Wonderful World Preview

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Wonderful World Preview

Post by Surpinto »

LuxVenit wrote: Good point. I thought maybe they meant 16 instead of 15 though? It does seem odd that they'd word it "again later in 2015" unless they meant again in 2015 (as opposed to later in 2016). I'm probably overthinking, just like I usually do. :)
Hehehe I overthink things too. What you are saying would also make perfect sense. They are doing a major tour in the U.S. this Spring and it would be very unexpected for them to return to the same country unless there was something special; like the Washington DC filming that brought them back for a 2nd trip in 2014. I find it unlikely if only due to the visa and other travel costs are enormous for them to travel to the States. They have to pay special money for visas because they are an artistic group (as opposed to travel for business or vacation) and it's several hundred dollars per boy - which of course does not include airfare, accommodations, meals and other sundry costs of traveling with 30 odd boys and several adults. I have heard that these visa costs keep many performers in general out of the United States. Ouch!

Remember the rumor about another concert in the U.S. in 2014 that never happened? It was on some webpage by Warner Classics if memory serves. So who knows what it is this time.
LuxVenit wrote:I agree with you about how they probably won't make a lot of money on the singles, especially if people just rip them from YouTube after they've so nicely put it out there. I wasn't going to buy the single, but now that you've made me think about it that way I think I will. Every little bit helps, right?
Absolutely it does. Not just financially, though that is no small matter, but also Libera seeing that their songs are commercially viable and that may encourage them to do more cool projects like this. I never used to think in these terms either until some of my more musically inclined friends (unrelated to Libera) explained to me how much it means to artists to have that kind of support.

I'm playing my downloaded single right now :D
chris17

Post by chris17 »

For a few days the sample of the Wonderful World track from the live album was also available - now the whole album seems to be off the iTunes store, so I'm not sure what's up with that. But anyway, I listened to the sample, and I think it is a different recording - I don't think the single is exactly the same as the live version. I'll be watching for the album to come back up on iTunes so I can listen again and check, but anyway, that might be another reason to buy the single separately. :)

Regarding the video, it is indeed touching and sad, especially thinking that there are places in the world where this still occurs. But it's great that Libera is bringing awareness to it. I loved the song as well. It feels like there's a lot of depth in the harmonies, and, of course, Isaac is a fantastic soloist. I never even liked this song before now, but the harmonies make all the difference. :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

chris17 wrote: I don't think the single is exactly the same as the live version.
It's definitely not the same. You can tell that this is a studio recording as opposed to a live recording. I'm not an audio expert to give you the full difference, but you can hear the differences in the sound stage, the vocals and so forth. The studio recordings tend to have more "polish" than live recordings for obvious reasons.

I hope someone with more knowledge can clarify this further, but from what I understand, in a live recording, the goal is to capture the entire breadth and depth of what is happening on stage all at once from different angles and directions. Whereas in a studio recording the vocalists, especially a soloist, can be recorded separately and then everything can be mixed together using studio equipment to make it sound "just so."

I wasn't a big fan of this song before Libera performed it either, but they did such an awesome job I've listened multiple times just today!

I wonder why they took the album down from iTunes? :(
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

chris17 wrote: Regarding the video, it is indeed touching and sad, especially thinking that there are places in the world where this still occurs. But it's great that Libera is bringing awareness to it. I loved the song as well. It feels like there's a lot of depth in the harmonies, and, of course, Isaac is a fantastic soloist. I never even liked this song before now, but the harmonies make all the difference. :)
A funny thing though, the very day this video appeared there was an article on the BBC website about the police in India smashing a major child labor ring and liberating a large number of children. It's illegal to employ children under 14 in India now and the police are enforcing the law.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

I imagine this could have gone under "Chat", but it applies to this song's video.

Came across some stunning old photographs that have been restored/colorized, some showing lower income kids in various situations, and some right from London itself.

These are not only fascinating glimpses of life 100 years ago, but the historical backgrounds are an interesting read in themselves. 47 photos in all. Enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/restoringyourpa ... =3&theater

(hope that link works; if not, I'll try this one for the FB page itself, and it's the Dec. 24th entry)

=68.ARDAYPdc4oGH5vw_IYvW_gX9O2NKDaIdlQC39WsRTsieB2owq57H_J_kO90f3ofEd6l31Bp9_FZc0BrEK3TvzdJ2CWdX3mGorm2n7VYYNeY1D0mxfZ4zqckNL_SqlEmADSv1hnKyrIFjQ_0Y-lxnS9u9dbxVWbsLqvRAXP9H_2O0UIykqsbt73BwzK40zW8sBkGI2AwKGBzOi4rgCo5d-Epmf6WzDJd4vvA7otzViutFXxGAf2SRZuw9uJT9WRbUCO8-bbIFrdepk5YyPshQrRG0SMtWVFCTo5-V1n_QxQcJCu3Bluc3FIMeVByA9zZp2vaVixDaCzSGQKbIIPb4h9ObGBeZT8G_0wtWwsm2C6vFsg]Restoring Your Past FB page
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:09 am">4 years ago</span> I imagine this could have gone under "Chat", but it applies to this song's video.

Came across some stunning old photographs that have been restored/colorized, some showing lower income kids in various situations, and some right from London itself.

These are not only fascinating glimpses of life 100 years ago, but the historical backgrounds are an interesting read in themselves. 47 photos in all. Enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/restoringyourpa ... =3&theater

(hope that link works; if not, I'll try this one for the FB page itself, and it's the Dec. 24th entry)

=68.ARDAYPdc4oGH5vw_IYvW_gX9O2NKDaIdlQC39WsRTsieB2owq57H_J_kO90f3ofEd6l31Bp9_FZc0BrEK3TvzdJ2CWdX3mGorm2n7VYYNeY1D0mxfZ4zqckNL_SqlEmADSv1hnKyrIFjQ_0Y-lxnS9u9dbxVWbsLqvRAXP9H_2O0UIykqsbt73BwzK40zW8sBkGI2AwKGBzOi4rgCo5d-Epmf6WzDJd4vvA7otzViutFXxGAf2SRZuw9uJT9WRbUCO8-bbIFrdepk5YyPshQrRG0SMtWVFCTo5-V1n_QxQcJCu3Bluc3FIMeVByA9zZp2vaVixDaCzSGQKbIIPb4h9ObGBeZT8G_0wtWwsm2C6vFsg]Restoring Your Past FB page
What an excellent find! The photographs particularly remind us of the hardships of childhood in the not so distant past.