Libera Members Time Line

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Re: Libera Members Time Line

Post by Dinedorelle »

Wolf wrote: <span title="Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:36 pm">3 years ago</span> Oh boy, I had a feeling that might turn out to be the case, no easy solution after all! Very similar facial features indeed.

I am hesitant to say any more after such a critical blow to my reputation :wink: though the Early 1992 picture I'd still peg as Gary Francis due to the distinct hair parting.

Interestingly, having watched the video I'm more convinced that the existing 1993 "Gary Francis" is the imposter... such a difference a still can make.
The post above from Bamboo had me searching through some of the 1992 videos to find the answer, but whilst doing so, I thought I'd have a good look at the their faces again with fresh eyes and try and spot who we think is Gary Francis and the Unknown Boy, together in a video.
Very interestingly, I can't spot the two boys together anywhere (in any video)!
But this 'Unknown' boy is in almost all of them.....

As Gary Francis was a regular member from 1992-6, what are the chances that he missed every one of those video shoots?
This doesn't bode at all well for them being different people. In fact, personally I have to conclude (on the proviso that they aren't appearing together in 1993 videos) that they are all images of Gary Francis, which is basically what you said! Your tattered reputation has been fully restored :lol:
Is this how we see it now?

Does anyone else see it like this?
Last edited by Dinedorelle on Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:15 pm">3 years ago</span>
bamboo wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:00 am">3 years ago</span>
Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:36 pm">3 years ago</span> Great, thanks for that James.
I've added you into the Timeline now between the dates 1989 - 1995 where we're delighted to include you. You're right alongside Daren Geraghty, as it seems you were in Angel Voices at the same time.
Here's a resumé of your insertion :

and here :

If you think we've put you in the wrong place, please let us know.
Unfortunately we only have 2 out the 8 images of you over the years you were singing, so maybe you know of other videos where you appeared, where we could get some screenshots to complete your Timeline in more detail?
Where's the pic in 25DQ taken from? Is it from some video?
Bamboo, it's taken from one of Titchmarsh's videos, For the Beauty of the Earth,
The boy in question who is below, is at 1:00/3:04

Sorry I got the wrong cell! This should be the one I was asking about. The one with James Smith in it. Is it also from Titchmarsh's videos?
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

For this picture, someone left me a comment on my Libera boys database: "the boy with curly hair near Daren is named Robert, his name is mentioned twice by Thora Hird in Thora on the straigth narrow".

I don't see any curly boys near Daren, anyone has any idea? Also, I have no idea what this Robert's full name is. The only Robert we know so far is Robert Chee-A-Tow right?
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:08 am">3 years ago</span>
Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:15 pm">3 years ago</span>
bamboo wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:00 am">3 years ago</span>

Where's the pic in 25DQ taken from? Is it from some video?
Bamboo, it's taken from one of Titchmarsh's videos, For the Beauty of the Earth,
The boy in question who is below, is at 1:00/3:04

Sorry I got the wrong cell! This should be the one I was asking about. The one with James Smith in it. Is it also from Titchmarsh's videos?
Yes the image has been cleaned up a bit, but is from the video The Furby found recently. It's here:

Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:21 am">3 years ago</span> For this picture, someone left me a comment on my Libera boys database: "the boy with curly hair near Daren is named Robert, his name is mentioned twice by Thora Hird in Thora on the straigth narrow".

I don't see any curly boys near Daren, anyone has any idea? Also, I have no idea what this Robert's full name is. The only Robert we know so far is Robert Chee-A-Tow right?
I suppose I should have looked at the Thora Hird videos before answering you. I dont ever recall her saying Robert once, let alone twice, but I'll certainly check that out and get back to you.

Daren, pictured below is in a sea of straight-haired boys, except the boy directly to his right (as we look at it)!
It looks like he's got 'curly' hair. In any case, no one else fits that description on that album cover.

This boy was with Angel Voices from 1992 until 1995 and we don't know his name. Here are all the images we have of him.

It would be great to add another old member, but I'd be highly sceptical of someone just offering up a random name without any solid proof.
Who was the person who left the message? Can you contact them back or reply to their message to get something more concrete? Like the link for the video?
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:58 pm">3 years ago</span>
Wolf wrote: <span title="Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:36 pm">3 years ago</span> Oh boy, I had a feeling that might turn out to be the case, no easy solution after all! Very similar facial features indeed.

I am hesitant to say any more after such a critical blow to my reputation :wink: though the Early 1992 picture I'd still peg as Gary Francis due to the distinct hair parting.

Interestingly, having watched the video I'm more convinced that the existing 1993 "Gary Francis" is the imposter... such a difference a still can make.
The post above from Bamboo had me searching through some of the 1992 videos to find the answer, but whilst doing so, I thought I'd have a good look at the their faces again with fresh eyes and try and spot who we think is Gary Francis and the Unknown Boy, together in a video.
Very interestingly, I can't spot the two boys together anywhere (in any video)!
But this 'Unknown' boy is in almost all of them.....

As Gary Francis was a regular member from 1992-6, what are the chances that he missed every one of those video shoots?
This doesn't bode at all well for them being different people. In fact, personally I have to conclude (on the proviso that they aren't appearing together in 1993 videos) that they are all images of Gary Francis, which is basically what you said! Your tattered reputation has been fully restored :lol:
Is this how we see it now?

