UPDATED Items for Sale (Fundraising for Libera)

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

ChrisJ

UPDATED Items for Sale (Fundraising for Libera)

Post by ChrisJ »

I’m looking to sell the original posters and postcards used to promote this year’s Libera Concert in San Francisco. I have a large number of both.

Below is some information about what I’m aiming to do and how you can purchase either or both.

I have emailed all the Mods, or at least who I thought the Mods were, but I haven’t heard back from any of them so I hope it’s OK for me to do this on the forum?

Aim

My aim is to raise as much money as possible for Libera.

Background

I spoke to the the owner of the company who were supporting Libera in San Francisco and asked if I could have any poster’s left over, with the aim to sell them to raise money for Libera. To cut a long story short, eventually I paid for them to be shipped over to the UK. This wasn’t cheap as the box was heavy!

Do I have permission to sell them?

Yes. Before the company would ship them over to me they checked with Libera that they were OK to do so, and I have spoken to Libera to confirm they are happy for me to sell them too.

What am I making out of this?

Nothing. Every penny you pay for the poster and/or postcard will go to Libera. I am not taking out any money to pay for the cost of shipping the items to the UK.

How can I be sure all the money will go to Libera?

All sales will be carried out using PayPal, I have made the offer to the Mods that they can have full access to the PayPal account to check the accounts are correct. I will provide receipts for all the postage costs and purchase of hard backed envelopes for those buyers who want one.

Postage and Packing costs

I will only charge you the cost price for both, unlike some sellers on the likes of ebay I’m not going to pad out the costs.

Poster and Postcard

The poster is full colour, original and printed on glossy card. It measures 43cm X 28cm (17 inches X 11 inches). I’m thinking of pricing these at £10, it is for charity, all the money is going to Libera, it is nearly Christmas, think of the boys……...

The postcard is full colour, original and printed on glossy card. It measures 15cm X 10cm (6 inches X 4 inches). I’m pricing these at £2.

If any of you are feeling particularly flush and want to pay more, then it’s more money for Libera!

At the bottom of the post is an image of the postcard, the poster is identical (the scan is low quality (for size reasons) the actual items as you'd expect are of excellent quality).

Postage and Packing

Poster

The poster will require an A3 sized envelope. The cost for these (hard backed) will be around 69p if I buy in bulk from ebay. They are classified as a small parcel by The Royal Mail.

Some example costs are; 2nd class, signed for in the UK £3.95, 2nd class only in the UK £2.95, to France £4.45.

If you are interested, I can provide you with a quote for anywhere in the world.

Postcard

The postcard will require an A5 sized envelope. The cost for these (hard backed) will be around 25p if I buy in bulk from ebay. However I can post in a normal envelope and add a piece of cardboard, this option would be free.

Some example costs are; 2nd class, signed for in the UK £1.68, 2nd class only in the UK £58p, to France £1.55.

Again, I can provide a quote for anywhere in the world.

I will obtain proof of postage for every item I sell, scan it in, and email it to you.

I will be at the Christmas Concert in Brighton, so you can pick up your poster or postcard from me there to save on postage costs. However I DO NOT want to handle any cash, so I would need payment via PayPal before the concert for the item (and if you want an envelope). This is for a couple of reasons, I do want to be seen selling outside the church in case the church were upset by this, also if all transactions go through PayPal, then it is easy for anyone to audit the money.

So How Can I Order? or what if I have a Question?

Just drop me an email with what item(s) you want, your address details, and I will send you an email with a final price, if that's OK then you can send me the money via PayPal.

Got a question?, then again just email me.

I hope to reply to any request within 24 hours (I’m sure it will be much quicker than that), I should be able to get postage quotes within 24 hours too.

chrisliberafundraising@gmail.com

Payment to Libera

My plan is to send the money to Libera before Christmas, the good news is that as I’m a UK taxpayer Libera will be able to claim Gift Aid on the amount (Gift Aid is a UK Government Scheme whereby the Government will add 25p for every £1 donated), so Libera will get 25% extra.

I will post on here how much we have all raised.

Finally

I have some items I purchased in Japan from the recent tour there, that I will be selling, again to raise money for Libera. There are some differences with the sale of those items, but hopefully I’ll have details on here in the next couple of days.

Last edited by ChrisJ on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ChrisJ

Re: Items for Sale (Fundraising for Libera)

Post by ChrisJ »

As I said I have some other items I'm looking to sell to raise some money for Libera. There is a difference this time in that I cannot afford not to get my money back for these items (due to the cost), BUT every penny over what I paid for the items will go to Libera.

Japan 2018 Tour Program

The Programme is around A4 size, the outer cover (the Yellow and Green Section with Libera printed on it) comes away from the programme itself and folds out in to a picture of all the lads (only around half of the opened image is shown above)

Japan 2018 For the Future Music Book

This is the front cover, back cover and one of the pages. There are 9 pages with all the music and lyrics for the song along with 4 pages of notes (Please note that most of the booklet is in Japanese). Once again this is A4 size.

Japan 2018 Plastic Folder #1

This is a plastic folder (front and back covers) that you can pop your documents inside the two sheets of plastic. This is slightly larger than A4, as it's designed to hold A4 sheets of paper, Tour Programme etc.

Japan 2018 Plastic Folder #2

This is the same as the above.

I have 8 of each of the above item's to sell.

So How can you buy them?

What I've thought of is to ask people to drop me an email with what they would like to buy, and how much they want to pay for each item. Then on the 12th December (18:00 UK time) I'll pick the top eight bidders.

As I've said I need to get back my money for each item, so you need to bid more than the amounts below. Anything you bid over the amounts will go to Libera.

To give everyone who might want to buy something a chance please only bid for one of each of the items, so you can bid for 1 programme, 1 music book, 1 of each folder, but not 2 programme's.

Hope this all makes sense, but if not just let me know.

Programme Cost Y1,500 (approx £10.50) so you need to bid more than £10.50

For the Future Song Book Y1,000 (approx £7.00) so you need to bid more than £7.00

Folder #1 or #2 Y500 each (approx £3.50 each) .....

To give you an idea of postage costs, the cost for sending both a programme and music book;

UK 2nd Class Signed for £2.36

UK 2nd Class £1.26

France £3.85

USA £4.85

On top of this there is the cost of a hard backed A4 envelope (around 80p).

Please not that the folders are larger than A4, so I can purchase an A3 envelope and insert some card or purchase (at your cost) a hard backed A3 envelope (see 1st post for rough price).

And obviously if you are going to the Christmas Concert in Brighton, I can deliver your items for free.

You can email me any questions, quotes for postage anywhere in the world, etc., and of course any bids. chrisliberafundraising@gmail.com
ChrisJ

Re: UPDATED Items for Sale (Fundraising for Libera)

Post by ChrisJ »

I've decided to instead list all the items on ebay, if anyone wants one please see the listings below;

I've lowered the price of the San Francisco poster to £6, to hopefully stimulate sales.

All the items can be picked up from me for free at the Brighton Concert.

Go on treat yourself or a loved one for Christmas - and together we can all raise some money for Libera! Just think
of the boys!!!!!!

Japan 2018 Concert Programme

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Libera-Conce ... 2361016275

Japan 2018 For The Future Song Book

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Libera-For-t ... 2361050067

Japan 2018 Plastic Folder #1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312361149283

Japan 2018 Plastic Folder #2

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Libera-Japan ... 2361164014

Poster and Postcard

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481 ... 6h80JplOmg

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481 ... warstEDGDs