New album is called Hope

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

gingerthedog1

Re: New album is called Hope

Post by gingerthedog1 »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu May 04, 2017 12:46 pm">7 years ago</span> Coming back to Benedictus Deus once more:

Just like in Smile, there is one part where a boy's voice is added one octave deeper to Thomas's solo part. It is the repetition of the part while the choir is singing that very rhythmical "Gloria in excelsis deo" and Thomas and the other boy sing "Benedictus Jesus Christus" (1:41).

Does anyone of you have an idea whose voice it is? I don't know when it was recorded and who was in the choir at that time. The deeper voice really increases the effect.

I can't stop listening to this song, it captivates me!
Well, Tom's voice broke in 2015, so this song must have been recorded before then. In the song, the second boy seems to have a broken voice. So it is quite possible he is not in the choir any more. I would say it could be Matthew Jansen, Sam, or even Eoghan or Matthew RA. It's hard to tell, especially since we don't know when the song was recorded.

I will say the first boy who joins Tom towards the beginning of the song is probably Isaac. The tone is quite distinct in my opinion.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I always think that the soloist of the second or third voice definitely deserves to be mentioned on the CD covers and booklets as well as the first one! :!:

Thank you, gingerthedog, for trying to help. It's also fine for me to hear some names, because at the moment, I'm not able to say anything about a line-up around Thomas Delgado-Little at all. Hopefully, all the interesting information including the recording years will be given in the CD booklet.

:P By the way, where is the countdown for the CD? :mrgreen:
Yes, I'm excited - more excited - most excited! It was a fantastic concert and now the new CD right ahead. So much in so little time. :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Sample of "Salve Regina" released by Libera on Facebook and Twitter. Incredible! :D I can't wait to hear the whole thing! :D

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:27 am">7 years ago</span>
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 am">7 years ago</span> So if we want the DVD we have to order from Japan? Which vendor would be better for a customer in the US?
Yes, the DVD is an exclusive Japanese item and Fan de Lok, the ever tireless finder of information, earlier in the thread linked to several Japanese vendors offering the item. I agree with him that the CD Japan site is by far the most user friendly to US customers, allowing you to make your purchase using Paypal and in English.

Mine is on order from this vendor and is highly anticipated. :D
On the CD Japan site it states that the bonus DVD is region 2, so it will only work for Japan, Europe or a region free DVD player.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun May 07, 2017 11:28 pm">7 years ago</span> Sample of "Salve Regina" released by Libera on Facebook and Twitter. Incredible! :D I can't wait to hear the whole thing! :D

I'm also looking forward to hearing the rest of this one. I like what I heard from Rocco, but I won't comment further until I hear the entire piece. With May being the "month of Mary" in Catholic devotional practice, and the 100th anniversary of the Fatima apparitions coming on May 13th, this is quite a timely music video. On a side note, Schubert composed seven settings of the Salve Regina, so this arrangement of one of his piano impromptus might cause confusion. Frankly, his Salve Reginas are minor compositions that were mostly written before his compositional style reached maturity.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Mon May 08, 2017 4:25 am">7 years ago</span> On the CD Japan site it states that the bonus DVD is region 2, so it will only work for Japan, Europe or a region free DVD player.
You and I had this same concern when "Angel", with the bonus DVD, was released, but it turned out that it was region-free after all and no one had any issues. I doubt that this would change as they are likely using the same production method.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I received today an email from the site CDJAPAN, saying that my order has been shipped :D

I chose a cheap shipment, the delivery time is said to be 5-12 days.
Hopefully it will arrive this week :)
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon May 08, 2017 10:42 am">7 years ago</span> I received today an email from the site CDJAPAN, saying that my order has been shipped :D

Me too. Supposed to arrive in 1-4 days. I'll believe it when I see it.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

john45 wrote: <span title="Mon May 08, 2017 12:40 pm">7 years ago</span>
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon May 08, 2017 10:42 am">7 years ago</span> I received today an email from the site CDJAPAN, saying that my order has been shipped :D

Me too. Supposed to arrive in 1-4 days. I'll believe it when I see it.
Looks like it's on its way. If it travels East it might get here a day early!
Attachments
Screen shot 2017-05-08 at 4.47.04 PM.png
Screen shot 2017-05-08 at 4.47.04 PM.png (91.33 KiB) Viewed 1176 times
Screen shot 2017-05-08 at 4.47.04 PM.png
Screen shot 2017-05-08 at 4.47.04 PM.png (91.33 KiB) Viewed 1176 times
niels

Post by niels »

the new clip of smile :D :D :D :

john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

niels wrote: <span title="Mon May 08, 2017 9:34 pm">7 years ago</span> the new clip of smile :D :D :D :

Salve Regina is also up. Beautiful.

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

My CD arrived in France 30 minutes ago. Hopefully it will make it to me for when I get home tomorrow.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

The Top40 website has a press release regarding Libera's new album.
http://top40-charts.com/news/Classical/ ... 26835.html
The article refers to the song San Damiano as "haunting". I actually like the song, but I don't think the music is really haunting.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Tue May 09, 2017 4:36 pm">7 years ago</span> My CD arrived in France 30 minutes ago. Hopefully it will make it to me for when I get home tomorrow.
Email received to say it has been signed for by my neighbour so that's my evening sorted 😃
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 12:50 pm">7 years ago</span> so that's my evening sorted
Be prepared that there is enough to drink, it might happen that half of the forum will show up at your home tonight. :wink: :mrgreen:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"