Japan 'Beyond' Tour - October 2018

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

john45
Gold Member

Re: Japan 'Beyond' Tour - October 2018

Post by john45 »

james010101 wrote: <span title="Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:24 am">5 years ago</span>
Is it generally acceptable to take photos/videos? Also, for the signing part, do they only sign official merchandise sold at the venue, or are they ok with signing other items too (i.e. old merchandise sold by Libera Record a few years back)? I'm not too familiar with such events and I don't want to antagonize anyone.
It varies. Sometimes photography is allowed; sometimes not. Same applies to signing; sometimes only specific items; sometimes anything goes. You will find out on the day.
james010101

Post by james010101 »

john45 wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:32 pm">5 years ago</span>
james010101 wrote: <span title="Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:24 am">5 years ago</span>
Is it generally acceptable to take photos/videos? Also, for the signing part, do they only sign official merchandise sold at the venue, or are they ok with signing other items too (i.e. old merchandise sold by Libera Record a few years back)? I'm not too familiar with such events and I don't want to antagonize anyone.
It varies. Sometimes photography is allowed; sometimes not. Same applies to signing; sometimes only specific items; sometimes anything goes. You will find out on the day.
Thanks John :)
james010101

Post by james010101 »

It appears that the organisers of the "LIBERA Spooky Halloween Party Supported by Glico LIBERA" event will be recruiting members of the Japanese fan club to perform with / perform to (?) Libera during the event. Perhaps someone with better knowledge of Japanese could help to translate this and enlighten us:

"10/25(木)大阪で開催されるハロウィンイベント「LIBERA Spooky Halloween Party Supported by Glico LIBERA」にて
リベラにやってほしいこと、リベラと一緒にしてみたいことを、ファンクラブ会員のみなさまから募集いたします!"

Seems quite exciting. :)
aoba

Post by aoba »

james010101 wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:18 pm">5 years ago</span> It appears that the organisers of the "LIBERA Spooky Halloween Party Supported by Glico LIBERA" event will be recruiting members of the Japanese fan club to perform with / perform to (?) Libera during the event. Perhaps someone with better knowledge of Japanese could help to translate this and enlighten us:

"10/25(木)大阪で開催されるハロウィンイベント「LIBERA Spooky Halloween Party Supported by Glico LIBERA」にて
No, the organizers of the event are not recruiting the members of the Japanese fan club but asking them some question.

In summary... "What do you want the boys to do in the event? What do you want to do with them in the event?"
james010101

Post by james010101 »

aoba wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:44 pm">5 years ago</span>
james010101 wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:18 pm">5 years ago</span> It appears that the organisers of the "LIBERA Spooky Halloween Party Supported by Glico LIBERA" event will be recruiting members of the Japanese fan club to perform with / perform to (?) Libera during the event. Perhaps someone with better knowledge of Japanese could help to translate this and enlighten us:

No, the organizers of the event are not recruiting the members of the Japanese fan club but asking them some question.

In summary... "What do you want the boys to do in the event? What do you want to do with them in the event?"
Ah, thanks for clearing it up Aoba. Sometimes google translate doesn't really get things right haha :)
james010101

Post by james010101 »

Kajimoto have officially released the opening times and other details regarding the souvenir booths and autograph session for each concert. Below are the (roughly translated) salient information for fans who are attending any of the concerts:

Opening times

1 hour before official venue opening time for each performance

1. Tokyo Performance
Venue: Shinjuku Cultural Center Great Hall
10/21 (Sunday)
15: 00 ~ 15: 45 (Venue opens at 16: 00 / Performance starts at 17: 00)
10/22 (Monday)
17: 00 ~ 17: 45 (Venue opens at 18: 00 / Performance starts at 19: 00)

2. Nagoya Performance
Venue: Zepp Nagoya
10/24 (Wednesday)
17: 00 ~ 17: 45 (Venue opens at 18: 00 / Performance starts at 19: 00)

3. "LIBERA Spooky Halloween Party supported by Glico LIBERA"
10/25 (Thur)
There is no advance sales at "LIBERA Spooky Halloween Party Supported by Glico LIBERA".

4. Osaka Performance
Venue: Osaka International Conference Center (Grand Cube Osaka)
10/26 (Fri)
17: 00 (Venue opens at 18: 00 / Performance starts at 19: 00)

-- You may purchase goods during the "early sale" period even if you do not have a concert ticket.
-- Osaka performance - You may purchase goods until the end of the show even if you do not have a concert ticket.

Autograph session - Requirements

1. Concert ticket for that day's performance
2. Autograph session ticket (obtained through purchase of souvenirs (minimum 2000 yen spending) at the venue's souvenir booth / Shibuya Tsutaya )

Details regarding the autograph session

1. After the show, please bring your autograph session ticket and bring it in the waiting queue which could be in the lobby of the venue.
(The autograph session may take place at a different place depending on the venue so please check on the day itself)
2. Tickets will be collected at the time of arrangement. Be sure to bring your ticket and arrange for it to be collected at the autograph session.
3. Participation is limited to once per person per performance. Even if you have more than one ticket, you cannot join multiple times per performance. However, it is possible to use the tickets at other performances.
4. Only one item will be signed by all members. A single member cannot sign multiple items.
5. However, regardless of the content, it is not necessary to be a commodity subject to distribution of participating tickets. ただし内容は問わず、参加券配布対象商品ではなくても構いません。 (No idea what this means, and google translate did not help either)
6. Libera members will be separated into groups, as such, you may not be able to obtain autographs from each Libera member. In addition, you are not allowed to select a specific group to obtain signatures from.
7. Please refrain from taking commemorative photographs with the members during the autograph session as it will interfere with the operation of the autograph session. It is, however, acceptable to shoot photographs from the queue while you are in line.

