Name five musical pieces which you would like Robert

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Name five musical pieces which you would like Robert

Post by Yorkie »

Molyfar wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:33 pm">3 years ago</span> Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - Any Dream Will Do
The contemporary version of The Lord's My Shepherd - By Stuart Townend
Oliver the Musical - Where is Love
Oliver the Musical - I'd Do Anything
Les Misérables the Musical - Do you Hear the People Sing
Well, in their pre Libera days they did 'Close Every Door To Me' so I guess we couldn't ever rule out something else from Joseph. The songs you've chosen from Oliver! aren't my personal favourites and I'm thinking that unfortunately they would have to remain a distant dream. Les Mis, hmmmh possibly too populist do you think?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Off the top of my head I can't remember Libera ever performing show tunes. I suppose "Close Every Door to Me" could be considered an exception but I believe that was done as St. Phillips Choir for a show with a religious theme, so special circumstances.
Molyfar

Post by Molyfar »

The contemporary version of The Lord's My Shepherd - By Stuart Townend is not from a show though :-D

I know Libera have done the traditional version of this hymn.
The old codger :-D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Although it may well suit some South Central or West churches in the US, the Stuart Townend version is not exactly my cup of tea.

Should Libera to perform 'The Lord is my Shepherd' in concert, which sounds unlikely to me, then I'll hope for something more classic, as the Howard Goodall version for example.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I think the Howard Goodall version would be more suitable for Libera.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:13 pm">3 years ago</span> Although it may well suit some South Central or West churches in the US, the Stuart Townend version is not exactly my cup of tea.

Should Libera to perform 'The Lord is my Shepherd' in concert, which sounds unlikely to me, then I'll hope for something more classic, as the Howard Goodall version for example.
I'm with you on this one, the Goodall version is more to my liking than the Hillsong stuff

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:33 am">3 years ago</span> I think the Howard Goodall version would be more suitable for Libera.
I've always liked the Choirboys version of this:

Mercy & Love
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

The first few are John Rutter masterpieces. I’ve long thought that Mr Prizeman would do brilliantly at arranging both the current Libera members and a generous number of Alumni to sing these pieces.

All Bells in Paradise
This is the Day
The Lord Bless You and Keep You
Look at the World

Lastly, a absolutely gorgeous piece called Blinded By Your Grace:

It’s been 6 long years since we had a DVD concert to watch, when we had the pleasure of seeing some Libera Alum don the white robes for a final time (for Sam Leggett it marked 12 years from first to last time).
I can’t be the only fan that would love to see the likes of Isaac L, Ciaran BH, Alessandro MB, Lucas W, Sam W etc collaborating more often, like they did quite a bit prior to 2015.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:07 pm">3 years ago</span> The first few are John Rutter masterpieces. I’ve long thought that Mr Prizeman would do brilliantly at arranging both the current Libera members and a generous number of Alumni to sing these pieces.

All Bells in Paradise
This is the Day
The Lord Bless You and Keep You
Look at the World

Lastly, a absolutely gorgeous piece called Blinded By Your Grace:

It’s been 6 long years since we had a DVD concert to watch, when we had the pleasure of seeing some Libera Alum don the white robes for a final time (for Sam Leggett it marked 12 years from first to last time).
I can’t be the only fan that would love to see the likes of Isaac L, Ciaran BH, Alessandro MB, Lucas W, Sam W etc collaborating more often, like they did quite a bit prior to 2015.
Welcome to Libera Dreams! Some of those Rutter pieces have been done with great success by other choirs so it would interesting to hear Libera's unique take on them. Another video recording (in 4k on Blu-ray ;)) would be amazing but who knows when that will be able to happen, let alone where. I think it would be a good "come back" activity for the choir to take on once covid is over and they feel adequately prepared.