International zone

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

not all of the uk gets snow, i dont :(
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

kthomp wrote:not all of the uk gets snow, i dont :(
All too true I'm afraid. Hardly anywhere in England gets much snow (which is why things collapse when we see four inches (of snow!) in London). The days of skating on the Thames in Dickens day are long gone. Global warming :cry:
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Yorkie wrote:
kthomp wrote:not all of the uk gets snow, i dont :(
All too true I'm afraid. Hardly anywhere in England gets much snow (which is why things collapse when we see four inches (of snow!) in London). The days of skating on the Thames in Dickens day are long gone. Global warming :cry:
:D :lol: this past winter was pretty awful in Canada--airports across the whole country shut down, Toronto and Montreal buried in some number of metres of snow...and across the sea was London, hit by an appalling four inches (in places) of snow, totally shut down; and worst of all: those poor fellows in the House of Lords having to leave without an evening meal due to staff shortages!

Yes, we had a good :lol: over here in N. America ;)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

It's all relative :x I'd like to see you lot cope with a nasty drizzle! Not laughing now are you :D
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Yorkie wrote:It's all relative :x I'd like to see you lot cope with a nasty drizzle! Not laughing now are you :D
:D :P all in good fun :D :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

kjackson83 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:It's all relative :x I'd like to see you lot cope with a nasty drizzle! Not laughing now are you :D
8) I know :wink:
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Yorkie wrote:
kjackson83 wrote:
Houston's power grid is seriously so fragile, power poles have been snapped in a vigorous wind. Some of the city is also built beneath the water table, so we flood almost catastrophically during a mid-sized thunderstorm...think of the Gloucester floods in 2003 (I think?), but once a month or so... :shock:

And people walk about with their overcoats drawn tight and massive fleets of umbrellas deployed...in the middle of that nasty drizzle :shock: :!: :)
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

ohh sounds like the winter in my town lol
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

kjackson83 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
kjackson83 wrote:
Houston's power grid is seriously so fragile, power poles have been snapped in a vigorous wind. Some of the city is also built beneath the water table, so we flood almost catastrophically during a mid-sized thunderstorm...think of the Gloucester floods in 2003 (I think?), but once a month or so... :shock:

And people walk about with their overcoats drawn tight and massive fleets of umbrellas deployed...in the middle of that nasty drizzle :shock: :!: :)
You can put a man on the moon but........

I didn't realise you got that much rain in Houston - I'm learning all the time :D
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Yorkie wrote:
kjackson83 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:

You can put a man on the moon but........

I didn't realise you got that much rain in Houston - I'm learning all the time :D
We probably don't get that much rain relative to a place like London, but when it rains, it literally pours--the weather around here is feast or famine, really...we had a HUMID, miserable summer last year, complained about the lack of rain...and then got railroaded (literally) by a hurricane larger than the British Isles. Be careful what you wish for... :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

London isn't one of the wetter parts of the UK - but I know what you mean :D

A hurricane larger than the British Isles! :shock: ! That's a lot of wind. Must be all the beans you cowboys eat :twisted:
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Yes, well, we've been in the worst drought for 15 years and then BAM!!! it rained. It's stopped now unfortunately, but the wind is incredible. I think we're going to be in for a rough hurricane season this year.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

tcliffy wrote:Yes, well, we've been in the worst drought for 15 years and then BAM!!! it rained. It's stopped now unfortunately, but the wind is incredible. I think we're going to be in for a rough hurricane season this year.
My sister will be well happy then. She left the UK for the sunnier weather in Orlando :lol:
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Yorkie wrote:London isn't one of the wetter parts of the UK - but I know what you mean :D

A hurricane larger than the British Isles! :shock: ! That's a lot of wind. Must be all the beans you cowboys eat :twisted:
:P no, it's some butterfly in Angola! LOL
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

kjackson83 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:London isn't one of the wetter parts of the UK - but I know what you mean :D

:P no, it's some butterfly in Angola! LOL
Interesting, but I've seen Blazing Saddles. I'm sticking with my bean theory :wink: