three random facts about yourself

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

I did this before, so let me get 3 new ones out:

1) I am the Aquatics director at a camp during the summer, despite probably being the weakest swimmer of all the lifeguards.
2) I am on a Native American dance team (though I am not Native American).
3) I am learning to play the guitar and will be arranging music for 2-3 voices to sing around a campfire for the summer.
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I've done this before aswell, but I feel like doing it again! :P

1. If I could have one "secret skill" I would be able to do break/hip-hop/modern type dancing.
2. I'm addicted to green beans... my favorite vegetable! :lol:
3. I'm blonde, but I fortunately do not fit any of the "dumb blonde" sterotypes. When I do say something stupid though, I always blame it on my hair colour. :wink:
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

libera36 wrote:I've done this before aswell, but I feel like doing it again! :P

1. If I could have one "secret skill" I would be able to do break/hip-hop/modern type dancing.
3. I'm blonde, but I fortunately do not fit any of the "dumb blonde" sterotypes. When I do say something stupid though, I always blame it on my hair colour. :wink:

SMART BLONDE ALERT SMART BLONDE ALERT!!!

:lol: I love playing around like that but i know for a fact that ALOT of blonds do not fall under that stereotype and are actually very well schooled.
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

irishoreo wrote:

:lol: I love playing around like that but i know for a fact that ALOT of blonds do not fall under that stereotype and are actually very well schooled.
Before my hair fell out and what stayed turned brown with gray highlights, I was a blonde. I have a Letter in music and am known as the Grammer Police where I work. Plus, I read more books in a year than most people read in their lifetime.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

TEB wrote:
irishoreo wrote:

Before my hair fell out and what stayed turned brown with gray highlights, I was a blonde. I have a Letter in music and am known as the Grammer Police where I work. Plus, I read more books in a year than most people read in their lifetime.

Believe it or not, they're still doing Letters in music, I have one as well :-)
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

irishoreo wrote:
TEB wrote:
irishoreo wrote:

My Letter is proudly displayed on my living room wall along with my class tassle. For all who may wonder: Graduating class of 1977 from Cumberland Valley High School.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

libera36

Post by libera36 »

What is a "Letter"?? :?
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

TEB wrote:
irishoreo wrote:
TEB wrote:

My Letter is proudly displayed on my living room wall along with my class tassle. For all who may wonder: Graduating class of 1977 from Cumberland Valley High School.
:shock: Lakewood High School...Graduating class of 2007....Tom, you and I graduated exactly(almost) 30 years apart >.>....and My letter is currently on my Band Varsity Jacket...

@Libera36 A letter is the initials of your High school made out of felt(mine was not sure about Tom's) and we can sew these letters onto what is called "Letterman" jackets which are jackets that Sports Teams(or in my case marching band) wear after winning championships....Usually only the seniors get the letters, but I got my letter in Sophmore year.
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

My Letter is felt as well and says Band on the side to show what it was for. Irishoreo is correct that not everyone gets them. You really do have to earn them. I worked my butt off to get it. I was in just about every musical group, with the exception of choir, that I could possibily be in and keep my other grades up as well.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

TEB wrote:My Letter is felt as well and says Band on the side to show what it was for. Irishoreo is correct that not everyone gets them. You really do have to earn them. I worked my butt off to get it. I was in just about every musical group, with the exception of choir, that I could possibily be in and keep my other grades up as well.
Tom when it comes to music you and I are so alike!

So that would be...Concert Band/Symphonic, Wind Ensemble, Jazz/Stage Band, Pit Orchestra, Orchestra, Marching Band, Pep Band, Chamber Orchestra......at least thats what I had....plus I have to add Mixed Choir, Mens Choir, Select Choir and Chamber Choir, and Musicals(other than pit orchestra), while on top of that being #17 in my class ranking....
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

1 ) I play piano and recorder
2 ) I sing really high and can hit a Top E
3 ) Most of the time I act older than I really am, according to most people. (I'm only 13)

:D