of the tour, so maybe it was also his task to provide the blog entry.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

andmar wrote: <span title="Wed May 08, 2019 12:41 pm">5 years ago</span>
justin wrote: <span title="Wed May 08, 2019 10:23 am">5 years ago</span> The language used is a bit more sophisticated than usual... So I'd assume it must have been written by an older boy. It's between Alex, Nat and Sam for me. :)
Agree, it must have been one of the older boys. Hmmmm.... I somehow have a feeling it was Tadhg. Tadhg was the oldest "spokesman" of the tour, so maybe it was also his task to provide the blog entry.
Well....whoever it they have a good sense of humor! :lol:

I'm always glad to read how much fun they have on these trips. Being a young boy and being able to travel all over the world with your friends to a variety of places that even most adults never visit in their lifetimes must be quite an experience. I'm glad that they are able to do this and to bring their music all over the world.