Concert at Ely Cathedral in May 2018

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Re: Concert at Ely Cathedral in May 2018

Post by kinda_k00l »

Thanks andmar for the lovely review. Your personal emotional feelings about the songs make the review really special. :D

And thanks for this detail in particular.
andmar wrote: <span title="Sun May 27, 2018 10:58 pm">6 years ago</span> Again, it was amazing to see how professionally and in full focus the boys worked together with their director and technical stuff. During the soundcheck I was seated close to the sound mixing equipment and I could hear some directing, comments and leads made by Robert Prizeman which were apparently transmitted to the boys’ earphones. The boys responded to them perfectly and without hesitation or doubt. It all worked together like in a well-oiled machinery. The spirit of team work, reliance and confidence could obviously be seen.
I've made a couple of assumptions since the China tour. So not only does this detail highlight Libera's professionalism, it also confirms one of my guesses about how they handle things on stage. :)

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue May 29, 2018 10:38 pm">5 years ago</span> Is it astonishing that they took a comparably new song, Angele Dei, out of the programme so soon? I was very surprised (once I realised it after the concert ), since it's the song for that venue. It got me thinking which song must have replaced it, because Angele Dei had been such a winner of the Libera audience. My guess is I am the Day, because this one is the most similar, as both have that resplendently flourishing, rich part and this even to the same word "illumina/illuminosa" (see lighting, too) after a mystic beginning. While, of course, Angele Dei does not copy from I am the Day, it's perfectly original. But as the set list served all kind of musical taste, I could imagine that Angele Dei fell off it for this nearness.
I used to think they omitted Angele Dei for the new In Paradisum, but your assuption makes sense. I still find Angele Dei a bit more mystic than I Am The Day, although I am no biased and cannot decide which song I like more.
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I thought Angele Dei came off the set list because of In Paradisum as Rocco would of sung both and it’s got a very similar kind of high note that Rocco has to keep hitting on both songs while the chorus sings behind him backing him up.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

To take some burden from his voice? Could be. Although I then may have to regret that he sings both ...
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

At last I was able to catch up with reading of all the reviews of the recent Ely concert. I would like to thank you all for devoting your time and taking effort to write the reviews.

Thank you John for being the first and brilliant as usual.
Thank you Patrick for providing so many details about the undoubted highlight of the evening "Nearer My God To Thee"
Thank you Maarten for sharing your very personal emotions with us.
Thank you Surpinto for your impressions and thoughts. By the way, it was so very nice to meet you.
Thank you Yorkie for listing everything up and for your sophisticated review. I had to look up almost every fourth word :lol: .
Thank you Padmachou for your review with lots of personal emotions and feelings.
Thank you filiarheni for your amazing review. Please, never ever think about not writing concert reviews in the future. :)
Many thanks to you all. While I was reading all the reviews my concert memories revived and I felt like almost being in Ely on that evening again. So good to have all the reviews here as the memory is very transitory.

I wonder, if Libera consider filming a new concert DVD (let's call it like this, even though it would be probably a blue-ray in HD or even 4K). I find it really pity, that we will have to rely only on our memory and the reviews, well and on some pictures too, to remember such a fantastic concert.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

andmar wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 pm">5 years ago</span> I find it really pity, that we will have to rely only on our memory and the reviews, well and on some pictures too, to remember such a fantastic concert.
I know how you feel. But consider this: now the memory stays in your heart, pure as it was on the night. A DVD can never replace that.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Emily_kr

Post by Emily_kr »

Hi! Feels like it's been so long since my last visit to LDF.

I was lucky to have a whole day to rest, and spent my last few hours writing my review both in Korean and English. Writing reviews for Libera concerts is something I could no for a whole day but having a whole day to write reviews is not an everyday thing :roll:

I can't believe how long it takes for me to write a review - I only finished the half.

Here's the link - it' pretty long.
Hope you like it!

https://blog.naver.com/angdooemily/221298342168

Oh and thanks to everyone who wrote amazing reviews above!
#WeLoveLibera #리베라사랑해
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:08 pm">5 years ago</span> I can't believe how long it takes for me to write a review - I only finished the half.

Hope you like it!
Thank you Emily for the lovely review (and long - I like long Libera reviews :lol: ), I really enjoyed reading it. Looking forward to part 2! :D
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:08 pm">5 years ago</span> Hi! Feels like it's been so long since my last visit to LDF.

I was lucky to have a whole day to rest, and spent my last few hours writing my review both in Korean and English. Writing reviews for Libera concerts is something I could no for a whole day but having a whole day to write reviews is not an everyday thing :roll:

I can't believe how long it takes for me to write a review - I only finished the half.

Hope you like it!

https://blog.naver.com/angdooemily/221298342168

Oh and thanks to everyone who wrote amazing reviews above!
Yeah, it's long and detailed and fantastic! How you manage to remember so many of the small details is incredible and makes for great reading. It also allowed me to relive that concert again. Hoping to read part 2 soon. Thank you so much, Emily! :D