Libera Members Time Line

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Liberation
Silver Member

Re: Libera Members Time Line

Post by Liberation »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:22 am">4 years ago</span> According to one source that would be Daren Geraghty. He looks like an older Daren but there's further no telling of Daren
being with Libera / Angel Voices in 2001 which is the year of that video.
Definitely not Daren. This boy also appears in the 1998 "Jubilate Deo" video.
I also don't think it's Daren but it was one source who mentioned it, I do have recent foto's of Daren and it is not him indeed.
What about Gary Francis ? I think it could be him. I took a look at the interview and video clip of "De Profundis"
Here's the link
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Dinedorelle & Liberation, According to Wikipedia, Robert Prizeman was born in 1952. Assuming that he started at age seven (though possibly earlier or later), his tenure with the group as a treble singer would be from around 1959 to maybe as late as 1965. It's extremely probable that he joined the men's section of the choir before assuming the directorship in 1970.
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

Thanks so much to Amie_Hill and Liberation for their valuable input, and taking the time to search their own records.
I'll be sure to add all those extra names to the member database as an update.

If anyone has better, clearer images of any of the earlier boys 1987-97, I'd be more than happy to insert them into the photograph page of this sheet. 1994 seemed to be a year where no albums or videos were released, so tying the boys faces from 1993 to 1995 is pretty complicated!

Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

The Time Line is starting to take shape, but I've hit a hurdle that I'd like some help with.

There's a series of publicity shots taken for the October 2001 'Luminosa' album, that appear on several Libera blogs/forums. It's the internal sleeve apparently.
In the two versions I've seen on different forums, every boy is named on each, but a few of their names don't match.

The boys that I've ticked in green are definitely well-known and their names are the same in each of the two versions, but the boys marked A, B & C have differing names according to which version is seen.

Can anyone confirm 100% the names of boys A, B or C?

Having worked with the faces over several weeks, I'd say 'boy A' is definitely a 13 y/o Sam Coates.

Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:10 pm">4 years ago</span> The Time Line is starting to take shape, but I've hit a hurdle that I'd like some help with.

There's a series of publicity shots taken for the October 2001 'Luminosa' album, that appear on several Libera blogs/forums. It's the internal sleeve apparently.
In the two versions I've seen on different forums, every boy is named on each, but a few of their names don't match.

The boys that I've ticked in green are definitely well-known and their names are the same in each of the two versions, but the boys marked A, B & C have differing names according to which version is seen.

Can anyone confirm 100% the names of boys A, B or C?

Having worked with the faces over several weeks, I'd say 'boy A' is definitely a 13 y/o Sam Coates.

Here is the listing (Libera Passion) of the singers who performed on the LUMINOSA CD: Simon Beston (as an adult singer), Anthony Chadney, Sam Coates, Ben Crawley, Steven Geraghty, Alisdair Gordon, Matthew Horsewood, Simon Lewis, Raoul Neumann, Robert Ogilvie, Joe Platt, Chris Robson, Joseph Sanders-Wilde, Jake Shortall, George Tarlton.

Boy C was identified on Libera Passion as Matthew Horsewood. I'd agree that Boy A could be Sam Coates. Boy B: Simon Lewis?
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:06 pm">4 years ago</span>
Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:10 pm">4 years ago</span> Image
Here is the listing (Libera Passion) of the singers who performed on the LUMINOSA CD: Simon Beston (as an adult singer), Anthony Chadney, Sam Coates, Ben Crawley, Steven Geraghty, Alisdair Gordon, Matthew Horsewood, Simon Lewis, Raoul Neumann, Robert Ogilvie, Joe Platt, Chris Robson, Joseph Sanders-Wilde, Jake Shortall, George Tarlton.

Boy C was identified on Libera Passion as Matthew Horsewood. I'd agree that Boy A could be Sam Coates. Boy B: Simon Lewis?
According to Lauren (on http://mini-angels.blogspot.com/2011/01 ... sents.html), here are the boys names:

"Back row: Raoul Neumann, George Tarlton (love the hat!), Sam Coates, Robert Ogilvie, Steven Geraghty, Alasdair Gordon, Simon Lewis, Matthew Winter and Michael Gray.

In front: Joseph Sanders-Wilde, Joseph Platt, Ben Crawley and Christopher Robson."

However, given the names of the boys found in the Luminosa CD, Anthony Chadney, Matthew Horsewood & Jake Shortall are missing from Lauren's list and in place of these 3 boys she included Matthew Winter, Michael Gray and Joseph Platt. I'm guessing Jake Shortall should replace Joseph Platt in Lauren's list? Then Matthew Horsewood replaces Michael Gray. But the guy listed as Matthew Winter in Lauren's list sure doesn't look like Anthony Chadney though... There's also the possibility that this photo does not represent all those who participated in making the Luminosa CD...
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

Thanks to those who have tried to solve this riddle. It seems even the real experts amongst you are having some difficulty in recognising their faces too!
It's very much like one of those Logic Problems I used to buy, except the clues we're offered aren't always true!

So, this is how I see it :

I suppose we must assume that the boys listed as singing on the album 'Luminosa' are the ones photographed in the photoshoot.
15 boys are named on the album, and there are only 13 in the photo.
We can omit Simon Beston, as he plainly isn't there, which then leaves one boy listed as singing, but not appearing in the photoshoot.

