libera concert and school

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

krishna mie
Silver Member

libera concert and school

Post by krishna mie »

i hope this is not off... but how do you think do the boys keep up witht he pressures of having concerts and going to school?

i mean, they're still children after all. i'm working and studying at the same time and it had been hard.

well, it must be an extra ordinary experience for them to keep them going like that.

i just hope they do not end up with some kids superstars. by the way, i really appreciate how the administrators and moderators keep the privacy of the boys here. i think that's important in letting them live such normal lives :wink: :D
if you want to know about virtue, look for a virtuous man!!!
Candid
Silver Member

Post by Candid »

Hehe, and they don't get paid. There are some amazing teens out there that manage a full work load like school, clubs, sports, volunteering, work, and friends yet they still get like a 4.0 g.p.a or even more if they take classes for college credit in high school. I wasn't able to do that and I still can't now that i'm in college but I admire them.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Somewhere around here, I made a post on this subject. As a former performing musician, I was very involved with music in school. When I was in 11th grade, I was in 6 different musical groups at the same time. It is possible to do all the juggling necessary to do all of that. Not much on free time but the end result, the performance, makes all the work worthwhile.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

It's seriously really hard.. These days it could get really competitive.. Even university places are not guaranteed. On top of getting good results, you have to do something extra so that it will look good on your testimonials. Argh. Now it's all about paper qualifications to get a good job. I really admire the Libera boys, all their effort could be seen in their positive attitude towards life.
krishna mie
Silver Member

Post by krishna mie »

TEB wrote:Somewhere around here, I made a post on this subject. As a former performing musician, I was very involved with music in school. When I was in 11th grade, I was in 6 different musical groups at the same time. It is possible to do all the juggling necessary to do all of that. Not much on free time but the end result, the performance, makes all the work worthwhile.
owww. so you sing, tom? that's great to hear.. are you still active in singing?
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

krishna mie wrote:
owww. so you sing, tom? that's great to hear.. are you still active in singing?

Actually, while I did sing a little bit, I was an instrumentalist. I played french horn. Not to many kids every take to french horn but I did. There were all of 4 of us when I was in high school. That kind of made us in demand for alot of things. The 6 different groups I mentioned from 11th grade were, Symphonic Winds, Orchestra, Jazz Band, Brass Quintet, Marching Band, and the Pit Orchestra which it the musical group for the musicals. I was in the pit orchestra for both Camelot and My Fair Lady. I also made the cut for for Dristict Band(once), County Band and County Orchestra(both 2 times). When I graduated high school, I had earned a Letter in Music.
Unfortunately, I do no play or perform anymore. But that does not stop my love of music and someday, when the money is present, I would like to buy a keyboard.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

krishna mie
Silver Member

Post by krishna mie »

wow, Tom!!! you are very talented in music! i wish i could hear you plating the french horn :D
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

krishna mie wrote:wow, Tom!!! you are very talented in music! i wish i could hear you plating the french horn :D

Thanks, but there are no recordings though. It has been so long since I picked up a french horn, I am not even sure if I remember all the fingerings.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American