The Moon Represents My Heart (Chinese song)

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

andmar
Silver Member

Re: The Moon Represents My Heart (Chinese song)

Post by andmar »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:16 pm">4 years ago</span> After 7 years, Libera official released today on its Youtube channel the full video of 'The Moon Represents My Heart' version 2013 :)

I wonder what made them keep this video so long secret. Or, was it published elsewhere before? :?: :?:
I wonder also, if there are any other videos still waiting deep in a drawer. :?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

andmar wrote:I wonder what made them keep this video so long secret. Or, was it published elsewhere before? :?: :?:
I wonder also, if there are any other videos still waiting deep in a drawer. :?

Back in 2013, it was rumoured about a copyright issue.
Thankfully it seemed to have been sorted at the time of the Shanghai tour, in 2017.

As far as I know, the full 2013 video of 'The Moon' was never released until today.
It is a great pleasure be able to watch and hear this version at last, thank you Libera :)

About other videos that have been recorded but not released, we way mention
- the 'Voca Me' recorded at St Patrick RC Cathedral in Armagh, at Summer 2013,
- the 'Angele Dei' recorded with a 360° device at the St George 2016 concert, when the inner circle of boys arranged themselves in a full circle around Alex M and the camera device,
- There was another song recorded with a 360°device recently, it was at St Paul concert 2019 last Summer. I am not sure which song is was btw.

For the two latter, the 360° recordings, they were more intended as technical experiments than anything. If the videos were not released it is possibly because the final result was not as good as expected.
Bur for the former, 'Voca Me', I have no idea what prevented its release. As far as I can remember, the performance by itself went absolutely fantastic.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:50 pm">4 years ago</span> For the two latter, the 360° recordings, they were more intended as technical experiments than anything. If the videos were not released it is possibly because the final result was not as good as expected.
I am inclined to agree. King's College Choir recently released such a 360 recording and while it's really cool, it just isn't in the very high quality that Libera likes to have on their videos. Even if you manually set the quality on the king's video to 5k things are quite grainy and Libera may not have had a 360 camera of even that quality on hand. Of course this is pure and utter speculation with the point being that those 360 degree videos aren't necessarily as great as what they normally do for music videos; though I would be perfectly fine with them releasing it anyhow because I don't care! :wink:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Do you recall which song was recorded with the 360° device, at St. Paul, MN ?
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

At last! Up until now, only tantalising snippets were available. Perhaps there is now hope that the Armagh recording of Voca Me, bats and all, will be released as a lockdown treat.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:26 pm">4 years ago</span> Do you recall which song was recorded with the 360° device, at St. Paul, MN ?
I think it was one of the first songs but I just don't recall at this point.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

andmar wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:23 pm">4 years ago</span> I wonder also, if there are any other videos still waiting deep in a drawer. :?
Well, we know of at least one live video they cut (as John has mentioned above #edit to add and the ones mentioned by Patrick) that has never seen the light of day. During the filming of the Ireland Christmas DVD they cleared away the candles and Christmas tree and did two takes of Voca Me. When Tom D-L hit the high note he actually managed to disturb the bats in the tower above and they flew down inside the Cathedral (they didn't appear on any other song it must be noted).

Some years later they recorded a version on the America DVD but we never saw that one from Armagh...
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I wasn't aware of this sleeping video and it was so lovely to unexpectedly see a previous generation's members! I like the video; it's well crafted, with a sense for relating boys and background. Funny how Ciaran appears to have a halo. :mrgreen:

andmar wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:23 pm">4 years ago</span>I wonder also, if there are any other videos still waiting deep in a drawer. :?
I hope they have even much material still sleeping in drawers, of course to be released at some point and not sleeping eternally. :wink: Isn't it nice to be given such a surprise from time to time? It would be boring to know that there's nothing more to expect. Some "terra incognita" should always remain.

