Other Choirs, Singers, Musicians that you like

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Thanks for the intro, Flora! I really like the Glee songs! Too bad I don't get to watch the episodes in my country. US shows takes ages to broadcast here, probably 6 months later on subscription tv. Argh!
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

xsakurax wrote:Thanks for the intro, Flora! I really like the Glee songs! Too bad I don't get to watch the episodes in my country. US shows takes ages to broadcast here, probably 6 months later on subscription tv. Argh!
Not to sound like I'm advertising or anything but you can watch full episodes of Glee at hulu.com
Dennis
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

whitetail1985 wrote:
xsakurax wrote:Thanks for the intro, Flora! I really like the Glee songs! Too bad I don't get to watch the episodes in my country. US shows takes ages to broadcast here, probably 6 months later on subscription tv. Argh!
Not to sound like I'm advertising or anything but you can watch full episodes of Glee at hulu.com
Thanks for introducing me to hulu, but at this point in time, the streaming is only available in the US. Thanks anyway. :)
libera36

Post by libera36 »

xsakurax wrote:
whitetail1985 wrote:
Thanks for introducing me to hulu, but at this point in time, the streaming is only available in the US. Thanks anyway. :)
Try this website: http://ch131.com/ Its not great quality, but it does have all the episodes, as opposed to just the last five!
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Libera36, thanks for the intro! I'll gonna try it out next next week when I'm done with school! :) Right now, taking a short break before continuing my endless struggle with school work! Argh, I can't wait till I graduate..
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

Since no Christmas CD from Libera but the Vienna Boys Choir has released a Christmas album this year. I downloaded it yesterday and it is pretty good. :D
Dennis
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

If you guys don't already have it, might I recommend the Choirboys Christmas album. It is incredible. http://www.thechoirboys.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paopao

Post by paopao »

tcliffy wrote:If you guys don't already have it, might I recommend the Choirboys Christmas album. It is incredible. http://www.thechoirboys.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Haven't listened to it yet, but the 2005 self-titled album is nice. I love their rendition of Pie Jesu and The Lord Bless You and Keep You. Some of the 'pop tracks' are also very well done..
DrewE
Silver Member

Post by DrewE »

paopao wrote:
tcliffy wrote:If you guys don't already have it, might I recommend the Choirboys Christmas album. It is incredible. http://www.thechoirboys.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Haven't listened to it yet, but the 2005 self-titled album is nice. I love their rendition of Pie Jesu and The Lord Bless You and Keep You. Some of the 'pop tracks' are also very well done..
I have both, and my personal opinion is that the original album is a bit better than the christmas one. I think the main reason for me is that there's a broader variety of styles and arrangements on it; the carols album is very polished and well-done, but to my ears it all starts to sound a touch monotonous after awhile.

(It's worth noting that the two albums have two different trios of boys. All six young men are immensely talented.)

My top recommendation for a boy's choir Christmas album is the American Boychoir's album "Carol," on the traditional side of things certainly but superbly recorded and produced. This includes a fine recording of Holst's fantasia "Christmas Day," a wonderfully fun piece.

There is, of course, also the Angel Voices III album recorded by a certain St. Phillip's Boys Choir, and it's pretty good, too. :)
JayEm

Post by JayEm »

[youtube][/youtube]

This is Dionizy Placzkowski of the Polish Nightingales. Have anyone else here heard of them? Dionizy (Dennis) has one of the best treble voices I have ever heard. Let me know what you think.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JayEm wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

This is Dionizy Placzkowski of the Polish Nightingales. Have anyone else here heard of them? Dionizy (Dennis) has one of the best treble voices I have ever heard. Let me know what you think.
He certainly has a good voice and quite strong for his age but........perhaps I'm biased towards the English Cathedral Choir sound too much.....I really don't like the vibrato. That's why I like the treble over the female soprano. All that warbling sends me diving for cover.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

Yorkie wrote:
JayEm wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

He certainly has a good voice and quite strong for his age but........perhaps I'm biased towards the English Cathedral Choir sound too much.....I really don't like the vibrato. That's why I like the treble over the female soprano. All that warbling sends me diving for cover.
Ha ha, Yorkie, I have to agree with your comment about female sopranos and vibrato, even if I myself am a female soprano--although I do not have a vibrato! My family always asks me why I like to listen to treble singers over female sopranos, and I always say it's because I like their voice quality so much better: clear and so pure and usually without the vibrato that so many sopranos seem to have. I wonder why they do?
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

I'm a huge fan of Andrew Swait. I have a couple of his solo CDs and have been trying to get my hands on his latest one/last one as a treble. He has quite possibly the *perfect* treble voice. I highly recommend picking up Light of the World from itunes. It's by The Abbey School Choir, which unfortunately closed before the end of Andrew's "career". He was 10 when he sang for that CD and it's absolutely amazing.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Jenn wrote:I'm a huge fan of Andrew Swait. I have a couple of his solo CDs and have been trying to get my hands on his latest one/last one as a treble. He has quite possibly the *perfect* treble voice. I highly recommend picking up Light of the World from itunes. It's by The Abbey School Choir, which unfortunately closed before the end of Andrew's "career". He was 10 when he sang for that CD and it's absolutely amazing.
Hi Jenn, I think I will pick up that Light of the World CD - a few people have said it is great. I was slightly put off after buying the CD he did with a counter-tenor, that was awful to my ears. It wasn't Andrew Swait, it was more the choice of songs and the fact that it is just plain wrong for a man to sing that high :?

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Jenn wrote:I'm a huge fan of Andrew Swait. I have a couple of his solo CDs and have been trying to get my hands on his latest one/last one as a treble. He has quite possibly the *perfect* treble voice. I highly recommend picking up Light of the World from itunes. It's by The Abbey School Choir, which unfortunately closed before the end of Andrew's "career". He was 10 when he sang for that CD and it's absolutely amazing.
Got it in the post today - just about to take my first listen :D

Mercy & Love