2018 US Summer Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: 2018 US Summer Tour

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:34 pm">5 years ago</span> Interview broadcast by "Music from the Tower" in sight, 13th October, 10:00 pm Californian time. :)
Thanks to Yumiko who tweeted it.
Looking forward to this. Thank you.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

This video was posted last week by a fan and has many new photos of the US tour. It's really well done and provides a nice opportunity to remember the tour.

You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
james010101

Post by james010101 »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:43 am">5 years ago</span> This video was posted last week by a fan and has many new photos of the US tour. It's really well done and provides a nice opportunity to remember the tour.

If I'm not wrong, most of these photos were posted by US Libera on their instagram page.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:34 pm">5 years ago</span> Interview broadcast by "Music from the Tower" in sight, 13th October, 10:00 pm Californian time. :)
And here it is!

https://soundcloud.com/surpinto/music-f ... ith-libera

You can also listen directly from the Christ Cathedral website: http://christcathedralmusic.org/music-f ... io-program
justin

Post by justin »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:45 pm">5 years ago</span>
And here it is!

You can also listen directly from the Christ Cathedral website: http://christcathedralmusic.org/music-f ... io-program
Thanks Surpinto! When I heard Leo say that he could feel his voice changing, I'm like :cry:. Although he said he doesn't mind it, I know that (from my own experience) its a mixed bag of emotions when you know you'll never be able to hit those stratospheric high notes anymore...
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thanks for that recording Surpinto!
I'm listening to it now. It's getting me in the right frame of mind for
the next tour.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:45 pm">5 years ago</span>
And here it is!

Cheers that man 8)

I listened to the interview on the train to London and it was hugely enjoyable. The interviewer was enthusiastic (if a little lacking in knowledge) and the boys spoke very well and they were very engaging. I felt the star was Robert who was very relaxed and it was great to hear his insights . I also chuckled at his modesty when he declared that he had a 'few tunes' of his own :lol:

One of the best Libera interviews since the SoP special.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thanks so much for this fantastic interview! It gives some new insight in how the choir works, how Robert chooses soloists (it was so cute how Daniel shared his feelings about that) and how the boys experience the singing and touring.

I absolutely LOVE the new songs and have some words to say about them - but will save those for my full album review.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I also enjoyed the interview a lot, especially the parts a little before and right after "Lacrymosa" and "Prayer" were played. It was funny when Leo said about Daniel that "He's clearly learning in the ways of---me", and Daniel refers to him as a "very good boss". I noticed that near the end of the interview, John Romeri was hoping for them to perform at the newly remodeled Cathedral as soon as it's ready. Well, it's scheduled to be ready and dedicated during July of next year. If Libera comes back to the U.S. next year, I would certainly prefer if they explored other regions of the U.S. Going to Los Angeles three years in a row would be a bit much in my opinion.
Noob

Post by Noob »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:49 am">5 years ago</span> Going to Los Angeles three years in a row would be a bit much in my opinion.
ok it's POSSIBLE that i'm biased, but..........
i think they should come to Los Angeles every year :mrgreen:
There is nothing quite like a sweet treble voice.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

They should return to Washington, DC.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:04 am">5 years ago</span> They should return to Washington, DC.
Damn right! But in the meantime, Libera of the US has posted the following video from this summer's tour. And in 4k!

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:54 pm">5 years ago</span>
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:04 am">5 years ago</span> They should return to Washington, DC.
Damn right! But in the meantime, Libera of the US has posted the following video from this summer's tour. And in 4k!

Mmmmmmmmm................ Crispy!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:12 am">5 years ago</span> Mmmmmmmmm................ Crispy!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, very crispy resolution. I'm suddenly a bit hungry!