LIBERA Spooky Halloween Party supported by Glico LIBERA

1. It is an exchange event with members who can not enjoy regular performances as a first Halloween party. 初めてのハロウィンパーティーということで、通常公演では味わえないメンバーとの交流ができる催しを予定しています。(Not quite sure what this means)
2. There is no schedule of singing.
3. Disguise is an arbitrary thing that excites the atmosphere, so you can enjoy it without having to do it.

I hope I haven't mis-translated anything. Happy to hear from fellow fans who have a better working knowledge of Japanese :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The 2018 tour goodies have been detailed today (read here).
They can be bought at the Tsutaya music store, in Shibuya, Tokyo, or are the venues where Libera will perform, including at the spooky M&G.

Here the PDF file that presents the goods

And to have it friendlily displayed on the forum, here the direct images (click to enlarge) :
  • The 2018 Tee-shirt
    Image  Image  Image

• A towel with hood
    Image  Image  Image

• A white clear file
    Image  Image

• An orange clear file
    Image  Image

• A sleeve to hold hot cups
    Image  Image  Image

• A hand towel
    Image  Image

• A glass plate
    Image  Image

• A tote bag
    Image  Image
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Also, they made available online some previous goods that remain from the December 2015 and June 2017 tours in Japan.

They can be bought from a Japanese site dedicated to goods for fans of various artists.
The site is in Japanese but it can be handled easily with a bit of copy/paste with Google Translator.

https://fandays.jp/products/list?catego ... 0&pageno=1

The 2015-2017 goods proposed are 6 clear files, mostly A4 and one A5 sized, stickers, badges, a bag, tee-shirts, and the famous T-card and also the 2018 card holder.

I made an order : the site works fine with foreign credit cards.

The delivery address must be located in Japan though, but this is not really an issue, as everyone here now knows how to have a personal mail address in Japan, right ? :wink:
(if not, this may help)

An image of the 2015-2017 goods proposed :

For those attending the tour in Japan, the goods sold on this 'Fandays' site don't count for the 2,000 yens of merchandises required for the ticket of the signature session after the concerts.
justin

Post by justin »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:50 am">5 years ago</span>
[*]A towel with hood
Image  Image  Image

[*]A sleeve to hold hot cups
Image  Image  Image

These two are excellent and useful merchandise to pick up! I'm looking forward to buying them in bulk :lol:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Amazing! Thank you so much for the information, fan_de_LoK. :D
Noob

Post by Noob »

can someone please give a review for either of these concerts?
i'm dying to read all about them!! :wink:
There is nothing quite like a sweet treble voice.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Don't worry, I'll get to it :)
In short:
Samuel had his solo debut last night on Amazing Grace - he has a smooth and shining voice;
the live premiere of For the Future went down well, and was performed both in the first half and as a second encore together with a Japanese children's choir;
Oliver WR is coming into the limelight as a soloist, including perfect Salva's;
Angel was sung by Ben and Daniel;
Leo's Ave Maria is progressing every concert so Nagoya and Osaka are in for a treat;
Other notable singers were Mattias and Rocco. Also Oliver M is still getting better, adding more shine to each performance.

Besides these facts, there is always the personal experience which I will get to later. Safe to say there is plenty to write about. Many songs touched me deeply.
Personal highlights:
Nearer my God to Thee
Ave Maria (Caccini)
Wayfaring stranger

More to follow later :)

P.S.: the Japanese fanclub had its first tour to be active and present. The fanclub members were given the opportunity for a photo with some of the boys. This was done very fast and probably dozens of photos were taken. They changed each night which boys were at which tables to sign and which boys were doing the photos. I was impressed by how lively and friendly they all were despite the fact that they did their first concert within 24 hours of arriving in Japan. Once again, the chaperones, staff, parents and all involved are to be recommended for all they do in support of this unique group.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

One more thing I forgot: Tadgh joined Rocco in Libera for the double solo. I couldn't hear completely how his voice sounded, but from what I did hear I concluded that he has a pleasant, somewhat shaded, 'round' voice. Still thinking what song might suit him best...
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Thanks Maartendas, looking forward to your further thoughts, always enlightening.
From the front row at the second Tokyo concert, I could distinguish Tadgh’s gentle but strong voice quite clearly. It is certainly due for more prominent exposure and the obvious choice would be “ The Wexford Carol” and the timing just right for the Christmas concert in Brighton.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

If you haven't seen it already, there is a nice photo of "For the Future" composer Seiji Kameda with Libera on Seiji's instagram account. https://www.instagram.com/p/BpR5L79AMk5 ... eda_kamera