Other Choirs, Singers, Musicians that you like

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

I found this kid 2 days ago. He's not a bad singer but his showmanship is amazing. You can tell he enjoys what he does.

He's from Belarus.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... annel_page
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

^I'm sorry but I've become addicted to his music; it's just different.
He has free mp3s on his website. If it weren't for google translator Id have been lost. He also won the junior euro vision contest in 2007.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Just found a new choir today, and I'm absolutely enchanted. Its a Norweigen choir called Nidarosdomens Guttekor. The audio on the YouTube videos I found isn't great, but its enough :wink:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

A Christian Celtic rock band called Ceili Rain. Go to ceilirain.com to find out about them. One of the few Christian rock bands that actually is a rock band. They have a song from their 1st cd called Peace Has Broken Out and it would be a great song for the boys as well. Especially done with traditional Irish instruments as Ceili Rain uses along with their guitars and drums.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

Ok so I just heard of this group and I am absolutely amazed. There called the Drakensberg Boys choir and WOW!!!! The boy in the beginning has such an amazing voice. But I think the best thing about this group is that it looks to me that everyone is :D SMILING :D and having so much fun, at least during this performance. You guys have to check them out if you havn't already

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

^ is this really the first you've heard of them? Well, I'm glad you found them. I love them too.

I was introduced to this singer (forgive me if he's been posted here already)
His name's Jordan Jansen
libera36

Post by libera36 »

tcliffy wrote:^ is this really the first you've heard of them? Well, I'm glad you found them. I love them too.

His name's Jordan Jansen
I love Jordan's "Hallelujah"!!! Also, Jordan entered a contest a little while back and if he wins, he will receive quite a large sum of money. :shock: He has been going back and forth from being 1st and 2nd! Here is the website to vote:

http://www.soundcheck.com.au/showEntry.do?entryId=1590
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

yes, please vote for him.

You can also vote more than once, just on different days.
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

I'm sure most of you know of him Justin Bieber?

He was really good here " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But then he got noticed by Usher :( and now this is him " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; don't get me wrong he's still a great singer but his new style of music makes me mad when you see what he started out as
Dennis
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

whitetail1985 wrote:I'm sure most of you know of him Justin Bieber?

He was really good here " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But then he got noticed by Usher :( and now this is him " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; don't get me wrong he's still a great singer but his new style of music makes me mad when you see what he started out as
Thanks Dennis, I hadn't heard of this kid before so checked out a couple of his songs on YT. If I am being honest (and I am :D ) I thought his vocals were quite weak and he seems to be more of a marketing acheivement than anything else but that's only my opinion.
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

xsakurax wrote:Hey, Narnian, do you kind of still have the link or something? Of the video you saw on youtube that you mentioned earlier?
... and here we go...
Billy Gilman "Oklahoma" " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and Billy with a little girl "What a wonderful world" - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I've been listening to a lot of Billy Gilman's songs recently, and my current favorites are 'God's Alive and Well' and 'Elisabeth'!
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

libera36 wrote:
tcliffy wrote:^ is this really the first you've heard of them? Well, I'm glad you found them. I love them too.

His name's Jordan Jansen
I love Jordan's "Hallelujah"!!! Also, Jordan entered a contest a little while back and if he wins, he will receive quite a large sum of money. :shock: He has been going back and forth from being 1st and 2nd! Here is the website to vote:

http://www.soundcheck.com.au/showEntry.do?entryId=1590
Oh I just saw Jordan's "Hallelujah" video on Youtube today and was blown away! His love of singing really shines through his performance.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

It seems we have similar tastes in music beyond Libera!

I personally love Justin Bieber, If you listen to the song he wrote himself I think he sounds brilliant!

I do agree though that he has gone downhill since being signed with Usher - his acoustic versions of his songs are incredible but the actual released versions sound too fake!

I have listened to Jordan Jansen abit as well and Im not a huge fan - I think hes got great potential his voice is just abit whiney for me!

Billy Gilmans great as well - I love "Dream a Dream" with Charlotte Church:

And of course Declan Galbraith - hes the reason I first started liking male singers really! I love "The Last Unicorn", "An Angel" and "World" from his Thank You album, Its just a shame his voice changed so much when it broke!
Danie :D
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

danieb88 wrote: I have listened to Jordan Jansen abit as well and Im not a huge fan - I think hes got great potential his voice is just abit whiney for me!
Yes I think Jordan has great potential. He is fairly young though, and his voice will probably improve as he gets older and his tone will become less "whiny"--I had that impression on a few of his notes. Overall though I enjoyed his performance.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia