2018 US Summer Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: 2018 US Summer Tour

Post by filiarheni »

:lol: A sabre-toothed tiger in the choir?
(I couldn't help picturing if that French fry is one or two pieces ...)

justin wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:46 am">5 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:45 pm">5 years ago</span> https://soundcloud.com/surpinto/music-f ... ith-libera

You can also listen directly from the Christ Cathedral website: http://christcathedralmusic.org/music-f ... io-program
Thanks Surpinto! When I heard Leo say that he could feel his voice changing, I'm like :cry:. Although he said he doesn't mind it, I know that (from my own experience) its a mixed bag of emotions when you know you'll never be able to hit those stratospheric high notes anymore...
I think it's not easy for the boys to lose their high voice, but this interview leaves me with the good feeling that they are well accompanied through the time. Not that I ever doubted it. But this is like a confirmation.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

There are many wonderful portraits in that gallery, like those of Romeo and Daniel on the cable car, Tadhg at the bridge, Neo with his stuffed animal, Alex G singing and lots more. Portraits where I can't help but reflect on the growth of all these young men. Plus many photos that made me smile :) A great collection of moments, both on and off stage.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Libera of the US posted this video last year of Tadgh explaining how Subway works:

Now I finally know :)
Just one thing I still wonder about: what does Moose order at Subway...? :wink:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

The Veggie Sub of course!
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:32 pm">5 years ago</span> Just as a reminder, here's two videos from last year, How Great Thou Art, by themselves, and In Christ Alone, with the church's worship team. (I would guess that Robert Prizeman was responsible for Libera's vocal arrangement and harmonies on In Christ Alone. They would have had to practice that before the tour began.)

Once again, the professionalism of the boys is apparent, being able to prepare and adapt to different singing situations. And of course, being able to sing a song or two in a regular worship service gives them just that much more exposure, and hopefully gets some extra folks to come to the evening concert. It's a great idea when they can work out that way.

Just wondering, is the soloist for "How Great Thou Art" Alex G?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:33 pm">5 years ago</span> Just wondering, is the soloist for "How Great Thou Art" Alex G?
Yes, it was Alex :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love