who among you sings?

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

krishna mie
Silver Member

who among you sings?

Post by krishna mie »

i was just wondering... who among us here in the forum sings?

it just really popped out from my mind... are there who sings in the choir, solo, plays, etc? oh, and if you have videos you can share via the net, i'd like to see them :D
if you want to know about virtue, look for a virtuous man!!!
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I sing in the shower...does that count? :lol:

I used to sing with a student group for mass...sometimes I still do when they need more people. I'm also in a society that helps organize Taize sessions once a semester, so we sing there too.

No videos...too embarrassing. :lol:
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

I sing, but I doubt anything is on the internet in a reachable area (and the ones that made it on facebook, jeez they sucked).

I sing Tenor in my parish choir and the music ministry at my university. We also have a performance choir/acapella group in its inaugural year at the Catholic center (yet to be named). We are currently planning the music for the entire year.
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Well, I used to be in my seconday school's choir. I have already graduated from secondary school. So yeah, usually I'll sing in the shower too! But I'm not very good at it, I guess. :) And I'm very shy to sing alone infront of people. Hehe. At home it's alright cos I mostly joke around and sing. These days, my favourite song to sing is Air. I'm trying to hit the high notes, and it's really hard cos there's absolutely no lyrics.

No videos yet, haha.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

I sing to myself a lot, esp. in the car.

I'm hoping to record myself on garage band. If I succeed, I'll post it to you.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Libera_me

I sing!

Post by Libera_me »

I sing!
I'm in my School's Select Touring Choir, and I have been in 4 Musicals (Annie,Pirates of Penzance,Wizard of Oz, Beauty and the Beast)
I also take voice lessons once a week.
I also belt it out when every i'm home alone. :lol:
I'm also play the clarinet in band, but i'm very bad at that!
Free

Post by Free »

I sing in my university capella.(which obviously means that we sing acapella :D ). I'm soprano. Have some vids from concerts but they're not uploaded & we're recording our demo CD for international competitions. :wink:
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

Awesome! Which group are you in? (if you don't mind me asking)

A couple years ago I was one of the founding members of Manhattan College's acapella group (which unfortunately hasn't been growing like I would have liked), and then last year we tried and failed to start a SUNY Upstate Medical/SU acapella group (which we would've called Aural Remedies). Med students just have no time.
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
Free

Post by Free »

It's called Musica Linguae. As we're in the linguistic university :D But we have about a half people from other universities & even post-graduaters. Yeah, it's true. Students happen to have less time then needed :wink:
dillonryan

Post by dillonryan »

Yep! I'm a bass in the choir at church, I sing every Sunday morning and I also sing whenever I'm home alone, sometimes even when I'm not home alone, which usually ends with a very rude "shuddup already!"
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

i sing when im on my moped but promptly shut up when i pull up to lights incase someone has there window open lol
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

kthomp wrote:i sing when im on my moped but promptly shut up when i pull up to lights incase someone has there window open lol
And we all know what you're singing, too: Rule, Britannia!
PiusPatronus

Post by PiusPatronus »

Wicked, lots of people in the forum sing!

I sing a lot too, but I can only find so much time to practise. And there isn't a lot of places that has good acoustics... well.... the bathroom does :lol:
Quote from the movie Copying Beethoven
"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God, who sing his praise. That's what musicians are. "
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

PiusPatronus wrote: And there isn't a lot of places that has good acoustics... well.... the bathroom does :lol:

Josh sings there alot to apparantly. At least according to what he said while on SOP recently. :lol:
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
plumpuff6
Silver Member

singing...

Post by plumpuff6 »

I sang in my high school choir and when I was at university. Right now I'm not singing in a choir and I really miss it! I only ever had one solo in choir during high school and never auditioned for one in university but I preferred to just sing as part of a group.

But I did go to a state music competition 2 years in high school and managed to get a superior rating both times. The first year I sang "O Rest in the Lord" by Mendelssohn and my friend and I sang the duet "I Waited for the Lord" also by Mendelssohn and we got an excellent rating. The second year I sang "Nymphs and Shepherds" by Purcell. That was a lot of fun.

Singing in the shower...ha ha. I don't usually sing in the shower! But sometimes. And it does sound really good in the shower, with the nice acoustics and everything.