Libera Members Time Line

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Liberation
Silver Member

Re: Libera Members Time Line

Post by Liberation »

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:38 pm">4 years ago</span> I'm trying to identify the year that Daren Geraghty joined the group.
The forums seem to indicate 1992/3 when he started singing solos and so was named on albums like Angels (1993).

However, I have a sneaking suspicion he started singing a few years earlier in 1990.

This is the cover of 'New Day', the Angels album released in 1990. I've arrowed one of the boys that's sitting to the left of Robert Chee-a-Tow in the group photo, and remastered the photo to get this.

Robert was probably 10 or 11 there and this boy looks a fair bit younger, maybe 7 or 8? The years fit and there's an 18 months difference in the two photos above.
Also, the progression of younger members is quite clear into 1993. I've matched them all up, and the only other boy it could be is a younger Luke Avery who has a completely different haircut.
So this is either Daren, or a boy who appeared in the photoshoot then left Angel Voices fairly quickly afterwards.
I do think that is Daren. But it is known that Daren started with the Angel voices in early 1990
He would have been 9 years then.
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

Liberation wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:42 pm">4 years ago</span>
Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:38 pm">4 years ago</span> I'm trying to identify the year that Daren Geraghty joined the group.
The forums seem to indicate 1992/3 when he started singing solos and so was named on albums like Angels (1993).

However, I have a sneaking suspicion he started singing a few years earlier in 1990.

This is the cover of 'New Day', the Angels album released in 1990. I've arrowed one of the boys that's sitting to the left of Robert Chee-a-Tow in the group photo, and remastered the photo to get this.

Robert was probably 10 or 11 there and this boy looks a fair bit younger, maybe 7 or 8? The years fit and there's an 18 months difference in the two photos above.
Also, the progression of younger members is quite clear into 1993. I've matched them all up, and the only other boy it could be is a younger Luke Avery who has a completely different haircut.
So this is either Daren, or a boy who appeared in the photoshoot then left Angel Voices fairly quickly afterwards.
I do think that is Daren. But it is known that Daren started with the Angel voices in early 1990
Thanks for your confirmation Liberation.
Perhaps you know some site I am not aware of where you found that information? It would be very helpful if I had that address.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:44 pm">4 years ago</span>
Liberation wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:42 pm">4 years ago</span>

Thanks for your confirmation Liberation.
Perhaps you know some site I am not aware of where you found that information? It would be very helpful if I had that address.
Most sites are not there anymore. Maybe you know or heard about the site " The boy choir soloist " ?
It had a lot of reliable information on it but unfortunately it does not exist anymore.
I kept a lot of information from sites like that.
Last edited by Liberation on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:49 am">4 years ago</span> Quick Quiz : who's this boy who's quite literally been hiding in the shadows for 19 years, poor thing?! He's pretty well known.

Can't identify him! Any hints? Where did this photo come from?
The Furby

Post by The Furby »

George Tarlton, maybe?
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

The Furby wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:57 am">4 years ago</span> George Tarlton, maybe?
Well done The Furby. Yes it’s George Tarlton, from the video ‘Vespera’, 2001.
He’s only seen in the shadows for a split second but it’s nice to see a photo of him that probably hasn’t been seen much before.
There are possibly two other faces in that video that I don’t know and can’t recognise yet. I’ll post them shortly.
Last edited by Dinedorelle on Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Furby

Post by The Furby »

The chin gave him away :wink:

Thanks for noticing him! I tried to identify the boys in this video but I missed a number of them it seems.
http://libera-passion.exprimetoi.net/t1 ... bera#27985

What's the correct spelling though ? 'Tarlton' or 'Tarleton'?
Some news of him, he's now a seasoned guitarist: https://www.stogumberfestival.com/jiva- ... e-tarleton
There are 2 different spellings in the article and in the url...
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

The Furby wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:19 am">4 years ago</span> The chin gave him away :wink:

Thanks for noticing him! I tried to identify the boys in this video but I missed a number of them it seems.
http://libera-passion.exprimetoi.net/t1 ... bera#27985

What's the correct spelling though ? 'Tarlton' or 'Tarleton'?
Some news of him, he's now a seasoned guitarist: https://www.stogumberfestival.com/jiva- ... e-tarleton
There are 2 different spellings in the article and in the url...
I think I have to sway towards TARLTON, as there's also a Facebook page that deals with his guitar playing, and he's the one that seems to be writing the posts.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/HousdenTarlton/posts/
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:14 pm">4 years ago</span>
Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:32 am">4 years ago</span> bamboo That was a pretty spectacular find!
You sent me on a roller coaster though....... you said 2004 in your post.
I looked at his picture and thought - that's definitely him - but not 3 years after the Luminosa picture surely? He had stubble. Impossible!
I checked the post on FB, and it said 2014. Phew :roll:

That's not all though, because if you go a bit deeper into his public profile, Ron, Andy and Clive Winter are mentioned, as well as Ian Tilley (who apparently lives outside the UK now), Chris Turner, Anthony Chadney and Simon Lewis.
This is going to take some decent looking into.

