who among you sings?

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

yo-tiffa-gurt

Post by yo-tiffa-gurt »

yes, infact i do sing. In 2 choirs and get voice lessons. I'm a soprano, and get private voice lessons once a week. I also go to San Francisco School of the Arts High School and am studying voice there. (and really who doesn't sing in the shower, especially when your home alone. :D ) I also often start singing at home even when my mom and brother are around... It often ends with a SHUT UP or a long talk in chinese... or a "GOD, IF YOU WANT TO SING HIGH NOTES... GO OUTSIDE, BEFORE THE GLASS SHATTERS!" :lol: That's what usually happens.
Syafiqah

Post by Syafiqah »

I sing in a choir and I really enjoy it! I'm a first soprano, by the way and I really enjoy singing as it introduces me to new friends and I even get to travel. Last year, I went on tour with my choir to Japan and we sang several mini-concerts there at schools and all. We even get to sing in some concert hall and watch another Japanese choir sing.
aaden

Post by aaden »

i sing at school bcause i go to a school for the arts so we do a variety of everything. we do a lot of productions and musical theaters. im 14 so i can still sing sop but on a lot of songs i would rather go alto and let the girls take the sop. :P

bring on the tenor!!!!!!!
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Yes, I sing in a pure women's choir. We are 60 womens alltogether. But in concerts we are approximately 20 to 25 female singers. I sing in the first treble/soprano, that's why I love it to sing the parts of Tom Cully, Liam Connery or Joseph Platt together with them (or with the cd's).
Sometimes I take lessons with a voice trainer.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I just started taking voice lessons, and I am really enjoying it! :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Sue wrote:Yes, I sing in a pure women's choir. We are 60 womens alltogether. But in concerts we are approximately 20 to 25 female singers. I sing in the first treble/soprano, that's why I love it to sing the parts of Tom Cully, Liam Connery or Joseph Platt together with them (or with the cd's).
Sometimes I take lessons with a voice trainer.
Hello from sunny England (:shock:) Sue, welcome to the website. Hope you keep posting, it will be nice to have another singer on the forum :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

I was once a lead vocalist on my high school alternative rock band and had a few gigs but we broke the group when we went to different colleges as our schedules didn't fit for practice. I sung first soprano on our church's children's choir and later on moved into alto. Currently I'm singing alto 2 in my college choir and we're preparing for a competition this friday. I hope we don't mess up! hahaha
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

I sang in elementary(primary) Choir as a 2nd soprano/1st Alto then skipped middle school and sang in high school(secondary i guess?) as 2nd Tenor(didnt want to be) and 1st Bass(wanted to just be bass period). Now I sing baritone in various Musicals and Cabarets for a small theatre troupe i am part of....we're very local unfortunately :( . I just wish I had come to terms wiht having a higher singing voice and keeping it then forcing myself down and losing majority of my talent :? :?
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

irishoreo wrote:I sang in elementary(primary) Choir as a 2nd soprano/1st Alto then skipped middle school and sang in high school(secondary i guess?) as 2nd Tenor(didnt want to be) and 1st Bass(wanted to just be bass period). Now I sing baritone in various Musicals and Cabarets for a small theatre troupe i am part of....we're very local unfortunately :( . I just wish I had come to terms wiht having a higher singing voice and keeping it then forcing myself down and losing majority of my talent :? :?
I understand you. I also made a decision before to sing alto parts when I was singing 2nd soprano because I somehow grew tired of it and I wanted more challenge. Now I can still sing 2nd soprano parts but the voice quality is sooo wrong, I sometimes can't recognize my own voice when I sing high parts and it's just frustrating when I wanted to sing along with Libera songs. lol! :D
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

chix wrote:
irishoreo wrote:I sang in elementary(primary) Choir as a 2nd soprano/1st Alto then skipped middle school and sang in high school(secondary i guess?) as 2nd Tenor(didnt want to be) and 1st Bass(wanted to just be bass period). Now I sing baritone in various Musicals and Cabarets for a small theatre troupe i am part of....we're very local unfortunately :( . I just wish I had come to terms wiht having a higher singing voice and keeping it then forcing myself down and losing majority of my talent :? :?
I understand you. I also made a decision before to sing alto parts when I was singing 2nd soprano because I somehow grew tired of it and I wanted more challenge. Now I can still sing 2nd soprano parts but the voice quality is sooo wrong, I sometimes can't recognize my own voice when I sing high parts and it's just frustrating when I wanted to sing along with Libera songs. lol! :D

Haha i hear that with the libera songs, now I just sing along with them an octave or 2 down and pretend im just one of the older boys in the back....don't judge me people lol. It does feel weird in higher ranges doesn't it....almost like it just shouldnt be! Oh well, maybe we both should just start training the voices we have now, i hear that with the right training we can always extend our ranges back to where they were once and have it sound natural
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

I sing but I've never had the guts to sing in front of an audience by myself. I was part of our church choir wehn I was 9 or 10, then part of my high school's glee club and then took a class on vocal music during my senior year in high school.

Oh, and I love karaoke! :) It takes a few drinks and a some coaxing but when I start singing, no one will be able to pry the mike away from my hand! :P
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

I used to love to sing when I was in elementary school, and sang solos for a couple school concerts, but no solos since then. I used to sing in my church choir as a tenor because that's where we needed people and because I could kinda (lol) force my voice down to where it was needed for the part. Otherwise I just sang it an octave higher, but softer so it didn't stick out too much. Usually I could sing the tenor part quite well though. I always liked to sing, but didn't get the encouragement I needed, I guess you could say. It was never really something people thought I liked I guess.

My main thing is playing the trumpet at church, even though I haven't gone for awhile. I taught another person who was interested in playing how to play trumpet, which was pretty cool. She is also the music director at the church, so I got to be the music director's assistant and help pick out music and stuff. :)
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
heeh91
Silver Member

Post by heeh91 »

i sing in choir now. i sing soprano 2 because i like to harmonize. singing the melody gets oldddd. my choir teacher tried to get me to sing alto for a few songs to extend my low range but it is not comfortable yet. my teacher tells me i have the timbre (voice quality) of a boy treble because i have no natural vibrato in my voice and it's just all tone. i think it's funny, cause i'm a girl...but it makes matching libera songs easy!
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Nikki178 wrote:I sing but I've never had the guts to sing in front of an audience by myself. I was part of our church choir wehn I was 9 or 10, then part of my high school's glee club and then took a class on vocal music during my senior year in high school.

Oh, and I love karaoke! :) It takes a few drinks and a some coaxing but when I start singing, no one will be able to pry the mike away from my hand! :P

Hahah i use to attend karaoke every monday night at this coffee shop in town....and one on tuesday nights bit farther south.....yea completely sober unfortunately!! Wish i had a few in me so i wouldnt remember it lol
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

LuxVenit wrote:I used to love to sing when I was in elementary school, and sang solos for a couple school concerts, but no solos since then. I used to sing in my church choir as a tenor because that's where we needed people and because I could kinda (lol) force my voice down to where it was needed for the part. Otherwise I just sang it an octave higher, but softer so it didn't stick out too much. Usually I could sing the tenor part quite well though. I always liked to sing, but didn't get the encouragement I needed, I guess you could say. It was never really something people thought I liked I guess.

My main thing is playing the trumpet at church, even though I haven't gone for awhile. I taught another person who was interested in playing how to play trumpet, which was pretty cool. She is also the music director at the church, so I got to be the music director's assistant and help pick out music and stuff. :)

sweet deal! I was asked to play trombone in a few church performances but politely declined(i was burned out from playing bells in a catholic church that I did not belong to and i'm not catholic)