Boychoir - Official Trailer

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Boychoir - Official Trailer

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Tried and test format in some ways, some comments comparing it to Les Choristes - but impressive cast Dustin Hoffman, Kathy Bates and Eddie Izzard. Release date April 23rd...

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Boychoir - Official Trailer

Post by TullyBascombe »

Gee all those people are way too old for a boy choir.

Yes, once again we're enlightened that if only we confront a person's penchant for quitting he or she will defiantly rally and prove that they're not a quitter.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Looks like one to miss.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

The main kid reminds me of Cassius a little bit (his appearance, in a way).

Not sure if it's very good but it's nice that they chose this as a topic for a major production with big names. Maybe some kid will see it and think: hey, that's also something a boy my age could do :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Was the last number they were singing "Zadok the Priest"? Kind of strange for an American choir.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Tried and test format in some ways, some comments comparing it to Les Choristes - but impressive cast Dustin Hoffman, Kathy Bates and Eddie Izzard. Release date April 23rd...

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
Watched this two weeks ago on a long flight. The characters and the storyline are pretty flat in the way they are written but the acting is really good, especially on the boy's part. He doesn't have many lines and most of what you get to know about him comes from other people. But he has this look about him that really makes you wonder what is going on inside him. So when he sings - and he has a beautiful voice - it carries a lot of expression. That, plus some wonderful scenes where the Dustin Hoffman character explains Tallis and concert singing to his pupils, makes for a worthwhile movie.
Also, you wouldn't get to hear a rap version of Zadok the Priest anywhere else!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I've seen this movie, and its not great :(
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

The release date was nearly a year ago yet it hasn't been widely distributed. It's not even on Netflix's list of videos yet to come.
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

I can not thank enough for this post!
See... I am quite clueless when it comes to that kind of music, and this post right here opened a whole new world of beautiful music. Got to say... the movie was exactly what I have expected to be, and I am not disappointed... the end though... nevermind.
I bought 2 CDs of the American boychoir, the OST one and "I hear America singing"
Unfortunately the song I was looking for was not in the CD even though it was on the movie and I could use little help find it... It's '"Queen Ann aria" please, please, PLEASE if anyone knows where can I buy this one let me know.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

danny-bulgaria wrote:I can not thank enough for this post!
See... I am quite clueless when it comes to that kind of music, and this post right here opened a whole new world of beautiful music. Got to say... the movie was exactly what I have expected to be, and I am not disappointed... the end though... nevermind.
I bought 2 CDs of the American boychoir, the OST one and "I hear America singing"
Unfortunately the song I was looking for was not in the CD even though it was on the movie and I could use little help find it... It's '"Queen Ann aria" please, please, PLEASE if anyone knows where can I buy this one let me know.
I'm not an expert on the American Boychoir, I've heard some of their stuff and it didn't do it for me. However, I can point you in the direction of a different choir...

Try track 1 on this CD:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Abbey-School-Ch ... tewkesbury

It's a rather excellent album from start to finish - there is a sample on this link so you can check if it is the one you are after:
http://www.allmusic.com/album/light-of ... 0000346554
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love