Libera interviews collection

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Libera interviews collection

Post by filiarheni »

I was thinking of one place here in the forum to collect all Libera interviews or rather links to them so that they can all be found easily and we have quicker access to them.

So what I have at the moment are 16 interviews, compiled by JimmyRiddle, which contain:

1. Libera interview BBC Radio Solent 26th July 2015 (Cassius, Ciaran, Alessandro, Taichi
  2. Robert Prizeman interview on Son Rise Morning Show
  3. Libera interview BBC Radio Wiltshire
  4. Libera interview BBC Radio Sheffield
  5. Libera interview BBC Radio Solent
  6. Libera interview BBC Radio Oxford
  7. Libera interview BBC Radio Norfolk
  8. Libera interview BBC Radio Newcastle
  9. Libera interview BBC Radio Leicester
  10. Libera interview BBC Radio Kent
  11. Libera interview BBC Radio Guernsey
  12. Libera interview BBC Radio Derby
  13. Libera interview BBC Radio Cornwall
  14. Libera interview BBC Radio Merseyside
  15. Libera Interview BBC Radio York
  16. Libera interview BBC WM (West Midlands)

Then this written interview by Libera Records during their Japan tour 2017 Special interview “Libera – where the harmony originates”, translated by YukiBOL.
Sam Coates and Steven Geraghty were interviewed and then some comments on the songs by the "Hope" soloists follow.

And the US interview Music From The Tower: Guests Are Robert Prizeman And “Libera” as of 12th August 2017, made available by Surpinto.
Interviewees were Robert, Peter Kielty, Alex Gula and Leo Barron.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
tom413
Gold Member

Re: Libera interviews collection

Post by tom413 »

Libera recorded another episode of Music from the Tower while they were at the Christ Cathedral.
It has not been edited and scheduled yet, but will appear some day at http://christcathedralmusic.org/music-f ... -program-1
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks for cataloging it, filiarheni. I think it is good to have those things organized.
tom413 wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:12 pm">5 years ago</span> Libera recorded another episode of Music from the Tower while they were at the Christ Cathedral.
It has not been edited and scheduled yet, but will appear some day at http://christcathedralmusic.org/music-f ... -program-1
Wasn't aware of that. Thanks!

We are also still waiting on this interview mentioned earlier if anyone has any further information.
liberausa

Post by liberausa »

i can't ever seem to find any recent interviews from 2017 on. maybe they don't do them as much.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

tom413 wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:12 pm">5 years ago</span> Libera recorded another episode of Music from the Tower while they were at the Christ Cathedral.
Actually, the Christ Cathedral Music Facebook page only mentions airing an "encore presentation" on August 4th of the interview from last year. There's no mention of a new interview.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

2006 - Libera did a promotion tour in Japan for "Ice Walls", but I'm not sure what that was.

Interview 2006 Japan with Tom C., Michael H., Callum, James, Josh, Connor and Ed.

I don't know the date of the following interview with Callum, Michael H. and Tom C., but it was posted on Youtube on 31.05.2006. The actual interview part is very short, but look at Tom. :wink:

Libera - UK News Interview
Last edited by filiarheni on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

2007 - I think there's no-one of us who doesn't know their interview

Libera in their own words

which was published on the DVD "Angel Voices - Libera in Concert". There were so many boys involved that I don't list them all here.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

2009 - a two-part interview in Japan in April.

Part 1 (no interview, only the singing of You Were There):
Libera performance at interview in Japan

Part 2:
Libera interview in Japan

And a third one in Japan as well with Liam C., Tom C., Josh, Mini-Ben, Ed, Zack, Sam L., Michael V.:

Libera - Japan web interview

This is a very nice interview, one of my favourites, and I really like how Josh is describing that he thinks of his family when he sings You Were There, because "they are there for me". :)
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

2011 - A nice article as of 03.04.2011 by "The Star", who had interviewed Ralph, Barney and Robert during their Canada tour:

"This boy band stays that way"

Another interview from the Canada time, here at Salt and Light Catholic Television with Kavana, Liam C. and Freddie:

Libera interview in Canada

Finally a longer one from previous years! :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you so much. :D Many of these I have either never seen or saw long ago and had forgotten about them.

Thank you, very fun to watch.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Here are two interviews with Robert. I like them most, because the interview with the boys are definitely fun, but those with Robert are the most interesting. And can also be funny. :wink:

This older one from 2006 unfortunately is not complete. Maybe someone else can find the entire video. Apart from Robert, there were Tom C. and Callum and among other things it is about why Libera was founded and what the differences from and overlaps with St. Philip's Boys Choir are. (Only the constant jingle playing-in is driving me crazy ... :roll: )

Interview Robert Prizeman and Libera

:D Well, and I do love this BBC interview from 2013 with Robert, Ben Fairman, Michael Ustynovych-Repa. Talks about auditions, rehearsals, arrangements and a lot more!

Libera BBC Surrey Interview 07.05.2013

Robert: "I say 'proper' music as opposed to music that I've sort of arranged." :lol:
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

This is like a gold mine and why didn't any of us thought of it earlier? Thanks to you filiarheni, I now have more stuff to do. :roll:
Always great knowing more about their music and/or their own opinions about themselves. :D

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:45 pm">5 years ago</span> [...] the interview with the boys are definitely fun, but those with Robert are the most interesting.
I can't agree with this enough!
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

There is the broadcast of a "Music from the Tower" interview on October 13 at 10:00 pm Californian time announced.

Robert, Leo, Alex G., Daniel were interviewed and the website announces the songs like this:

Ave Maria, Giulio Caccini, Libera from their new CD, BEYOND
Lacrymosa (Based upon Saint-Saens “Aquarium”), Leo Barron (high “ah’s”), Alex Gula, soloist
The Prayer, Céline Dion, Libera from their new CD, BEYOND. Daniel White, soloist
Ave Maria, Robert Prizeman
Sanctus, based on the Canon Johann Pachelbel, arr. Robert Prizeman
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Vindicated at last.
Hopefully someone gets a nice capture of this, as I will be asleep when it's airing live.