what do fans like a bout libera

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

William

Post by William »

I like Libera because of the style and message of their music. It's a refreshing change from the type of music put out by American youth vocalists. I'm sick to death of the insipid romantic/puppy love and 'bubble gum/teeny bopper' style of music which is unfortunately so prevalent in much of American youth music. This is what makes so many of them sound the same. The songs between groups and singles is pretty much interchangable. Libera is pure and the boys have real talent, not fabricated talent. And they are not overrated like so many American youth singers. There is something calming and soothing about their pure, innocent voices as well.

I'm not knocking all American music. There are a few truly talented youngsters out there who do a great job. But I think we 'over-produce' and 'over-glorify' and make people think everyone has that talent. And too many fall into the same mold of the same old style-bubble gum and teeny bopper music!
Libera has TRUE talent! They sing from the heart. I never tire of their style. If only the good ol' USA could take a lead from them!
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

William wrote:Libera has TRUE talent! They sing from the heart. I never tire of their style. If only the good ol' USA could take a lead from them!
Hear, hear--great way to put it, William.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Amen William.

But it is their producers here in America that hands those kids the crappy music they perform. And then they can be on the teeny bopper magazines. And, unfortunately, most tweeners here wouldn't know good music if it was pumped directly into their brains. And understand, I am a huge rock music fan but I rarely see anyone younger than 16 or 17 at a rock show. It takes our kids years before they understand there is music beyond the computer aided singing and lip syncing "stars" out there.

Though, tbh, I don't know if our boys are in the UK versions of teeny bopper mags or not.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yes there does!! I sincerely hope that Libera style music and other choral music make a come back, as it seems it is doing.... I consider choral music in general to be the 8th wonder of the world :D
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

TEB wrote:Though, tbh, I don't know if our boys are in the UK versions of teeny bopper mags or not.
The interview published in a local magazine during the run-up to Visions and their sit-down with a TV station in Britain doesn't even remotely hint at that ... it's still catching on fully in the U.K., despite Free's showing at the 2006(?) Classical BRIT Awards...
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

I like:
1) Libera's voices (soloists and whole Libera too)
2) Christian lyrics
3) And boys in Libera are cool - simple, free kids, and i like their clothes too, soo coool !!
You guys are perfect ;)
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I love their white hoodies! Haha. LOL. Libera's dressing are really unique. White robes, white hoodies, black pants, or that blue shirts.. it all reminds you of Libera.

Even their voices reminds you of something cool, new age and alternative kind of classical music. Not too traditional, and especially relates well to both young and old.
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Libera in black / white colours are the best!! ;)
Black angels or white angels... :lol: Doesn't matter. They are ANGELS :D
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Narnian wrote:Libera in black / white colours are the best!! ;)
Black angels or white angels... :lol: Doesn't matter. They are ANGELS :D
me too me too i like red white and bule haha from jenna
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Every now and then, they do perform in all black. They have black hoodies to go with the black pants.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
krishna mie
Silver Member

its my first post

Post by krishna mie »

i really got attracted to the Latin lyrics and the fact that they sing religioius songs :D i think its a cool appreciation for this generation :)
Candid
Silver Member

Post by Candid »

I also am attracted to libera because of the latin, I fall for foriegn language and this language is ancient and not used often. Also the voices they are so beautiful, I like how the voice is displayed as an individual instrument as well.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I think I'll chime in for a short while...it's past midnight here.

There are lots of things I love about Libera, but if I were to point only a few things now, it would be:

1) Their music is heavenly, ethereal, and is a very welcome break from the crap people try to pass for music these days.

2) Their simplicity. For a group of boys with such gifts, they're all so normal and simple. =p

I was watching some videos of the Vienna Boy's Choir today. I must say I was really impressed by their talent, their voices were all (to say an understatement) top-shelf.

But for some reason, they don't evoke the same emotions in me that Libera does with their music. When they sing, they please my ears. When Libera sings, they tug at my heartstrings.
Last edited by carina_gino20 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

That's why I love Libera. :) Actually, I can't explain it. They are something heavenly for me :)
krishna mie
Silver Member

Post by krishna mie »

i love the fact that they sing for God. and that these are kids. and they use latin as their lyrics. and perhaps because anglicans have a very close similarities of the beliefs and practices of catholics. :wink:
if you want to know about virtue, look for a virtuous man!!!