That was a classic find bamboo. Great work :D
Btw, I agree entirely with The Furby, in saying that it's him, Matthew Winter.
Oops my bad! Yep, I looked into Andy, Clive, Ian, Chris and Anthony. But most of them don't have their friend list and most of their photos public, so tis hard to find out what they really looked like when they were younger. I managed to find Joe Platt & Joe Sanders-Wilde too. Joe Sanders-Wilde facial features are recognizable but Joe Platt doesn't have any photos visible to public :( So the Matthew Horsewood-Joe Platt saga can't end yet!
Sure looks like him.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

[quote=Amie_Hill
Oops my bad! Yep, I looked into Andy, Clive, Ian, Chris and Anthony. But most of them don't have their friend list and most of their photos public, so tis hard to find out what they really looked like when they were younger. I managed to find Joe Platt & Joe Sanders-Wilde too. Joe Sanders-Wilde facial features are recognizable but Joe Platt doesn't have any photos visible to public :( So the Matthew Horsewood-Joe Platt saga can't end yet!
[/quote]

A few posts back I posted some pictures of Joseph Platt. Here they are again
Attachments
jp_grand_3.jpg
jp_grand_3.jpg (11.95 KiB) Viewed 10124 times
jp_grand_3.jpg
jp_grand_3.jpg (11.95 KiB) Viewed 10124 times
jp_grand_1.jpg
jp_grand_1.jpg (11.07 KiB) Viewed 10124 times
jp_grand_1.jpg
jp_grand_1.jpg (11.07 KiB) Viewed 10124 times
joeplatt1.jpg
joeplatt1.jpg (54.28 KiB) Viewed 10124 times
joeplatt1.jpg
joeplatt1.jpg (54.28 KiB) Viewed 10124 times
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

Here are two more of Joseph Platt
Attachments
jp_grand_2.jpg
jp_grand_2.jpg (22.06 KiB) Viewed 10147 times
jp_grand_2.jpg
jp_grand_2.jpg (22.06 KiB) Viewed 10147 times
joeplatt.jpg
joeplatt.jpg (10.52 KiB) Viewed 10147 times
joeplatt.jpg
joeplatt.jpg (10.52 KiB) Viewed 10147 times
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

And here's one of George Tarlton
Attachments
G.Tarlton.jpg
G.Tarlton.jpg (6.15 KiB) Viewed 10145 times
G.Tarlton.jpg
G.Tarlton.jpg (6.15 KiB) Viewed 10145 times
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

Maybe we should just have a quick recap of everything discussed above, as well as the Luminosa CD sleeve from another post, to see what we've discovered so far?

1 : RENAMING LUMINOSA SLEEVE 2001 - different versions existed. Result : Sam Coates, Matthew Winter and Matthew Horsewood were named correctly.

2 : NAME AND DATES FOUND FOR MATTHEW WINTER - After Ben Crawley identified Matthew, we attempted to go backwards to recognise him in older videos. Result : Identity confirmed, year started 1997 and was not seen after 2001.

3 : NAME AND DATES FOUND FOR MATTHEW HORSEWOOD - Confusion over the naming in the Luminosa sleeve from various sources, led to his recognition from a later photo posted on Facebook. Result : Identity confirmed, year started/left, 2001.

4 : RENAMING OF PROFUNDIS PUBLICITY SHOT - Confusion over original naming. Result : Boys named and confirmed as : Richard (surname unknown) / Daren Geraghty / Gary Francis. Sitting : Liam O'Kane

5 : RENAMING OF 1999 PUBLICITY SHOT - Confusion over original naming. Result :Boys named and confirmed.

6 : STARTING YEAR FOR DAREN GERAGHTY - Result : appears on the album cover 'New day' 1990, years confirmed as 1990-1997

All this information including images of all the boys (available to date) between 1987 and 2006 can be referenced here :
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:24 pm">4 years ago</span> 2 : NAME AND DATES FOUND FOR MATTHEW WINTER - After Ben Crawley identified Matthew, we attempted to go backwards to recognise him in older videos. Result : Identity confirmed, year started 1997 and was not seen after 2001.
Thanks for the summary dinedorelle! I believe Matthew Winter appeared at the St John's Concert in 2002 and was mentioned in the credits for Aled's album in 2002. So 2002 was probably his last year.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:19 am">4 years ago</span>
Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:24 pm">4 years ago</span> 2 : NAME AND DATES FOUND FOR MATTHEW WINTER - After Ben Crawley identified Matthew, we attempted to go backwards to recognise him in older videos. Result : Identity confirmed, year started 1997 and was not seen after 2001.
Thanks for the summary dinedorelle! I believe Matthew Winter appeared at the St John's Concert in 2002 and was mentioned in the credits for Aled's album in 2002. So 2002 was probably his last year.
That's probably the same case for Matthew Horsewood, he's also listed on Aled's album in 2002. But it could have been recorded in 2001...