Far Away studio version

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Far Away studio version

Post by dani »

You know the Michael Horncastle Far away studio version was that version of Far away ever released ?

Here is the youtube video of it.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Having just heard it i was shocked to notice it is different to the version they released and i now really want a copy of it.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

There are several different versions of the Far Away video. The 1st one I ever saw was the one filmed outside with all the different blue screen effects in it. Then there is the Songs of Praise version and then the one studio version which has a very happy and smiling Michael in it( something you don't see much anymore, Michael smiling). Each of these recordings has a different arrangment as well. The one filmed outside I think was done to help promote Angel Voices.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

There are 3 versions of Far Away:

1. The 'studio' version, the one you posted above
2. A Songs of Praise version, the version filmed within a church
3. The outdoor version, filmed to promote the Angel Voices album

There is also a Live recording version, where Michael, Tom, Callum, James V, Ed Day, Josh, and Connor sing the song Live in Japan.

You can watch a video compilation I made with a mix of all 3 versions (plus a short snippet from the Live Japanese performance one) of Far Away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPFS0PQHrV0
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Speaking of the song Far Away, I kind of still trying to find a video of Libera singing this song at the Concert of Hope when they went to the US. Really interested to hear it, but I have searched in vain and still couldn't find it! Please tell me if you know or have seen anyone posted it online! Thanks. :D
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

I believe that the Far Away video you are talking about has been released on a Korean version of one album, I believe 'Angel voices'.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Liberation wrote:I believe that the Far Away video you are talking about has been released on a Korean version of one album, I believe 'Angel voices'.
Thanks for the info but i dont need the video , would just like the mp3 of it. All tho i guess if Video is high enough quality you could make an mp3 from it :)
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

An easy download on http://liberafans.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Liberation wrote:An easy download on http://liberafans.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sorry i am blind i cant see a link to download the song.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

There are actually 5 videos of Far Away if you count the one on the DVD, but there are two different songs. The first is the song sung for the Japanese mini-series Ice Wall, the second was changed a little by Mr. Prizeman and has been used by Libera since the summer of 2006. The phrase "whenever I climb" was changed to "whenever I cry". The change shifts the subject of the song. In the first version, a survivor of a tragic mountain climbing accident is singing to the memory or spirit of his deceased friend, in the second version the subject of the song is God.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I think 'Far Away' and 'Sanctus' are tied with the same number of video versions released??

Actually I think Sanctus could be in the lead, because I forgot to include the Pope Concert performance, and of course When Will I Be Famous.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

dani wrote:
Liberation wrote:An easy download on http://liberafans.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sorry i am blind i cant see a link to download the song.

OK, try the next link and scroll down to the 4th video (that's the one of your youtube link) it's from the tv program "Ice wall" 2006.
click on the text that says 'click to download'
I don't think you need to register to download.

http://liberafans.org/?id=3&page=1&sour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... m=far+away
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

TullyBascombe wrote: The phrase "whenever I climb" was changed to "whenever I cry".

I was watching the SOP version last night, the one filmed in the church and you can hear Michael use both the words "climb" and "cry" in the song. Climb in the 1st verse and cry in the second.

FYI, just for fun, keep an eye on Tom in the 2nd half of the video. You can see he get "caught" with the camera on before he was ready. He was bending over and stands up very fast.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

TEB wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote: The phrase "whenever I climb" was changed to "whenever I cry".

I was watching the SOP version last night, the one filmed in the church and you can hear Michael use both the words "climb" and "cry" in the song. Climb in the 1st verse and cry in the second.

FYI, just for fun, keep an eye on Tom in the 2nd half of the video. You can see he get "caught" with the camera on before he was ready. He was bending over and stands up very fast.
But in the version sung for Ice Wall he repeats "wherever I climb" in both stanzas, while in the version sung in England he sings "whenever I cry" in the second stanza.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I've never seen the Japanese video. I will have to go on the hunt for it.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Here 'tis:

Here's the live version: