Libera - Christmas in Ireland

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

alpha

Re: Libera - Christmas in Ireland

Post by alpha »

Did you spot the continuity "error" in Joy to the World??? At 1.49 there is a close up of Isaac. His ear piece is missing???? During the rest of the video it is in his right ear. I guess that bit was shot later.

I'm loving the descant part in Joy to the world. I think Michael U-R can safely say he nailed that! I love his late release on the very last note. Intentional? Accidental? or a trick of the acoustic? Either way, BRAVO!
yllwfsh

Post by yllwfsh »

I loved Away in a Manger too. Voted for that. But mainly because it's a new song i suppose.

I was looking at the back cover of the cd and dvd on Amazon and i realized that Libera is back at Warner Classics again by an interesting turn of events, since EMI classics was sold to Warner Music last year. So after the first two albums (Libera and Luminosa) this will be the third album under Warner Classics.

Does that make any difference money wise for Libera do you think? Or do they still don't get any profits from the CDs / DVDs?
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back.
May the rains fall soft upon you, and the sun shine warm upon your face.
airtrees

Post by airtrees »

For the people without facebook.

Away in a Manger:

Joy to the World:
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

alpha wrote:Did you spot the continuity "error" in Joy to the World??? At 1.49 there is a close up of Isaac. His ear piece is missing???? During the rest of the video it is in his right ear. I guess that bit was shot later.

I'm loving the descant part in Joy to the world. I think Michael U-R can safely say he nailed that! I love his late release on the very last note. Intentional? Accidental? or a trick of the acoustic? Either way, BRAVO!
No I for one hadn't spotted the error, but I will look more carefully next time. As for Michael he is good isn't he?
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
chris17

Post by chris17 »

New video up. :) It's an ad playing in the Philippines.
Jamesrepa

Post by Jamesrepa »

Vote now!! Have your self a merry vs. In dulci Jubilo

I love Michael's solo pretty much :D
And also his big smile
I voted this :)

It's a little bit different from the one in the album
So good song, I really get addicted to it
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I agree - I'm not really tuned into the Christmas wavelength at the moment but HYMLC edges it for me.

I'm very impressed with the sound production from what I've heard so far, they appear to have complimented that 'live' concert experience as much as possible. The Irish instrumentation helps too. Sounds very organic and is much the better for it.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Oh no, I didn't realise that they had snuck in some hidden camera side shots of the audience DURING the songs! glad I wasn't picking my nose during HYMLC...
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

DSC00667.JPG
DSC00667.JPG (184.64 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
DSC00667.JPG
DSC00667.JPG (184.64 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
Winning by a nose.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote:Winning by a nose.
That is very unkind of you, can't help my Jewish heritage can I :x

I notice that the other video had a side shot of you, but they had reversed the image for some reason.

Mercy & Love
chris17

Post by chris17 »

That's a hard choice! I voted for Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, partly because Michael's solo was fantastic. But I was surprised how much I like In Dulci Jubilo, because it wasn't one of my favorite songs from the last album, but I really liked the re-arrangment. :) Especially with the Irish instrumentation.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I went with HYAMLC.
Last edited by TullyBascombe on Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Two VERY tough choices so far! The first one a bit less so because Away in a Manger was new, but this one...wow! I have to say that I wasn't a huge fan of HYAMLC the first time around, but this arrangement was wonderful! I thought I was going to vote for In Dulci Jubilo and that it was going to be a no-brainer, but I had my mind changed quite quickly! Pleasant surprise, and I do agree that they are complimenting the "real live" Libera sound and not overproducing it. I hope that follows through to the CD and DVD.
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

I am sorry to have to disagree. I never liked Have yoursef etc very much, and despite his best efforts Michael did not change my mind. It is just to high and even the highest reaching boys can barely reach it without forcing themselves. But even if they would bring it down an octave or so I would not like it very much probably, it just is to feminine for me. And then te tekst: A little Chrismas? What is that supposed to mean?
Johan
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I assume most people will have picked up on this via Twitter but the French forum have realised that the French iTunes store allows a lengthy preview of each track on the CD:

French iTunes

Not sure if the other iTunes sites have the same feature, I suspect they do. Have a listen and tell us what you like best. You can hear the beautiful harmony between Isaac and Jude on 'What child Is This'.

Mercy & Love