Beyond

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Re: Beyond

Post by kinda_k00l »

Libera Records has updated the news regarding Libera "beyond" - see here.

The album will be released in Japan on Oct 17, 2018, containing different arrangements of previous Libera songs (some of you have guessed correctly) :wink:

Tracklist:
- Ave Maria (Caccini)
- Voca Me
- Ave Maria (RP)
- Sanctus
- Mother of God (Tavener)
- Always with you
- Salve Regina
- Benedictus Deus
- In Paradisum
- (Japan Special) 明日へ (To tomorrow) ~for the future
- DVD: Lacrimosa (music video)

There is some more information on the 'mini diary' and stuff, just put the link to Google translate & you'll get hold of what it says.

-----

Personal note, expressed in the calmest way possible:
ANYBODY GETS HYPED JUST FROM LOOKING AT THAT TRACKLIST!? :shock:

EDIT: Just realized that there will be no "Nearer, my God. to Thee" hmm... :cry:
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

What ... Ave Maria by Vavilov (Caccini)?? :o :o Soloist, who? That takes my breath away, actually I admit some fear, because Tom (even more than Steven) set the bar so super high!
Or did they just take some old versions with this Ave Maria , Always With You and Mother of God?

If not, who may be Ave Maria b's soloist? Rocco? Leo? :?:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Or Dominik? Daniel?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

It's also possible that the new arrangement of the Caccini "Ave Maria" won't have such a prominent solo part. Otherwise, if it still has a big solo part, Leo certainly has the high range, but the solo part requires a lot from the low-mid range as well. I'm not sure if Rocco's high range is sufficient for the solo. Now, if Daniel could pull off that solo already, then the kid is freakishly talented.
Last edited by bachmahlerfan on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

If I understand correctly the translation, there is one song on 'Beyond' album that will be sung fully in Japanese.
Is this correct ?
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:53 am">5 years ago</span> If I understand correctly the translation, there is one song on 'Beyond' album that will be sung fully in Japanese.
Is this correct ?
I can't say for sure, but I think you got that right. From what I understand, the last song (Japan Special - 明日へ~for the future) is sung entirely in Japanese. And that piece is co-written by Seiji Kameda and Robert Prizeman!
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

One more thing, I'm not sure about "Always With You". Google Translate shows "Always be by your side ("Becoming a thousand wind" Ribera · Original)" - the "Always be by your side" may seem like "Always With You", but the "Becoming a thousand wind" seems more like "Do Not Stand"...
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:30 am">5 years ago</span> Or did they just take some old versions with this Ave Maria , Always With You and Mother of God?
I'm also wondering if all the tracks are new recordings. It seems odd to do a new arrangement of "Mother of God", or "Benedictus Deus", or "Salve Regina." Although, the "Salve Regina" could be something different than what was featured on the "Hope" album.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:36 am">5 years ago</span> I'm also wondering if all the tracks are new recordings. It seems odd to do a new arrangement of "Mother of God", or "Benedictus Deus", or "Salve Regina." Although, the "Salve Regina" could be something different than what was featured on the "Hope" album.
Maybe there are only some slight changes in arrangement, and the major difference is that those are sung by the current batch of members? I am really curious about "Benedictus Deus" with a new soloist! :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Is there a mistake with Ava Maria as why would they have two versions on the album?

Even if they are remixed it’s over kill to have the same song twice.

Other than that it’s super exciting to see a track listing and tons of new solos.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

@dani: One is the Caccini composition (as recorded on Luminosa and New Dawn), the other one is Robert's composition (recorded on Visions and ofcourse recently revived in Ely :)).
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Both versions of "Ave Maria" were on Eternal (2008) with two different soloists; so this actually not without precedent. In fact, very many of these songs were last seen on that very album!

I am going to categorize the songs thusly....

Last Seen on Eternal (new recordings certain)
  • Ave Maria (Caccini)
  • Mother of God
  • Always with you
Last Seen on Hope (new recordings unlikely)
  • Salve Regina
  • Benedictus Deus
Songs Performed in Ely (new recordings certain)
  • Voca Me - There was a live recording for the America CD, but this will be a studio album. Last studio recording was on Eternal.
  • Ave Maria (RP)
  • Sanctus
  • In Paradisum - This is a totally new song, so no doubt about a new recording can exist. :lol:
Brand New - Unknown Before Now (without doubt new recordings)
  • (Japan Special) 明日へ (To tomorrow) ~for the future
  • DVD: Lacrimosa (music video) - Not sure sure about this one. Same "Lacrymosa" as on Peace? :?: It remains to be seen, but I would guess a new recording.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

If Benedictus Deus is a new recordingnthis is good news as it will hopefully mean they will perform it live at some stage.

Tom DL sung it on Hope so hopefully a new younger boy has gotten the solo.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

dani wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:08 pm">5 years ago</span> If Benedictus Deus is a new recordingnthis is good news as it will hopefully mean they will perform it live at some stage.

Tom DL sung it on Hope so hopefully a new younger boy has gotten the solo.
This is exactly my thought! Tbh I used to fear that Benedictus Deus has become mission impossible as Tom DL set the standard too high (not that the current batch are not talented though). New recording means the current members can totally nail it, and we can get to listen to it on stage one day. 8)
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

As far as I can remember, the first published track list for the "Hope" CD was incomplete. Am I right?
So, maybe we can still expect one or two or three songs to be added to the "Beyond" track list, as now only 10 (or 11?) are known.

I hope very much all of them will be new recordings. Not necessarily very new, but not published before. I was wondering who might be the soloist for the very demanding Vavilov's "Ave Maria" (Caccini). I would have nothing against, if this turned out to be an older recording by Isaac or Alessandro, for instance.

Of course, I'm very curious about "Benedictus Deus" and "Salve Regina". Those songs appear again, even though they were first published in the last year's CD. Interesting.