The legacy

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

The legacy

Post by maartendas »

So here's a fun thought. Consider all the boys who ever sang in Libera and who have grown up or are growing up as young men today. Now consider the idea of bringing them all together with the current line-up for a huge Libera legacy get-together concert and/or recording. The 25th anniversary of the very first Angel Voices album would be a great occasion... :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: The legacy

Post by Surpinto »

A large choir of men and boys? That would be different. I find that huge choirs of any kind are far less enjoyable than smaller ones. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is an American choir with 360 members. They are exceptionally good, but that sort of sound is more suitable to grand pieces than to more mellow, quiet, or moving ones. A lot of huge choirs like that do not sound as good because the quality starts to deteriorate after a certain number of members. Also, wouldn't the huge number of men drown out the trebles? If memory serves, most choirs of men and boys have a larger number of boy choristers than of male singers for exactly that reason.

What I find extremely commendable about Robert Prizeman (and there are many things!) is his unique ability to choose, arrange, and/or compose music that is highly suitable for his choirs and that sounds amazing. I say "choirs" in the plural because I have been told that his musical selections for the larger church choir that Libera stems from are also excellent.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

:D Sound-wise it's probably not the grandest of ideas, I admit :) but the emotional and historic value would be quite high ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:11 pm">5 years ago</span> :D Sound-wise it's probably not the grandest of ideas, I admit :) but the emotional and historic value would be quite high ;)
Fair enough! :D