three random facts about yourself

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I guess most countries have more varied temperatures during different season.. How I wish I get to experience winter! It sounds really fun, together with snow fights!
one problem living cloe to the sea is sea gulls Evil or Very Mad they learnt or eaten times at school so ever time it was lunch time they hounded our playground and pooped alot lol. glad i left school now. Very Happy
Got to say though, being far from the ocean doesn't keep the seagulls away. There is a small flock of them that roost in the parking lot near where I work and if the trash dumpster is not kept closed, they are in it in a heartbeat.
Hmm.. Guess what! I have never seen a sea gull yet?!? I think.. Haha.. That's how lack of nature my country is.. Pathetic, isn't it?
Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

xsakurax wrote:I guess most countries have more varied temperatures during different season.. How I wish I get to experience winter! It sounds really fun, together with snow fights!
I wish I could give you my winter to experience :!: I hate winter and would love to never see another snow flake or day under 60 F again :evil: I work outside year round and yesterday it was minus 20 F with the wind chill. The wind had gusts up to 40mph. :evil: Today we had 5 inches of snow so far and a nice 2hr commute home from work. Ahhhhg I hate it :shock: Come on Spring!!!!!!
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Plato
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I work outside year round and yesterday it was minus 20 F with the wind chill. The wind had gusts up to 40mph. Evil or Very Mad Today we had 5 inches of snow so far and a nice 2hr commute home from work. Ahhhhg I hate it Shocked Come on Spring!!!!!!
Well.. That's sounds terrible! That's like madness! Minus 20F is wayyy colddd! Goodness!
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

sounds like you need to come to Florida Digs. You can join the rest of the "snow birds" as we call them. I too do not like the cold a whole lot and prefer nice cool weather that's neither hot nor cold and humidity is non-existent.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
email

Post by email »

Well then Digs, at least you can have white christmas right?? :wink:
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I'd LOVE a white Christmas.... To my knowledge I have never actually seen one.... Except for maybe the year we spent Christmas with family, farther north, but I don't remember that!! Actually, a couple years ago, New Years Day had excellent shorts and t-shirt weather.... :cry:
Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

tcliffy wrote:sounds like you need to come to Florida Digs. You can join the rest of the "snow birds" as we call them. I too do not like the cold a whole lot and prefer nice cool weather that's neither hot nor cold and humidity is non-existent.

Ive been to Florida several times, both in summer and winter and I love it.Yes Sir, Digs would be happy being a full time snow bird :D. Its just that all my family and my job are here in Illinois. Really hot humid weather is not my favorite either, but I would much rather sweat that freeze. Oh well only 3 more months till spring :D :D :D
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Plato
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

tcliffy wrote:
krishna mie wrote:
tcliffy wrote:
3.) I am a second degree black belt and a national champion in Poom'se and Sparring
whoaw!!! your a black-belter??? that sound tough.
Yes and it was a long, hard road. However, I have just been invited to learn XMA from an expert. If you don't know what XMA is, check out this video... I'm soooooooooooo excited.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
XMA, thats awesome i used to do some of that! can i ask who it was that invited you to take part?
Danie :D
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

A young lady who is associated with ATA or American Taekwondo Association. Unfortunately they are affiliated with a completely different style of taekwondo than I am.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
krishna mie
Silver Member

Post by krishna mie »

xsakurax wrote:Hey, I have never seen real snow too! Or the ocean! Really! We don't really have so much "nature" stuff in my country.. The closest I have seen is artificial snow from Snow City (a place where people could play with snow, learn skiing and snowboarding but the snow is man-made, so yeah.. you get the rough idea?) or maybe the beach.. which i call them "seas", but not too big to actually call them an ocean..

There's only summer here, so basically the temperatures all around the same every day, between 25 degrees to maybe 32 degrees? Is it considered hot? I'm not too sure if compared to your countries, but I'm always complaining of the hot and humid weather.. Haha..
this got me thinking as well... hmmm. well, i havo not seen snow as well and only saw the ocean atop from a plane...
if you want to know about virtue, look for a virtuous man!!!
Libera_me

snow and salt water

Post by Libera_me »

There is a lot of snow here! In one week, we got 6in(18cm i think) of snow! And although where i live is landlocked, I've visited the Ocean before. I even waded out to a sandbar once! It was scary! I Love the snow! Except for when i'm waiting for the bus in the morning. I've never NOT had a white christmas!
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

Here's 3 random facts about myself:

I play a bunch of music instruments; used to play trombone and tuba in high school, but now i'm in 2 symphonies playing the violin.

I like to compose music for the orchestra though often i come across the composer block in the middle of the piece.

Though i'm not deeply religious yet, i'm Christian and my new year resolution is to embrace deeper into God's love and intention.
Attende Domini et miserere
Quia peccavimus tibi
Attendite et miserere Domine
kjackson83

Re: snow and salt water

Post by kjackson83 »

Libera_me wrote: I've never NOT had a white christmas!
I'm insanely envious!
Elendil wrote:Though i'm not deeply religious yet, i'm Christian and my new year resolution is to embrace deeper into God's love and intention.
I certainly want to wish you the very best on your journey...my own spiritual existence ebbs and flows, but I am strongly attached to the Episcopalian (American Anglican) Church, and have found it a source of great comfort at many times...

SO...three random facts, eh? Well, everybody knows I like Libera (and the BBC :P Kara!)...

1. I LOVE Altoids (which may or may not actually be English)...I might be clinically addicted.

2. I've shifted programmes just slightly at university, and am now studying Canadian history alongside colonial/imperial Britain and early United States.

3. I sing Rule Britannia in my car, much to the amusement of the people in the other lanes during my morning commute.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

ok even i dont know the words of rule britania kelsie lol .... well maybe i shall find the lyrics
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Re: snow and salt water

Post by Jude Andrew »

kjackson83 wrote:3. I sing Rule Britannia in my car, much to the amusement of the people in the other lanes during my morning commute.
:lol: :lol:

You are without doubt the biggest Anglophile living today :wink: !!