Movies

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

He sings a lot but I don't know about the rest of the soundtrack.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

I haven't posted in a while...

Anyhoo, my favorite movies would be Lord of the Rings trilogy, Titanic (I had a huge crush on Leonardo diCaprio as a kid), Sound of Music, Never Been Kissed and Les Choristes (I credit this movie for reminding me how much I love boy choirs) :)
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

Nikki178 wrote:I haven't posted in a while...

Anyhoo, my favorite movies would be Lord of the Rings trilogy, Titanic (I had a huge crush on Leonardo diCaprio as a kid), Sound of Music, Never Been Kissed and Les Choristes (I credit this movie for reminding me how much I love boy choirs) :)
What is Les Choristes about?
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

jesuspeace34 wrote:

I watched that a couple of years ago, it's a French movie about this choir master/music teacher going to this school for "troubled kids" where he tried to teach them music and stuff. I can't really remember all the details, but this film features Jean-Baptiste Maunier. The songs in the film are really good even though I can't quite understand French, and his solos are awesome as well.

link for wikipedia page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chorus_%282004_film%29

La Nuit
[youtube][/youtube]

One of my favourite song from the film - Caresse sur l'océan

[youtube][/youtube]
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

xsakurax wrote:
jesuspeace34 wrote:

I watched that a couple of years ago, it's a French movie about this choir master/music teacher going to this school for "troubled kids" where he tried to teach them music and stuff. I can't really remember all the details, but this film features Jean-Baptiste Maunier. The songs in the film are really good even though I can't quite understand French, and his solos are awesome as well.

link for wikipedia page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chorus_%282004_film%29

La Nuit
[youtube][/youtube]

One of my favourite song from the film - Caresse sur l'océan

[youtube][/youtube]
Thanks for the info and vid clips. Your right, his solos are really awesome. I'm definitely going to see this movie.
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

Oops, been busy the past few days. Haven't been checking in. :shock:

I saw Les Choristes movie in 2008, four years after the movie was released. By then Jean-Baptiste Maunier was already 18 I think. I swear, my jaw dropped when I heard him sing in the movie!

Try looking up the Les Enfoires 2006 in youtube. He was a performer that year. Turns out he can sing pop/rock songs as well. :D
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

Nikki178 wrote:Oops, been busy the past few days. Haven't been checking in. :shock:

I saw Les Choristes movie in 2008, four years after the movie was released. By then Jean-Baptiste Maunier was already 18 I think. I swear, my jaw dropped when I heard him sing in the movie!

Try looking up the Les Enfoires 2006 in youtube. He was a performer that year. Turns out he can sing pop/rock songs as well. :D
He did have some great performances in that show.

[youtube][/youtube]
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

I like these two:

Evidemment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY4cF5_3BfM

La Tribu de Dana
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeDlKibTk9U

:wink:

How do you post a video in this forum? I tried putting the embed link and all it did was to publish the embed link. :?
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

Nikki178 wrote:I like these two:

Evidemment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY4cF5_3BfM

La Tribu de Dana
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeDlKibTk9U

:wink:

How do you post a video in this forum? I tried putting the embed link and all it did was to publish the embed link. :?
When you type in a response, look in the message body area. You will see a Youtube button. When you want to add a Youtube video, click that icon, then copy and paste the web address for the video and paste it after the Youtube that appeared when you clicked the Youtube icon. Finally click the Youtube icon after the web address. I hope I explained it without confusing you.

Also thanks for posting the performances. :D
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks! :)
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

french rap is quite interesting....waaaaay better than american rap! despite that I dont understand french haha
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

I know! I can listen to French people talk for a looong time. I tried French a couple of years ago... I tried reading my friend's book and totally murdered the language! :D
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

I just saw "Inception" for the second time in theaters! Has anyone else seen it yet? It's one of the craziest movies I've ever watched, but I adored it--Leo DiCaprio sure has come a long way from his Titanic days!
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Flora wrote:I just saw "Inception" for the second time in theaters! Has anyone else seen it yet? It's one of the craziest movies I've ever watched, but I adored it--Leo DiCaprio sure has come a long way from his Titanic days!
I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard really great things about it! I might go see it next weekend, but I also want to see Charlie St. Cloud, so I don't know yet...
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Does anyone in my age group, early 50's remember a tv show called The Thunderbirds? I just watched the 2 theatrical movies that the Andersons made from that show, Thunderbirds Are Go and Thunderbird 6. While they are a little dated nowadays, the special effects still stand the test of time. Especially the crash scenes in both of them. This was in the days before every filmmaker used computer generated effects. The effects in The Thunderbirds were all done with models, even the explosions. The best effects are still done with models. You can tell a computer effect a mile away.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."