Other Choirs, Singers, Musicians that you like

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Yesterday I was on youtube listening to songs, and I stumbled upon this boy called Cody Simpson. I think his version of Jason Mraz's I'm Yours is pretty good. [youtube][/youtube]
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

The Soweto Gospel Choir

[youtube][/youtube]
:cry: :cry: This song is too beautiful :cry: :cry:
Dennis
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Another brilliant singer: Shaheen Jarfagoli - he was on Britains Got Talent this year and hes amazing!
His first audition:
[youtube][/youtube]

His semi final audition:
[youtube][/youtube]
Danie :D
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

I love Shaheen Jafargholi and Cody Simpson! I’d never heard of the Soweto Gospel Choir, but I’m definitely glad to know about them now. They’re amazing.

I don’t know if anyone here watches Glee, but I’m already a fan of 19-year-old Chris Colfer, who plays a flamboyant fashionista named Kurt Hummel. Colfer sings in soprano range with falsetto and told the show’s writer that his theatre teacher refused to let him sing “Defying Gravity” in high school because he was a boy and it was too “weird.” They wrote this performance into the show specifically for him to sing.

[youtube][/youtube]
yo-tiffa-gurt

Post by yo-tiffa-gurt »

OMIGOSH! thanks so much Flora!!! i love that! in the first place, i am in love with wicked (i can sing all the songs hehe) and this version of defying gravity is just brilliant! I immediately downloaded it onto my ipod after i saw your post! CHRIS COLFER'S VOICE IS ahhhhmmmmaaazzzing! thank you thank you thank you thank you! :D :D :D
dance like no one is watching,
sing like no one is listening,
and live life to the fullest.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Flora wrote:I love Shaheen Jafargholi and Cody Simpson! I’d never heard of the Soweto Gospel Choir, but I’m definitely glad to know about them now. They’re amazing.

I don’t know if anyone here watches Glee, but I’m already a fan of 19-year-old Chris Colfer, who plays a flamboyant fashionista named Kurt Hummel. Colfer sings in soprano range with falsetto and told the show’s writer that his theatre teacher refused to let him sing “Defying Gravity” in high school because he was a boy and it was too “weird.” They wrote this performance into the show specifically for him to sing.

[youtube][/youtube]
I am a total Gleek! :wink: Its addictive. It is a really, really great show!
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

libera36 wrote:
Flora wrote:I love Shaheen Jafargholi and Cody Simpson! I’d never heard of the Soweto Gospel Choir, but I’m definitely glad to know about them now. They’re amazing.

[youtube][/youtube]
I am a total Gleek! :wink: Its addictive. It is a really, really great show!
Wow I had my doubts when I saw the video, but I gave it a listen and I am happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I don't think it was fair of his theatre teacher to refuse to let him sing the song in high school just because they thought it was too "weird"--I mean, if his voice sounds like that, it sounds like that. And it sounds good.

So is he a countertenor, like Andreas Scholl? Or is he more like a male sopranist? Whatever classification, Chris's voice is very unique and has a good tone, smooth and flexible and natural sounding.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

yo-tiffa-gurt wrote:OMIGOSH! thanks so much Flora!!! i love that! in the first place, i am in love with wicked (i can sing all the songs hehe) and this version of defying gravity is just brilliant! I immediately downloaded it onto my ipod after i saw your post! CHRIS COLFER'S VOICE IS ahhhhmmmmaaazzzing! thank you thank you thank you thank you! :D :D :D
Aah!! Thanks for the reply; I’m so happy (and relieved) that you liked it! I was worried that I was going to annoy Wicked fans by posting a cover, but I really love the new dimension Chris adds to “Defying Gravity” as a character, and as a person. I don’t know if you watch Glee, but Kristin Chenoweth, a.k.a. Broadway’s best Glinda EVER, recently guest-starred and moved me to tears with just about everything she sang.
libera36 wrote:I am a total Gleek! :wink: Its addictive. It is a really, really great show!
Isn’t it awesome? It’s so much over-the-top crazy musical fun! I can’t stop watching it!
plumpuff6 wrote:Wow I had my doubts when I saw the video, but I gave it a listen and I am happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I don't think it was fair of his theatre teacher to refuse to let him sing the song in high school just because they thought it was too "weird"--I mean, if his voice sounds like that, it sounds like that. And it sounds good.

So is he a countertenor, like Andreas Scholl? Or is he more like a male sopranist? Whatever classification, Chris's voice is very unique and has a good tone, smooth and flexible and natural sounding.
I’m so thrilled that you gave it a shot, thank you for doing that! I wasn’t sure either when I heard he was going to be singing this song, but I ended up absolutely loving his version. And I agree. I hope that teacher of his blushed a little when (s)he heard Chris on national television.

Yeah, he’s a countertenor. I’m excited to hear more from him on the show. They chopped out his high F in this version, but he hit it earlier in the episode. It made my heart swell, haha.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

plumpuff6 wrote: So is he a countertenor, like Andreas Scholl? Or is he more like a male sopranist? Whatever classification, Chris's voice is very unique and has a good tone, smooth and flexible and natural sounding.
I'm 99% sure he is a countertenor, because his voice has a distinctly "male" tone. A male soprano sounds almost exactly like a female soprano! Don't quote me on this though! :wink:
aaden

Post by aaden »

what is this glee show? a happy show i presume....i don't know if i get that channel...but for all i know it could be on rite now im not up to date on my tv watching
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

aaden wrote:what is this glee show? a happy show i presume....i don't know if i get that channel...but for all i know it could be on rite now im not up to date on my tv watching
Haha, you asked the perfect question.

[youtube][/youtube]

It's a musical comedy/drama about the socially-challenged members of a high school show choir. It's only in its first season now, and it's not without its flaws, but it's definitely fun to watch--the cast is very talented!

It comes on here on the Fox channel, but I'm not sure where/if it airs elsewhere.
aaden

Post by aaden »

that looks really funny!
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

It's totally funny, and it has a lot of heart! The latest episode made me cry a little.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Flora wrote:It's totally funny, and it has a lot of heart! The latest episode made me cry a little.
Same here. :wink: It was very touching! I can't wait to see what they come up with in this weeks episode!
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

libera36 wrote:Same here. :wink: It was very touching! I can't wait to see what they come up with in this weeks episode!
Haha, you too? ♥ I'm glad I'm not the only one! New episode tonight; I hope it's good!