Japanese TV series ‘Shitamachi Rocket’ BG Music

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Music Recording Speculations

Post by Surpinto »

As mentioned by Maartendas in a different thread Libera spent some time in the recording studio while on tour in Japan.

But what could they have recorded? :shock: They just put out a brand new CD and a Japanese only song seems unlikely since they released "For the Future" as well. So what could it be?

My guess is that it's a new recording of "Angel". I have several reasons for this guess.
  • Libera tweeted out that "...'Angel’ is the Universal Studios Japan theme song this Christmas"
  • Daniel is wearing headphones suggesting he has a prominent role on this song and we know he sang the solo on "Angel" in Japan.
What does everyone else think? Are we in for another "Angel" single?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Music Recording Speculations

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I would be surprised they bother to record a new version of 'Angel', as the USJ says this year is the last time they use the same theme for their night Christmas show.

I more think the recording is related to the TV drama 'Shimomachi Rocket' which is air every Sunday in Japan at 9:00 PM on channel TBS.

Here a photo with two of the actors, Asakura Aki (27) and Toshige Iyohara (10).

I watch the 1st episode last week, they used 'Far Away' at the end, to illustrate the success of the main character after a whole episode of problems that he eventually overpass.

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainmen ... ssion=true

This part of the article speaks about a song being recorded for the TV drama:
今後の劇中歌についても「ドラマのために収録してくださる曲がどのシーンに使われるか本当に楽しみですし、彼らの熱量と私たちの熱量がうまく高め合って間違いなく良いシーンになると思うので、期待していてほしいです」と呼び掛けた。
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

With new facts and new information comes a changed mind! :lol: I saw the photo on Twitter but did not understand or know the context. So what could it be then? You say they did "Far Away", so would it be appropriate to guess that it is another song by Mr. Muramatsu?
  • Far Away
  • Angel
  • Home
  • Song of Life
  • You Were There
My guess is that they are recording an old song for copyright reasons. For example, they recorded it before for Warner Records and need all copyrights to this new recording to be owned by Wisteria Project or Libera itself.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

The latest article from the "Shimomachi Rocket" website has a couple additional pictures of the recording session, and says that Libera recorded a cover of the Japanese song "Headlight Taillight" which is by the Japanese singer Miyuki Nakajima http://www.tbs.co.jp/shitamachi_rocket/ ... ml#d181028. Here's a Youtube video of Miyuki performing it live on a Japanese show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ygnVA5pU8
There are plenty of covers of the song available for viewing as well.
The article also seems to suggest that they recorded some additional music for the show, but I'm relying on the Google translation, so I'm not sure if that's the case.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, apparently the "Headlight, Taillight" song was on the latest episode of "Shimomachi Rocket" (Sunday, Oct 28th). I found a website that already has the first two episodes of the series available, but doesn't have the newest episode yet. I'm not sure if it's legal for the website to do this, so I won't link to it.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

As usual, I couldn't have been more wrong. :lol: :shock: I think they did something for a TV show in Japan before, right? I seem to recall a TV show theme song or something a number of years ago.

Thanks for the information, bachmahlerfan! There is also a post on the Libera Records website about this that just came out but contains essentially the same information.
aoba

Japanese TV series ‘Shitamachi Rocket’ BG Music

Post by aoba »

It was announced that Libera's music will be used for background one in the Japanese TV Series ‘Shitamachi Rocket (下町ロケット)’. This program is currently on the air in Japan as fall TV shows 2018.
https://libera-records.com/news/2018/10/21/800/
https://www.tbs.co.jp/shitamachi_rocket ... ml#d181025

‘Far Away’ was used in ep.1 which was broadcasted already.
From now on, other songs including a new recording one(s) will be used. Actually, they recorded something for this program in Tokyo during the Japan tour in 2018.

In ep.3, I heard the new recording song: ‘Headlight, Taillight (ヘッドライト・テールライト)’. This song originally comes from Miyuki Nakajima (中島みゆき) and Libera sang its vocalise version. It is a well-known song and she is one of the most famous singer-songwriter in Japan.
https://www.tbs.co.jp/shitamachi_rocket ... ml#d181028

The latest episode of this series is officially available on the following link only for 7 days.
(Perhaps due to IP restrictions, it may not be available from outside Japan. If it applies, please point it out.)
[TVer]: https://tver.jp/corner/f0027147

The ep.3 is available on TVer until 4 November 23:59 JST. That song's start point is 28m43s.

EDIT Sorry, I can not share and explain unofficial sources.
Last edited by aoba on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bachmahlerfan

Re: Japanese TV series ‘Shitamachi Rocket’ BG Music

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I entered a postal code into the website from Tokyo and it still prevented me from seeing the episode. However, I found another website where I was able to view it. The only thing is that my anti-virus software had to block some malware, so I probably shouldn't link to it. Server 1 didn't work for me, but Servers 2 and 3 did. I searched Google for Shitamachi Rocket 2 (only including webpages within the last week) and the link came up on the first page. The website has the word "taxi" in it.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE POST ABOVE!!!

The moment I selected server 2 my web browser experienced a blackmail attack, the sort where a pop-up appears, tells you that you have a virus and instructs you to follow a link to another website. Fortunately I was able to back out of the internet quickly enough to get away from it.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, if you don't want to deal with the problem of pop-up pages, I found another link that is free of that. You may need to adjust the video quality in the settings. https://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2kMNucGGhs05Lseqzc
By the way, Libera starts at the 29:00 mark.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

@TullyBascombe : you just had an unpleasant nasty advertisement, such thing can present from many sites.
You should use an ads blocker and/or a pop-up stopper to avoid it.

Thanks for the link Surpinto :)
I was able to watch from the Japanese site 'TVer', but not to download from it.
Note that the 'Taxi' site can also can be a bit tricky: from the European IPs I tried, the video was not playing and I had no button "server 1" 2 ou 3 at the bottom. It is only after I gave myself an American IP that the video played and the 3 server buttons appeared.

(I merged the two topics related to this Japanses TV Drama and the recording Libera made last week in Japan).
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:21 am">5 years ago</span> DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE POST ABOVE!!!

The moment I selected server 2 my web browser experienced a blackmail attack, the sort where a pop-up appears, tells you that you have a virus and instructs you to follow a link to another website. Fortunately I was able to back out of the internet quickly enough to get away from it.
Yeah, as fan de Lok states this is just a pop up and unless you're running an out of date browser you can just ignore and continue. An adblocker (I recommend ublock origin) will address having the popup in the first place. No need to panic. Situation normal. All systems go. Code green. :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thanks for giving us the links to hear the new song.

Surely that’s not the song they sung in the recording studio last week though as that episode would of been filmed months ago?

No way could they have edited that song into the episode within a few days of it airing.
aoba

Post by aoba »

dani wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:15 pm">5 years ago</span> No way could they have edited that song into the episode within a few days of it airing.
Some Japanese TV drama series teams usually film and edit their work just (a week ~ several days) before they are broadcast. So, it's no wonder that they replaced and adjusted the background music several days before the broadcast.
Of course, I think it was a very busy work for them. :wink: