Beyond

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Beyond

Post by TullyBascombe »

Does the special Japanese edition "with gift" contain the videos?
by aoba » 2 months ago
Hi!

I found that 'Beyond (Japan edition)' is reserved sold in two types at Amazon Japan.
These differences are the price and whether there is an early purchase benefit or not: 'Beyond mini diary'.

with gift :

without gift :

If there is anyone who have already reserved 'Beyond (Japan Edition)' on Amazon Japan and wants to get the mini diary, I'd recommend checking your orders.

(P.S. Details of the diary's design are unknown, but there may be a different version for each store (HMV, TOWER RECORDS, TSUTAYA RECORDS or others.)
Is it still possible to order this version?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:59 pm">5 years ago</span> Thank you very much for sharing many reviews about Beyond.
I am also happy that Libera produced new album again and soon.
I think many people buy this album. It’s also my wish.
Thank you Libera Snow for your review. It was fun to read. :D
aoba wrote: <span title="Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:21 am">5 years ago</span>
bamboo wrote: <span title="Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:56 am">5 years ago</span>
aoba wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:47 pm">5 years ago</span> The digital music of a Japanese special track ‘For the Future’ is now available. :D
Any idea if the full MV will be released? No indication of who the soloists are though..
I watched the full MV at the CD shop in Japan. (my tweet)

Soloists of ‘For the Future’ are... (Until the full MV is released on the web, I will keep the setting on spoiler messege.)
► Show Spoiler
Thank you for this. Waiting for the "Lacrymosa" video at this point then. My DVD should arrive soon but I hope it is uploaded in HD quality rather than in DVD quality.
Egorbea2018

Post by Egorbea2018 »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:15 pm">5 years ago</span> Does the special Japanese edition "with gift" contain the videos?
by aoba » 2 months ago
Hi!

I found that 'Beyond (Japan edition)' is reserved sold in two types at Amazon Japan.
These differences are the price and whether there is an early purchase benefit or not: 'Beyond mini diary'.

with gift :

without gift :

If there is anyone who have already reserved 'Beyond (Japan Edition)' on Amazon Japan and wants to get the mini diary, I'd recommend checking your orders.

(P.S. Details of the diary's design are unknown, but there may be a different version for each store (HMV, TOWER RECORDS, TSUTAYA RECORDS or others.)
Is it still possible to order this version?
Can I order the Japanese Beyond from the USA and does it have both the CD and DVD? What is a mini diary? When I translate the currency into US dollars it is almost twice as much, is it because all Japanese versions in your post have the DVD and CD? Do you know how much the shipping and taxes would be from Japan to the USA to order it?
aoba

Post by aoba »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:15 pm">5 years ago</span> Is it still possible to order this version?
Egorbea2018 wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:34 pm">5 years ago</span> Can I order the Japanese Beyond from the USA ... ?
Yes, probably.
It may be temporarily out of stock. So please be careful of the next arrival date.

Egorbea2018 wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:34 pm">5 years ago</span> ... does it have both the CD and DVD?
Yes. the Japanese Beyond have 2 disc (CD+DVD).

Egorbea2018 wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:34 pm">5 years ago</span> What is a mini diary?
It's an extra item. It's like a notebook.

Egorbea2018 wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:34 pm">5 years ago</span> When I translate the currency into US dollars it is almost twice as much, is it because all Japanese versions in your post have the DVD and CD?
That would be one of the reasons.

Egorbea2018 wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:34 pm">5 years ago</span> Do you know how much the shipping and taxes would be from Japan to the USA to order it?
I don't know that.
aoba

Post by aoba »

(Because it was requested, I write down here.)

The following list is the Japanese edition's early purchase bonus notebooks ‘beyond diary mini’.
There are 5 kinds of covers for each CD store.
beyonddiary_tw1.png
beyonddiary_tw1.png (146.73 KiB) Viewed 28663 times
beyonddiary_tw1.png
beyonddiary_tw1.png (146.73 KiB) Viewed 28663 times
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you Aoba, really helpful :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Time to post my review :) I haven't read any other reviews, so I have no idea if I just repeat or completely contradict what others have written :)

Robert and the boys have created a masterpiece with Beyond. This might well prove to be their finest effort. It seems so much more one complete whole than any other album before, save for Luminosa. In fact, Luminosa is what Beyond reminds me of the most, because of the consistent style and atmosphere throughout the album. Style meaning the orchestral sound and atmosphere meaning an atmosphere of prayer. Because, except for Do Not Stand (and possibly For the Future), the entire album is made up of prayers: prayers for mercy and prayers of praise. It is also the album with the most prayers to the Virgin Mary - two Ave Marias, Salve Regina and Mother of God. Not only that, more than half of the songs are entirely in Latin. All in all, this album feels like one continuous liturgy of prayer.

As said, there is the exception of Do Not Stand, which is not so much a prayer as a message - from 'beyond', if you will. A poem, sent by the deceased to the loved ones who stayed behind. Thematically, it fits perfectly with the rest of the songs, which alternate between pleading for mercy and singing God's praise - in other words, alternating between this world and the one 'beyond'. Do Not Stand doesn't just tread the line that lies between those two worlds, it actually crosses it - it is a song from 'beyond', explaining how the deceased is no longer in the grave, but has gone and become part of the rain, the stars, the birds... in other words, all the living world around us.

