Thomas Delgado-Little

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Mercurial909
Silver Member

Re: Thomas Delgado-Little

Post by Mercurial909 »

john45 wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:28 pm">3 years ago</span> For the record, Tom played Miles in the Glyndebourne tour production of TOTS in 2014; eight performances in all - none in London. Earlier that year he had played the young Paris in the English Touring Opera's production Tippet's "King Priam" at the Royal Opera House Linbury Theatre, but did not participate in the subsequent tour.
Yes you’re right. But it was only 2014.

Tom didn’t give up on singing after leaving Libera, though. He sang at his school - turns out once his voice broke he became a bass! Imagine that, I high treble to a bass.😳

I think Alex Montoro (Alum) and Alex Gula are also basses now.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Thomas Delgado-Little??

Post by TullyBascombe »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:46 pm">3 years ago</span> But you’re right, they never went to Ely in 2015, they went to Exeter instead and you can see Tom to the left on the stage not seeming terribly happy.
That video is a little blurry, when it was first posted I couldn't identify the chorister on the far left, but now I see that it was indeed TDL. It almost appears as if he was being shunned. I wonder if he distanced himself or was distanced? Still it's pointless to speculate and would serve no purpose.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Tom is about 4 places from the far left which is occupied by Gabriel. He (Tom) does look keen to leave the stage - probably needed a pee.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

So maybe Tom's leaving was not on a sour note? Either way it's not our place to know.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I seriously doubt Tom left on a sour note, as he attended several Libera concerts after he left...
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Well Tom certainly still had his gorgeous treble vocals in Japan 2015, as evidenced in this video (from 1:21) with his rendition of “Exultate”:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Discovered via the mystery of a Chinese website, Tom has an acting credit:

Thomas Delgado-Little

He makes a brief appearance singing a few lines of a song in what seems to be a badly rated 2019 film (3.3/10) but you have to start somewhere.

Don't know how long this will last as I got hit with a copyright strike:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I would never have recognised him :lol: I would like to hear more from him. He proved to have such a brilliant musicality, his soul and presence was pure music when he was in Libera. Almost like his body wasn't a body but just the instrument for the voice. I hope he still enjoys singing.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Thank you for sharing this clip, Yorkie, highly appreciated! A while ago I tried to spot Tom in the offical movie trailer but could not identify him. I would have loved to see him among the alumnis after he left Libera, but good to see he seems to be into music in some way!

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:32 pm">3 years ago</span> I would never have recognised him :lol: I would like to hear more from him. He proved to have such a brilliant musicality, his soul and presence was pure music when he was in Libera. Almost like his body wasn't a body but just the instrument for the voice. I hope he still enjoys singing.
Exactly my thoughts, thanks for saving my time to write them down :lol: :D
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

If you can imagine the character having blonde hair instead of brown he is recognizable as Thomas Delgado-Little. I'm guessing that they dyed his hair for the part.
Last edited by TullyBascombe on Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:40 am">3 years ago</span> I'm guessing that they died his hair for the part.
May it rest in peace.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

john45 wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:27 am">3 years ago</span>
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:40 am">3 years ago</span> I'm guessing that they died his hair for the part.
May it rest in peace.
Ah. My bad. Fixed.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:40 am">3 years ago</span> If you can imagine the character having blonde hair instead of brown he is recognizable as Thomas Delgado-Little. I'm guessing that they dyed his hair for the part.
No, Tom’s hair is actually that colour now. A lot of people born with fair hair end up brunette.
I have to say, Thomas has grown into a gorgeous young man, but was it ever in doubt?
I hope his singing isn’t judged on this cameo, because it doesn’t really showcase his talent at all.

I’m glad he never gave up singing after leaving Libera so prematurely. Apart from continuing to sing at his school, I read somewhere that he had also sung with the Dulwich Chamber Choir and the Allegri Singers.

He could hook up with his old pal Michael Ustynovych-Repa - who produces his own musical tracks (and is brilliant at it) - and maybe a couple of other Libera alum to form a multi talented group. A girl can dream... :)
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:35 am">3 years ago</span>
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:40 am">3 years ago</span> If you can imagine the character having blonde hair instead of brown he is recognizable as Thomas Delgado-Little. I'm guessing that they dyed his hair for the part.
No, Tom’s hair is actually that colour now. A lot of people born with fair hair end up brunette.
That's true, and his hair had begun to darken a bit when he left Libera at age 13.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Gold dust: Found a tiny little snippet of a clip of Tom DL performing as Miles in the Glyndebourne opera The Turn of the Screw.

Not sure if you can make out Tom’s voice but that is most definitely him in this snippet. Sadly it seems to be the only bit of footage there is for this 2014 run of the opera.
I do remember the glowing reviews of this opera and of Tom’s performance in it.

ť