Other Choirs, Singers, Musicians that you like

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Re: Other Choirs, Singers, Musicians that you like

Post by Luckdragon »

This is a chapel royal, though, so maybe they're allowed to wear the banned color... if it is the banned color.

In NYC, they just say "fuhgeddaboudit" and wear whatever colors they want.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:58 pm">1 year ago</span> This is a chapel royal, though, so maybe they're allowed to wear the banned color... if it is the banned color.

In NYC, they just say "fuhgeddaboudit" and wear whatever colors they want.
Yes, exactly. As a Royal Chapel (indeed the Monarch's personal choir) they are allowed to wear the scarlet colour that non-royal choirs are prohibited from wearing.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Tue May 09, 2023 12:02 am">11 months ago</span>
What a sound! Reminds me (almost) of that Russian Orthodox choir you happened upon at St Basil's Cathedral in Moscow while there for Libera. I remember the recording you posted.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

It's easy to forget about the other things Sam Coates is involved with outside of Libera. He definitely keeps busy.

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Speaking of good ol' Zadok, the Berliner boys gave a strong and spirited performance of it on Sunday, accompanied by some traditional instruments.

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue May 09, 2023 10:48 am">11 months ago</span> What a sound! Reminds me (almost) of that Russian Orthodox choir you happened upon at St Basil's Cathedral in Moscow while there for Libera. I remember the recording you posted.
What a memory! :shock:
After doing a little search I see that you are referring to this tweet of mine. The video was not mine though.

Thank you for reminding me that performance at St Basile. It was a unexpected pleasant surprise.
The Cathedral has two floors. You climb a narrow stairs and you fall on that place where the choir performs.
It looks to be a small room but in facts it's the larger one of the cathedral :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2023 1:28 am">11 months ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue May 09, 2023 10:48 am">11 months ago</span> What a sound! Reminds me (almost) of that Russian Orthodox choir you happened upon at St Basil's Cathedral in Moscow while there for Libera. I remember the recording you posted.
What a memory! :shock:
After doing a little search I see that you are referring to this tweet of mine. The video was not mine though.

Thank you for reminding me that performance at St Basile. It was a unexpected pleasant surprise.
The Cathedral has two floors. You climb a narrow stairs and you fall on that place where the choir performs.
It looks to be a small room but in facts it's the larger one of the cathedral :)
:D I remember it well because it was so unexpected! Has it really been 8 years already since then? WOW. Thank you for finding that tweet as I had remembered the video as being yours, obviously it wasn't so my memory isn't so great after all :lol:
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Leo, a Tolzer soloist, who is apparently only 7yo?!?! :o :shock: :!:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

WOW! Have we got an up and coming singing prodigy on our hands? :D

Thanks for sharing.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Not bad...

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Young music producer

Post by Luckdragon »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun May 21, 2023 6:17 am">11 months ago</span> If Sam Coates is reading this forum, I hope to hear an original composition from you on the next album. You've got to have at least one decent song in that brain somewhere.
I think I found him a production assistant who could help free up some time for this. He might be cheap since he's only 6 years old. OTOH, he has 1.3M followers so maybe not.

bachmahlerfan

Young music producer 2

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Thu May 25, 2023 3:21 pm">11 months ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun May 21, 2023 6:17 am">11 months ago</span> If Sam Coates is reading this forum, I hope to hear an original composition from you on the next album. You've got to have at least one decent song in that brain somewhere.
I think I found him a production assistant who could help free up some time for this. He might be cheap since he's only 6 years old. OTOH, he has 1.3M followers so maybe not.

Well, if he could just join Libera then that would solve the problem. Anyways, I hope Sam isn't working so much that it stifles his creativity.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Sunni Holden

Post by Luckdragon »

Aussie handpan player Sunni Holden published two singles as a 10-year-old...

Today, at the ripe old age of 11, he dropped his first album. Listen to the mesmerizing sound of the world's newest musical instrument and support Sunni at the same time. Available on all major digital music platforms.

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

So this instrument is similar to a steel drum? Learn something new everyday! :D