Libera singing for a major Japanese movie?

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

kjackson83

Libera singing for a major Japanese movie?

Post by kjackson83 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:...More good news today, it looks like Libera have been signed up to perform a major sound track to a Japanese Movie.

You can get a taste of the song 'You Were There' from the trailer on this website .... http://www.dare-mamo.jp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (It's the sixth link down on the left hand side).

and links to some of the pictures taken at the filming http://www.flickr.com/photos/bebs63/set" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 231695953/

Libera never stays quiet for long :wink:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thats so cool that they are making a new video . Really excited about it and you can also watch the video clip on youtube.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

thats amazing that they are taken to new scenes, does anyone know the name of the soloist?
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Ohh. How did you guys find out about this? That's amazing! They have really got loads of japanese fans!

Any idea what song is that? Is that a new song?

The soloist sounds like..Tom! I think. Just listening to the last line some the video really sound like him. Or Liam?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I will admit i thought Liam at first but it is hard to tell. I am wondering if Tom's voice is changing as we have not heard them in a few months. Its gonna happen sooner rather than later.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

The song is probaly " Hushabye mountain"
I don't speak Japanese but that's what I found out on http://www.dare-mamo.jp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's not a new song but it is for Libera.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

The solo line at the end of the trailer definately sounds like Tom. It's vintage Tom, and the way he's been pictured in the pictures posted on Flickr would hint that once again, he could be the main boy leading the song.

Apparently Steven Geraghty was the soloist for a backing track to a playstation game, that was titled 'You Were There' but it appears this is a different song entirely.

Now is that CD going to be available outside of Japan? I'll import it, if I have too, because it will have a video clip of Libera's new song.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I thought it sounded like Tom too! But it COULD be Liam... at first their voices sometimes sound very similar!! I like the song a lot though, I hope its on a future CD!!!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Well im going to hope for some Liam solos as no offence but he should be getting more solos as he proves in Sancte that he has such a wonderful voice yet seems to be over looked a lot of the time because Tom is at his peak. Sometimes i wish they would spread the solos out just a bit more fairly.
SADASS

Post by SADASS »

Greetings! I from Russia. Therefore I apologise for quality of English language :D :)
Personally I consider, that is the soloist in soundtrack Liam.
It is in the end very well audible, that it is its voice. :!:
Music is my life.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

hi SADASS welcome to the forum, i personally think it might be tom because of the last line, i think tom and liam have very simular voices but i have emailed libera and hopefully they will reply and solve our queries.
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Liam does have a very powerful voice, especially for one so young. Listen to the song Libera on the live dvd/cd and you can tell. And, I still have my suspicions that it is him who hits that last piercing note on I Am The Day as well. Though there is no doubt that Tom could do it as well.
As far as Sancte is concerned, I have already mentioned, that is my favorite song on the new cd and is only by a hair my 2ns favorite song of their's. And Liam's solo on that is also quite powerful.
I am planning on writing to RP to tell him just how much Sancte means to me as a song. I am going to email it to both their MySpace and main websites but I have also been told that the webmaster does not forward any personal email, at least to the boys. So, I am hedging my bet by also sending it to the church and asking the pastor, who does read the incoming emails, to forward it to RP. Since RP is the music director of the church, I imagine he will receive it.

I remember recently asking the webmaster for permission to post one of their copywrited pics on my own MySpace page since MySpace requires that. Never did hear back. I posted it anyways and since they are linked to my page, I am sure they know.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I know they didn't credit Tom with any solo work during 'Sancte' on New Dawn, but I swear it's Tom opening up the song with the first line. Liam may have got the credit for the amazing high solo he did during the middle of the song, and rightly so because it's unbelievable goosebumps stuff. That's why we probably think Liam sounds like Tom, because we think Liam sings all the way through Sancte, but it's Tom for me at the start.

I expect Liam's time will come, he's already contributed some amazing solo lines on a few songs, but for me any continuous hints that Tom's voice is still on top form is literally music to my ears. It's at the vintage wine stage (in treble terms), and I for one, want to saviour every last drop his incredible beautiful voice has to offer.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Does anyone know what the movie is about? I wonder if it will be captioned in English and othjer languages and eventually distributed to the US and Europe.

It's nice to know that even though Libera skipped their usual sojourn to Japan this year, and probably will do so again next year, they still have a big fan base in Japan.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:I know they didn't credit Tom with any solo work during 'Sancte' on New Dawn, but I swear it's Tom opening up the song with the first line. Liam may have got the credit for the amazing high solo he did during the middle of the song, and rightly so because it's unbelievable goosebumps stuff. That's why we probably think Liam sounds like Tom, because we think Liam sings all the way through Sancte, but it's Tom for me at the start.

I expect Liam's time will come, he's already contributed some amazing solo lines on a few songs, but for me any continuous hints that Tom's voice is still on top form is literally music to my ears. It's at the vintage wine stage (in treble terms), and I for one, want to saviour every last drop his incredible beautiful voice has to offer.
Yep Liam has done some good work for Libera and Stay with me on the dvd is 1 of my favorites out of that concert. His voice is just so pure and strong. Also got to say i am loving Joe's voice and cant wait to hear more from him.

I am glad Tom is still at the top of his game tho as its a tribute to hard work and dedication on his part.