Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

hiskeys
Silver Member

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by hiskeys »

I see that the bulletins have them singing 3 songs in the 9:15 service and 2 in the 11:00 service. That makes for a long day. I imagine they'll rest in the afternoon, which makes sense, since I believe they got the sound check done today.

Also, I see Luke Avery (lighting) is including some projection mapping for tomorrow's concert. I believe that's a first for a Libera concert, with the exception of the outdoor Christmas show at Univeral Studios Japan (but that was USJ's own lighting arrangement, not Libera's.) That concept could provide some interesting visuals going forward, but it does require a certain type of background to be feasible.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:13 am">6 years ago</span> Also, I see Luke Avery (lighting) is including some projection mapping for tomorrow's concert. I believe that's a first for a Libera concert, with the exception of the outdoor Christmas show at Univeral Studios Japan (but that was USJ's own lighting arrangement, not Libera's.) That concept could provide some interesting visuals going forward, but it does require a certain type of background to be feasible.
I'm not surprised considering that it's a rare opportunity for them to use an environmental projection lighting system. There aren't a lot of parishes that can afford such fancy lighting systems.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:34 am">6 years ago</span>
hiskeys wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:13 am">6 years ago</span> Also, I see Luke Avery (lighting) is including some projection mapping for tomorrow's concert. I believe that's a first for a Libera concert, with the exception of the outdoor Christmas show at Univeral Studios Japan (but that was USJ's own lighting arrangement, not Libera's.) That concept could provide some interesting visuals going forward, but it does require a certain type of background to be feasible.
I'm not surprised considering that it's a rare opportunity for them to use an environmental projection lighting system. There aren't a lot of parishes that can afford such fancy lighting systems.
I would assume that whatever equipment is required for the projection mapping belongs to, or was just rented by, Luke Avery. By the way, this is probably also a good opportunity for Luke to gain experience with this type of visual enhancement. And it might be somewhat of a test for Libera, as to whether they would like to use it, when appropriate, in the future. Some of their songs involve abstract concepts, but others might benefit from the addition, as long as it doesn't tip the scale into distraction.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:26 am">6 years ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:34 am">6 years ago</span>
I would assume that whatever equipment is required for the projection mapping belongs to, or was just rented by, Luke Avery. By the way, this is probably also a good opportunity for Luke to gain experience with this type of visual enhancement. And it might be somewhat of a test for Libera, as to whether they would like to use it, when appropriate, in the future. Some of their songs involve abstract concepts, but others might benefit from the addition, as long as it doesn't tip the scale into distraction.
Well, if it belonged to him, I think it would have been used in other concerts already, and renting something like that would probably be very expensive. The lighting system definitely belongs to the church because there are numerous photos and even some videos of it in use in the past few years since it was installed there. I read somewhere that it's a rather wealthy parish, so they can afford things that others cannot.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:38 pm">6 years ago</span> I think only the sermons are served as archived podcasts, so I hope somebody captures it because I may not be able too.
I think I might have got it Jimmy but it is my first time trying so.....

#edited to remove links#

Sorry all, but following a request from Libera I have removed the videos. I know those of you that didn't see them will be disappointed but I'm sure you will appreciate that we need to respect Libera's wishes.

Thanks

Andy
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you so much, Yorkie! I wasn't able to record the livestream due to audio conflicts with my computer and trying to figure out how to do it just a few minutes before the show.

Those who were unable to catch the livestream owe you a big thank you. :D
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Well done Yorkie! Thank you for posting these videos here.
"with a down derry, derry down down"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Sorry all but I have had a request to remove the broadcasts and I will respect that request :(
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Hi are the videos available to watch in the UK Just getting!! Question answered.
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:21 pm">6 years ago</span> Sorry all but I have had a request to remove the broadcasts and I will respect that request :(
That's too bad. Thanks for posting them. It seems Libera won't tolerate any unauthorized videos.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:21 pm">6 years ago</span> Sorry all but I have had a request to remove the broadcasts and I will respect that request :(
That's why I'm intending to upload them after their US tour (hope it'll be fine to do so then ;) ), and man Libera staff is fast!
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:38 pm">6 years ago</span>
That's too bad. Thanks for posting them. It seems Libera won't tolerate any unauthorized videos.
Aren't there still a couple videos on Youtube from the services at Calvary Comm. Church? Perhaps they let those go because they weren't from a live stream, but merely recorded with a phone.
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:50 pm">6 years ago</span>
Aren't there still a couple videos on Youtube from the services at Calvary Comm. Church? Perhaps they let those go because they weren't from a live stream, but merely recorded with a phone.
SHHHHH!!!!!! :lol: Don't have them start looking!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:38 pm">6 years ago</span>
That's why I'm intending to upload them after their US tour (hope it'll be fine to do so then ;) ), and man Libera staff is fast!
Obviously, this is a live-stream done by that church in a public online setting, so it is not a secret that these broadcasts can and will be recorded. My initial reaction when I realized that Libera had requested removal was confusion. I did not understand why they would care so much about a seeming trifle like recording a public, live broadcast.

However, as a fan community who vigorously supports the group, we have a duty to respect their wishes in this regard and to not upload these videos now or in the future. All artists desire support, understanding, and respect from their fans. Failing to provide that may make them feel that fans do not truly value their work or respect them. Since we value their work very much here, we have to abide by their wishes simply to show them the respect and politeness that they are due.

Their request to remove has nothing to do with the US tour at all but probably with the fact that they do not wish to have videos over which they do not have exclusive control being out there representative of their music. The audio, on this particular live-stream, was good but the acoustics would certainly never be up to Libera's normal, demanding standards. Therefore, uploading this video after the tour would not be appropriate.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I totally agree with you Surpinto. A few years ago, before I'd have the opportunity to see a concert, I watched a few videos from services and thought it wasn't that good : obviously the records weren't amazing and the sound isn't the one you can expect during concerts with mics and sound-check... This could have convinced me not to go in the UK to see a concert, and what a mistake it would have been ! :) So I understand their choice.

Apart from that, can someone tell us what song they sang ? Maybe it has been said already but I couldn't find the information.

Thank you all for your reviews, it really matters to us !