Does anyone else see it like this?
I just found the proof that the boy in the large image above is GARY FRANCIS.
During one of the Thora Hird videos, she is seen passing a thermos flask to him and saying "give us a hand with that, will you Gary please?"
You can see it here:
Last edited by Dinedorelle on Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:24 pm">3 years ago</span>
bamboo wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:21 am">3 years ago</span> For this picture, someone left me a comment on my Libera boys database: "the boy with curly hair near Daren is named Robert, his name is mentioned twice by Thora Hird in Thora on the straigth narrow".

I suppose I should have looked at the Thora Hird videos before answering you. I dont ever recall her saying Robert once, let alone twice, but I'll certainly check that out and get back to you.

Daren, pictured below is in a sea of straight-haired boys, except the boy directly to his right (as we look at it)!
It looks like he's got 'curly' hair. In any case, no one else fits that description on that album cover.

This boy was with Angel Voices from 1992 until 1995 and we don't know his name. Here are all the images we have of him.

It would be great to add another old member, but I'd be highly sceptical of someone just offering up a random name without any solid proof.
Who was the person who left the message? Can you contact them back or reply to their message to get something more concrete? Like the link for the video?
OK - the verdict is in! :D
In the 4th of 4 of Thora's videos, there are two very short dialogues between Thora and the so-called 'Robert'.
They are here:
and

Bamboo, no need to ask your mystery person, as Thora clearly says Robert on those two occasions.
Thanks for the heads-up on that one. We dont know his surname, but the christian name will do!

So thanks to Bamboo, and a bit of extra detective work and we have another partly named member (with proof).

ROBERT *****

Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

It seems such a long time since we had something to be happy about in this ever-changing Covid situation.
The great news and the following realisation of the recent live concert at St. John's Smith Square in London, surely helped many of us core Libera fans to celebrate just a little in the fact that things are still going strong with them!

Although I tend to concentrate on the historical members of the choir, I still like to keep up to date with the current touring group and the 'newbies'. So I'll quickly jump to the modern day for this post.

Those who have already downloaded the programme from the concert will be aware of the line-up of boys who were due to sing. We'll all be lucky enough to view the concert on-line on December 9th at 20h on the link here https://www.sjss.org.uk/libera

I've altered the Timeline with all the full names of the 'newbies' that sang in June's on-line concert, and in this last concert of 2020.
Edit : We only knew of a Joseph, so he must be either Joseph HILL or Joseph MYCROFT.
There's another brother combination too it seems - THOMAS, younger brother of Frederick Mushrafi. I've added his picture below - I'm guessing the image I have is of him, as he's very similar in looks to his brother.

JOSEPH HILL or JOSEPH MYCROFT

THOMAS MUSHRAFI

For those who are interested in viewing each of the 2020 new boys' names, the link to this information is here :
Last edited by Dinedorelle on Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Furby

Post by The Furby »

Thanks for the update Dinedorelle :)

What about Joseph Mycroft though ?
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

The Furby wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:22 pm">3 years ago</span> Thanks for the update Dinedorelle :)

What about Joseph Mycroft though ?
I remember looking through the list of newbies and thinking 'what are the chances of there being another Joseph in that bunch of 8?'
I looked and seriously didnt see it! I think one sherry too many this evening! :shock:
Will alter the post of course.... thanks for checking.
The Furby

Post by The Furby »

haha I actually thought the same before we had the boys list, I was quite sure we'd be able to identify him (another Joseph ? No chance!). The mystery goes on :)
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

The Furby wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:51 am">3 years ago</span> haha I actually thought the same before we had the boys list, I was quite sure we'd be able to identify him (another Joseph ? No chance!). The mystery goes on :)
Having just watched the St John's Smith Square concert online, there's a faint possibility we may have a lead as to the true identity of the other Joseph.
Koji and Frederick talk to the audience before they all sing 'If', and F. introduces Joseph as the youngest MiniBoy at 7 years old.
Joseph lifts his arm and waves to the audience, but the cameras dont zoom in on him. However, just before, when Koji is speaking, Joseph can be seen standing in front of the pillar looking a little nervous before he is introduced. The image isn't that clear, but I think I can tidy it up enough to see if it's the same Joseph that is holding his little sister in a video from June this year.
If it's not him, we have the image of the second Joseph.
Last edited by Dinedorelle on Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

I was wondering whether anyone thought there could be a link between Hal and Luke Avery?

Luke was in Angel Voices definitely for 1992-93 and possibly a little before.
On the downloadable program for the SJSS concert I noticed that Luke Avery was the lighting technician for the evening performances.

Is it too much of a coincidence that he is part of the recent Libera team, and there's a boy with the same surname that is the right age to be his son?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:37 am">3 years ago</span> I was wondering whether anyone thought there could be a link between Hal and Luke Avery?

Luke was in Angel Voices definitely for 1992-93 and possibly a little before.
On the downloadable program for the SJSS concert I noticed that Luke Avery was the lighting technician for the evening performances.

Is it too much of a coincidence that he is part of the recent Libera team, and there's a boy with the same surname that is the right age to be his son?
Well, I can tell you for a fact that Luke is not his father. Beyond that I can't really say anything, because I don't want to post personal information about him.
Last edited by bachmahlerfan on Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

Thanks bachmahlerfan.
In the course of compiling the Timeline there are so very often dead-ends 😐