This is the list as it shows on the album according to https://liberaboyschoir.home.blog/2019/ ... nosa-2001/
I have put bars through the boys that we all agree on, including Boy A (who we now agree is Sam Coates).

Steven Geraghty, Ben Crawley, Sam Coates, Anthony Chadney, Joe Platt, Simon Beston, Alistair Gordon, Matthew Horsewood, Simon Lewis, Raoul Neumann, Robert Ogilvie, Chris Robson, Joe Sanders-Wilde, Jake Shortall and George Tarlton.

This leaves Anthony Chadney, Matthew Horsewood and Jake Shortall, of which 2 must be in the photo, and one is missing.

Let's introduce another photo from this photoshoot where the boys are in different positions. Thanks to Amie_Hill for this shot.
Boys B and C have now moved positions, but can be recognised by what they're wearing, and by elimination.

Boy B : Two years before in 1999 this boy was photographed and named in several forums; the 2 photos below are 2 years apart and show more than a passing resemblance, so I think we can assume it's one and the same person, Matthew Horsewood. Photo A is flipped horizontally.

Image Image

Boy C : This leaves Jake Shortall or Anthony Chadney.
A photo exists of Anthony in 2001 (the same year as the photoshoot) which is below and taken from a video. He looks a bit older than Boy C in our photo and the hairstyle is different too. The fringe is much less dense and a bit 'wispy', so I think we must eliminate him.

Image Image

But I think the thing that sways the choice for me is not the photo taken of Jake a year later in 2002 (middle photo below), but a later photo of him taken in 2006, which really does look like an older version of Boy C in our picture.

Image Image Image

So, this is my choice for a definitive list of the boys on the Luminosa 2001 sleeve from the photo above on this Post :

From Left to Right : Steven Geraghty, Joe Sanders-Wilde, Matthew Horsewood, Sam Coates, Raoul Neumann, George Tarlton, Ben Crawley, Robert Ogilvie, Jake Shortall, Alistair Gordon, Chris Robson, Simon Lewis, Joe Platt.
Anthony Chadney is missing from the shoot.

Naturally I'm happy for others to pick through my theory - perhaps I've made a mistake, or taken information from other Libera sources that may have been incorrect.
Last edited by Dinedorelle on Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

I have put a reaction on the original topic about the Luminosa album foto. I posted the answer there some time ago but made a mistake by splitting the rowes to early with names on the standing row and the sitting row.
But here is the foto again with the names and some other foto's from the same time.
Attachments
libera-03-2001.jpg
libera-03-2001.jpg (20.06 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
libera-03-2001.jpg
libera-03-2001.jpg (20.06 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
groupe_grand_8.jpg
groupe_grand_8.jpg (88.86 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
groupe_grand_8.jpg
groupe_grand_8.jpg (88.86 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
luminosa - kopie.jpg
luminosa - kopie.jpg (45.96 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
luminosa - kopie.jpg
luminosa - kopie.jpg (45.96 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
Last edited by Liberation on Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

Another foto from the same time. One with the names in it and one without;
Attachments
liberafoto.jpg
liberafoto.jpg (24.45 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
liberafoto.jpg
liberafoto.jpg (24.45 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
liberafoto - kopie.jpg
liberafoto - kopie.jpg (28.14 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
liberafoto - kopie.jpg
liberafoto - kopie.jpg (28.14 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

And again another foto from the same time. One with the names in it and one without;
Attachments
page07b.jpg
page07b.jpg (22.34 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
page07b.jpg
page07b.jpg (22.34 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
page07b - kopiegroot.jpg
page07b - kopiegroot.jpg (62.21 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
page07b - kopiegroot.jpg
page07b - kopiegroot.jpg (62.21 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

Here are 3 small pictures of the same shoot. It's all I have about this foto shoot session.
libera-02.jpg
libera-02.jpg (22.11 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
libera-02.jpg
libera-02.jpg (22.11 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
libera-04.jpg
libera-04.jpg (13.63 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
libera-04.jpg
libera-04.jpg (13.63 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
libera-05-2001.jpg
libera-05-2001.jpg (16.64 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
libera-05-2001.jpg
libera-05-2001.jpg (16.64 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

found one more :D
Attachments
libera-01-2001.jpg
libera-01-2001.jpg (20.88 KiB) Viewed 11609 times
libera-01-2001.jpg
libera-01-2001.jpg (20.88 KiB) Viewed 11609 times
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Great analysis Dinedorelle - the photos you showed sure do look like Matthew and Jake. Thanks for the photos Liberation! Just curious, where did you get those photos from? Did they come with the Luminosa CD as well?
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

Liberation wrote: <span title="Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:40 am">4 years ago</span> Another foto from the same time. One with the names in it and one without;

Thanks for this clearer version Liberation. These are really helpful to try and recognise faces.
The boy you name Joe Platt (not sure whether it's you personally who names him?) is where some of the confusion comes from I think.
On Amie_Hill's site, he's named as Matthew Horsewood in the same photo http://liberatimeline.blogspot.com
I personally think it's a young Joe Platt from around 1999/2000, and probably the first photo of him with the group.

However the two boys you name as Anthony Chadney and Chris Robson I think should be swapped around.
Amie_Hill also names them as I would have, the boy on the left Anthony, and the one on the right Chris.