To be honest, I am not sure exactly how For the Future fits in this consistent theme, but as it is a bonus song for the Japanese market, it stands on its own anyway. Musically it sounds so light and lovely, it always cheers me up. I really enjoy the playfulness of all the different voices and languages.
Has anyone ventured a translation of the lyrics yet? I had an interesting discussion about the lyrics with a few Japanese fans, who explained that the lyrics are a bit ambiguous. They refer to motivation and discipline, but also leave it open to remain free in your choice. Perhaps someone can enlighten us on the exact meaning. Or maybe I can one day translate it myself - as I am now hoping to learn how to read and write Japanese, after visiting Tokyo for the tour and falling in love with the country and its culture.

The song is for me forever connected to that tour and in fact, this whole album is very much connected to the series of concerts I attended this year. So hearing it also brings memories of those concerts. I see Daniel standing proudly in the spotlight, singing The Prayer, taking his time so calmly for those long notes. I see the boys in an arc of light singing Sanctus with those cheerful hosannas. I remember Merlin in the middle and the boys in a semi-circle around him, and the joy of hearing that rich sound of Robert's Ave Maria. As for Voca Me, I now picture Leo on the right side of the stage, next to the musicians, and Rocco fully concentrated mid-stage, building up the tension for the song's finale.
And then there is In Paradisum - it had its premiere in Ely and has moved me deeply ever since. The song has been almost like a theme song for 2018, including the video - I still remember the first time I saw that and how much it intrigued and (again) moved me.
So 'Beyond' is different from other Libera albums in the sense that my first full listening experience already brought with it some beautiful memories.

There was and is ofcourse still much that is new and to be discovered:

Gabe on the Caccini Ave Maria - :shock: wow! It sounds both classic and fresh, like a beautiful spring morning. His legato is stunning - it reminds me of how our choir director tries to teach us to sing more legato - I can now have this example in my head :D
Salve Regina - what a treat to have new version with more solo work :) Rocco is great at shaping the notes of Schubert's lovely melody. The shorter version also sounds fresher.
Lacrymosa has a kind of pulsing energy which gives it a living, breathing quality, very different from previous versions. Like it was re-invented.
Do Not Stand has both a seriousness and gentleness to it that I have not heard before. It is as if Gabe is singing from within the meaning of the words. I totally believe him when I hear him. There is a hint of sadness, of the acknowledgement of loss, but ultimately comfort. Gabe proves to be an exceptional soloist on this album.
Benedictus Deus - Leo polishes the notes with ease and grace and the entire song is just heavenly. Talk of singing from 'beyond'! Just in time it quiets down, to make room for the last song on the album (not counting the bonus song).
Mother of God sounds so gentle and smooth. How beautiful. A remarkable song choice, too: unaccompanied, using very serious words and finishing so quietly. Like candlelight in a silent chapel.

The album opens with a stunning prayer to the Virgin Mary and ends with one as well. In between are many more prayers, a journey to and from 'beyond'. How perfect.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

kinda_kOO1 submitted this translation:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 11.43.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 11.43.57 AM.png (153.42 KiB) Viewed 28494 times
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:17 pm">5 years ago</span> Time to post my review :) I haven't read any other reviews, so I have no idea if I just repeat or completely contradict what others have written :)
Maybe a bit of both? :lol: :wink: Thanks for the review Maartendas. So you see the album as a constant prayer? It did not occur to me to classify the album this way, but I see exactly where you are coming from. From that vantage point the entire album has a more holistic quality than what I had thought.

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:51 pm">5 years ago</span> kinda_KOOL submitted this translation:
Thank you!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:51 pm">5 years ago</span> kinda_kOO1 submitted this translation:
I was going to ask if anyone had translated that song. Thanks for doing that.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thanks, kinda_k00l and Amie! :D I find the words to be comforting and hopeful.

Something I realised today: the words "Ave Maria" ("Hail, Mary") are spoken by the angel Gabriel to the Virgin Mary (in the Gospel according to Luke) - and now they are sung by... Gabriel :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I was just checking this album on Spotify, and I noticed that the Japanese release of the album has been removed, along with "For the Future", leaving only the "standard" version of the album. Can anybody else confirm this?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:36 pm">5 years ago</span> I was just checking this album on Spotify, and I noticed that the Japanese release of the album has been removed, along with "For the Future", leaving only the "standard" version of the album. Can anybody else confirm this?
I do not see the Japanese version there, but I do not regularly use Spotify.
trev

Post by trev »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:36 pm">5 years ago</span> I was just checking this album on Spotify, and I noticed that the Japanese release of the album has been removed, along with "For the Future", leaving only the "standard" version of the album. Can anybody else confirm this?
Exactly, I was listening to it this morning. Got the album downloaded in Spotify, but when i play it now, it skips the song, and the album picture changed back to the UK version without the extra song For the Future. I am frustrated as I don't have the Japanese version CD, it mean now I don't have a way to listen it. :( :( However, I think it's Libera decision or agreement with the label.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I just checked ITunes and For the Future has
also vanished off there.Thankfully I had already downloaded it so I still have a copy of it.