A libera fan singing salve me

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Candid
Silver Member

A libera fan singing salve me

Post by Candid »

out of all time I spent itrying to get some encouragement by finding fans sing libera songs I discovered this today.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related

and... if the person singing in these videos is a member of this forum speak UP!!! yay, im so excited.
krishna mie
Silver Member

Post by krishna mie »

wow! he's also got a very powerful voice! right you there candid! i he is a member of this forum, i too would like to know!
if you want to know about virtue, look for a virtuous man!!!
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Post by illuminaperpetua »

he sounds like my lttle sister! :shock:
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

I know him!!.. he is my youtube friend
Check out his youtube---> http://www.youtube.com/user/PhotogenicKid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.youtube.com/user/CELEBFAN16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He is so cool!
Libera_me

umm

Post by Libera_me »

You have a nice voice, but not quite as good as libera
bar
Silver Member

Post by bar »

It's funny that there are so few people singing Libera, especially on YouTube. I've seen a few here and there, but that's it.

The 2 sisters are really good. I like the one where they sang in the cathedral.

There's also this user on YouTube. Here's his rendition of You Were There:

[youtube][/youtube]

It's very pretty! I can't tell if it's a boy or girl though, because in some parts he goes quite high, and some parts quite low - lower than a girl. I went to the French Libera forum, and some think it's like, a boy in his mid-teens? He's also sung Far Away and Sanctus, and the voice goes really high in Sanctus. Hard to tell.

Any ideas? :P [/youtube]
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I'm not sure if a girl can sing that low. I know for sure I can't.haha. It sounds like a boy. The singer's name is Chase. Anyone know a girl named Chase? Also, his hobbies are: Football, eating, sleeping, not doing homework, Halo, Left4Dead, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, GTA San Andreas, NHL 2009.

Sounds more like a boy to me.hehe.

I think he did a great job with You Were There and Sanctus.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

bar
Silver Member

Post by bar »

carina_gino20 wrote:I'm not sure if a girl can sing that low. I know for sure I can't.haha. It sounds like a boy. The singer's name is Chase. Anyone know a girl named Chase? Also, his hobbies are: Football, eating, sleeping, not doing homework, Halo, Left4Dead, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, GTA San Andreas, NHL 2009.

Sounds more like a boy to me.hehe.

I think he did a great job with You Were There and Sanctus.

I think you're right. The "stay with me through the dark" parts in You Were There go quite low. Although I should point out that it seems like he really struggled hitting those low notes.

That being said though, his voice is pretty high here:

[youtube][/youtube]

Maybe he just has a good range? :wink:
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

I am friends with a girl my age group(18-21) and she can sing bass parts(in a bass voice not in an alto voice) but she can sing soprano 2 quite easily as well.

I do agree with carina and believe that this singer is a guy though lol.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

bar wrote:
I think you're right. The "stay with me through the dark" parts in You Were There go quite low. Although I should point out that it seems like he really struggled hitting those low notes.
Yeah. I noticed that. But maybe he still hasn't acquired those low notes yet. Still, I think his voice is too low for a normal girl. :P As for the high parts, they are high but boy trebles normally hit those so not really surprising.

His work is really very good.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Syafiqah

Post by Syafiqah »

I listened to the "You Were There fan cover" and I think he's definitely a boy. Unless SHE is a second alto with a wide voice range, then he's definitely a boy.
bar wrote:That being said though, his voice is pretty high here:
Oh and the Sanctus that he sang, is it just me or was it sang an octave lower than the original version? I remember singing to Sanctus and thinking that it's a difficult song to do 'cos it's very high.
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

Yeah I definitely think that it's a boy singing "You Were There" and "Sanctus". It's a little hard to tell on "Sanctus" at some parts, because of the sound mixing/editing software used (it is masking his true tone to some extent, in my opinion), but I feel the voice has the unique timbre and texture that boy trebles have, compared to girls.

Especially on "You Were There", it is evident that it is indeed a boy singing. It sounds like his voice is halfway between changed and unchanged, sort of like Josh's in "Time", but with less control than Josh had. Obviously it's not quite fair to compare the two because I think it sounds like Josh has had a lot more vocal training than the person singing the fan version, but it was great anyways! I am always in favor of people singing Libera songs!
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
bar
Silver Member

Post by bar »

Well, maybe I should message him on YouTube and ask. Although I think maybe I shouldn't because it seems sort of...rude? I guess maybe he wouldn't feel so comfortable with that. :roll:

Anyway, you're right, it is fantastic anyway. I'd say him and the 2 sisters are the best fan versions of Libera songs I've seen so far.

I prefer the boy's though, because he seems to sing all the parts and so it's like...fuller, somehow. That and 'cause you're right, there's just something about a boy's timbre that I prefer over girls singing in certain types of music.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

That Sanctus was really quite good. I definitely think it was a boy.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

The Far Away is definitely a bloke - no way is that a girl :shock:

I'd go with a younger lad doing the Sanctus as well, mainly based on the lower parts (but as mentioned the processing has added a rather strange quality - almost as if it was slowed down to make it sound deeper). Perhaps we need to introduce the fabled 'Pope' test on these mystery posters :shock:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love