Help me find DVDs!!

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

katyafan
Silver Member

Help me find DVDs!!

Post by katyafan »

Hello all!

Besides my Libera DVDs (of course!), I have been building a DVD choral library for a couple of years. I have mainly focused on Bach, as you can see. I am interested in finding other DVDs, but I don't know where to go. I know the WSK and Tolzers have their own websites, and some DVDs are on various Amazon marketplaces. However, do you all have any that you recommend? Any kind of choral music, doesn't have to be boy choirs only. Any choral gems out there that you love, that I should have?

Edit: I have pictures of what I have, but they are too big to post. Here is a list:

Celtic Woman, Orla Fallon Christmas
Thomanerchor: Bach Mass in b minor
Thomanerchor: Matthews Passion
Harnoncourt and Tolzers: Weinachtsoratorium
Harnoncourt and Tolzers: Johannes Passion
"Die Thomaner" Documentary
WSK, Faudon "Silk Road"
Carols from Kings, BBC
Gregorian Chant: Hortus Musicus
Messiah: Choir of Kings College

Thank you all!!!

P.S. Has anyone ordered the Boni Pueri 2005 DVD? I am flummoxed by the website, and I know you have to email them to get the DVD, but alas, Czech is not a language I speak, and I don't want to insult them by ordering in English...
helenemomomo

Re: Help me find DVDs!!

Post by helenemomomo »

Hi there!
Thomanerchor has two DVDs of Bach Mass in b minor.
If you are interested in bach, Wiltener Saengerknaben released a dvd of Weihnachtsoratorium in 2012. You can buy it on their website.http://www.saengerknaben.com/shop/home/ ... v-248.html
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

Thank you very much Helenemomomo!! I love the Weinachtsoratorium!!!

:D :D :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

katyafan wrote:Hello all!

P.S. Has anyone ordered the Boni Pueri 2005 DVD? I am flummoxed by the website, and I know you have to email them to get the DVD, but alas, Czech is not a language I speak, and I don't want to insult them by ordering in English...
When I goggled "Boni Pueri I got their website in English. If you're using the website http://www.bonipueri.cz/web/en/news/whats-new there should be a bar at the bottom of the page that allows you to chose the language. Then navigate to Choir Archives and choose discography. That doesn't allow you to order the albums, but it does give the name of the company producing them.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Sorry, I just pick up CD's myself I think the only DVD I have is the Ave Verum by Choir St John's College, Cambridge.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love