New album is called Hope

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

ste1701fan

Re: New album is called Hope

Post by ste1701fan »

Who sings Benedictus Deus the high solo part, as TDL is not mentioned on the new CD?
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 1:31 pm">7 years ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 12:50 pm">7 years ago</span> so that's my evening sorted
Be prepared that there is enough to drink, it might happen that half of the forum will show up at your home tonight. :wink: :mrgreen:
Yep, especially that we still have to wait more than a week for the European release. :wink:
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

ste1701fan wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 3:11 pm">7 years ago</span> Who sings Benedictus Deus the high solo part, as TDL is not mentioned on the new CD?
Isn't he? I thought he was...
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:19 am">7 years ago</span> Libera Records has unveilled the cover of the CD, the full list of the songs and the soloists names :)

http://libera-records.com/news/20170407release
  • 09. Benedictus Deus (from the movie "The Great Miracle")
    Composition: Mark Mckenzie
    Verse: Traditional
    Solo: Thomas Delgado-Little
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 1:31 pm">7 years ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 12:50 pm">7 years ago</span> so that's my evening sorted
Be prepared that there is enough to drink, it might happen that half of the forum will show up at your home tonight. :wink: :mrgreen:
all welcome :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I don't know if this has been posted earlier in the thread ( I hope not or it has been a huge waste of my time) but there is a list of all the boys who sing on the CD:

Marc Alvares
Shay Balsekar
Leo Barron
Nathaniel Bates
Fisher Emanuele Borrelli
Ciaran Bradbury-Hickey
Merlin Brouwer
Benedict Bywater
Gabriel Collins
Samuel-Francis Collins
Tadhg Fitzgerald
Alexander Gula
Adam Izgouti
Matthew Jansen
Luke Jelley
Peter Kielty
Timothy Lee
Isaac London
Gregor Lumsden
Alessandro McKinnon-Botti
Matthew Madine
James Menezes
Michael Menezes
Alexander Montoro
Mathias Montoro
Oliver Mycka
Cassius O'Connell-White
Arthur Palmer
Neo Parson
Taichi Shinokubo
Camden Stewart
Rocco Tesei
Romeo Tesei
Samuel Wiggin
Finn Wood
Lucas Wood

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

On my first listen & I've reached track 4, Stabat Mater. Oh yes, this is what we have waited for 😃 What a performance by Isaac & his voice is right at its peak. Stunning. Love it.

Mercy & Love
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 7:18 pm">7 years ago</span> On my first listen & I've reached track 4, Stabat Mater. Oh yes, this is what we have waited for 😃 What a performance by Isaac & his voice is right at its peak. Stunning. Love it.
That's great to hear. I'm looking forward to hearing Isaac's last hurrah as a soloist. Besides the fact that his voice is at its peak, is this solo unique from any previous solos he has done?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Three Ravens - wow. I mean WOW! This is nothing like Libera have ever done before & I love it. Gregor, what a voice.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 7:33 pm">7 years ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 7:18 pm">7 years ago</span> On my first listen & I've reached track 4, Stabat Mater. Oh yes, this is what we have waited for 😃 What a performance by Isaac & his voice is right at its peak. Stunning. Love it.
That's great to hear. I'm looking forward to hearing Isaac's last hurrah as a soloist. Besides the fact that his voice is at its peak, is this solo unique from any previous solos he has done?
No, but his voice has a maturity & richness. I also think it is a good song choice match for him, not quite as 'sweet' as some of the songs given to him previously.

Mercy & Love
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 7:40 pm">7 years ago</span> Three Ravens - wow. I mean WOW! This is nothing like Libera have ever done before & I love it. Gregor, what a voice.
Fantastic. I can't wait to get my copy. Still have to wait :( . I wonder, when it will be shipped by Invisible Hands.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

andmar wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 8:04 pm">7 years ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 7:40 pm">7 years ago</span> Three Ravens - wow. I mean WOW! This is nothing like Libera have ever done before & I love it. Gregor, what a voice.
Fantastic. I can't wait to get my copy. Still have to wait :( . I wonder, when it will be shipped by Invisible Hands.
This is nothing like Libera have ever recorded before. It has parts that remind me very distinctly of the album of folk songs sung by Christ Church Cathedral (We are the burning fire). Perhaps the nearest Libera record to it is Corpus Christi Carol from the first Christmas album.

Mercy & Love
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

I guess you were listening about 3 tracks ahead of me. An almost perfect CD - only changes I would have liked would have been Camden as soloist on Angel and TDL on Dreaming of Home but it would be churlish to quibble over such minor matters considering the magnificence of the collection as a whole. A nice mixture of sacred and secular and also "something completely different" - "Three Ravens" - beautifully delivered by Gregor. I hope there will be more like this. Other favourites were "Stabat Mater" - Isaac at his best; "Angele Dei" and "Benedictus" though no surprises there; "Venite Adoremus" Merlin on top form; and, surprising myself, "From a Distance" . Sam's arrangement is simply marvelous and transforms this song from the mundane to the sublime. I was never too enthusiastic about "Smile" but once again Sam Coates has worked wonders and together with the charming video has put the Nat King Cole version right out of my mind. Some have felt that "Salve Regina" is slow and boring but I found it very beautiful and peaceful. I was not familiar with it before. Perhaps for those who were very familiar with previous versions, it is like finding a movie disappointing when you enjoyed the book. Many thanks to RP and all involved with the production of this treasure.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 8:14 pm">7 years ago</span> This is nothing like Libera have ever recorded before. It has parts that remind me very distinctly of the album of folk songs sung by Christ Church Cathedral (We are the burning fire). Perhaps the nearest Libera record to it is Corpus Christi Carol from the first Christmas album.
Well, Three Ravens is an old folk ballad after all - as I've just found out. A music genre not often sung by Libera. But this is also something I like so much about Libera - they can take any song or a piece of music, every genre, every style and make out of it something that sounds brilliant and extraordinary.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I think Libera have produced some of there best ever tracks on this album.

Stand out mentions have to be Angele Dei , Benedictus Dues and Three ravens which is absolutely stunning. I can not explain how much I love the song.

Then Venite Adoremus and Stabat Mater which Merlin and Isaac are perfect on.

Other songs are all good especially Home which I will always adore but don't stand out as much as the others mentioned for me.

Only blip is Camden on I'm dreaming of Home. It's simply not as good as what Tom produced every time he sung it live. Tom showcases that on Benedictus what a vocal range he had.
Last edited by dani on Wed May 10, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Oooooh, Yorkie, John, dani and everyone who heard it already, you make me so fidgety or antsy or what do you say (I had to look this up in the dictionary) - I want the CD now!

I have waited for The Three Ravens so much from the very beginning, somehow I am attached to this song, and now that you all say it's brilliant, I feel like I just cannot wait any longer!!! So very much looking forward exactly to this song! :!:

And I'm terribly awaiting the other Robert-songs Stabat mater and Venite adoremus and I'm waiting like crazy for hearing Angele Dei again and ... and ... and ... I feel very lonely without the CD ...

:roll: :mrgreen: :!: :?: :?: :!: :roll: :wink: :roll: :( :) :D

... and nervous and excited and have I already mentioned how excited I am?

:?
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"