john45 wrote: <span title="Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:51 pm">4 years ago</span>Perhaps there is now hope that the Armagh recording of Voca Me, bats and all, will be released as a lockdown treat.
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:36 pm">4 years ago</span> During the filming of the Ireland Christmas DVD they cleared away the candles and Christmas tree and did two takes of Voca Me. When Tom D-L hit the high note he actually managed to disturb the bats in the tower above and they flew down inside the Cathedral (they didn't appear on any other song it must be noted).
:lol: I remember this topic from another thread and can't emphasise enough how I envy the witnesses of that mystic bat appearance. So yes, I'd looong for seeing at least the video. This would be the time indeed to present us such fun. :)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:28 pm">4 years ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:36 pm">4 years ago</span> During the filming of the Ireland Christmas DVD they cleared away the candles and Christmas tree and did two takes of Voca Me. When Tom D-L hit the high note he actually managed to disturb the bats in the tower above and they flew down inside the Cathedral (they didn't appear on any other song it must be noted).
:lol: I remember this topic from another thread and can't emphasise enough how I envy the witnesses of that mystic bat appearance. So yes, I'd looong for seeing at least the video. This would be the time indeed to present us such fun. :)
Multiple bats at least two I think...
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:28 pm">4 years ago</span> I wasn't aware of this sleeping video and it was so lovely to unexpectedly see a previous generation's members! I like the video; it's well crafted, with a sense for relating boys and background.
I wasn't aware of that video either and yes, it was a great pleasure and fun to see it now. Better late than never. :D

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:50 pm">4 years ago</span> Back in 2013, it was rumoured about a copyright issue.
Thankfully it seemed to have been sorted at the time of the Shanghai tour, in 2017.
Well, a copyright issue might have been a reason not to publish the video earlier. Probably, the China tour in 2017 wasn't a right moment to bring the old video to the public either as the song was performed live by another generation of Libera singers.

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:28 pm">4 years ago</span> I hope they have even much material still sleeping in drawers, of course to be released at some point and not sleeping eternally. :wink: Isn't it nice to be given such a surprise from time to time? It would be boring to know that there's nothing more to expect. Some "terra incognita" should always remain.
I have very ambiguous feelings about this. What is the point of producing a video and not publishing it (except of some objective reasons like the mentioned copyright issue) in a reasonable time? The only thinkable reason for me could be, that the overall result of the recording might be not good enough. In that case the recording will never appear in public, I think (like - the announced, and never released 360° video from St.Georges 2016). But otherwise, keeping good recordings hidden just to release them years later is somehow pointless. Especially, when we don't suffer from being overwhelmed by a huge number of recent concert videos. :?
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:54 pm">4 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:28 pm">4 years ago</span> I can't emphasise enough how I envy the witnesses of that mystic bat appearance.
Multiple bats at least two I think...

Won't you sprinkle salt into the wound. :shock:

andmar wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:07 pm">4 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:28 pm">4 years ago</span> I hope they have even much material still sleeping in drawers, of course to be released at some point and not sleeping eternally. :wink: Isn't it nice to be given such a surprise from time to time?
I have very ambiguous feelings about this. What is the point of producing a video and not publishing it (except of some objective reasons like the mentioned copyright issue) in a reasonable time? [...] But otherwise, keeping good recordings hidden just to release them years later is somehow pointless. :?

Well, they suddenly came around the corner with the expanded Benedictus Deus on "Hope" enriching us. Would we have like to renounce it? Certainly not. :D
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:05 pm">4 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:28 pm">4 years ago</span> I hope they have even much material still sleeping in drawers, of course to be released at some point and not sleeping eternally. :wink: Isn't it nice to be given such a surprise from time to time?
I have very ambiguous feelings about this. What is the point of producing a video and not publishing it (except of some objective reasons like the mentioned copyright issue) in a reasonable time? [...] But otherwise, keeping good recordings hidden just to release them years later is somehow pointless. :?

Well, they suddenly came around the corner with the expanded Benedictus Deus on "Hope" enriching us. Would we have like to renounce it? Certainly not. :D
This could have been a copyright or a similar issue. The song was written for a film and the film's release date was postponed multiple times. It was also similar with "Angel" and "Home", which first appeared internationally on "Hope", having been recorded a couple years earlier.

But of course, I'm very glad that eventually, the songs have been released internationally. :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Didn't Libera make a 360 degree video with some child magician several years back? IIRC it was posted.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

andmar wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:16 pm">4 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:05 pm">4 years ago</span>
This could have been a copyright or a similar issue. The song was written for a film and the film's release date was postponed multiple times. It was also similar with "Angel" and "Home", which first appeared internationally on "Hope", having been recorded a couple years earlier.
Apples and oranges. :lol: Weren't we talking of never released recordings? So that we did or did not know that something exists, but in any case never had the chance to hear/watch it? 

Copyright issues of already released pieces are a different matter, because in a globalised world there are enough channels for them to find their way out of a restricted area. ;) And there were no problems with Angel and Home, as it was possible to buy the Japanese CDs. However, no-one of us could be familiar with the long Benedictus Deus. And this is a kind of pleasant surprise that I would never want to miss!

Let's HOPE that Libera will continue giving us their presence and their past in the future. :mrgreen: