Songs of Praise Request

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Songs of Praise Request

Post by Jude Andrew »

Hi All - Interesting note on Libera's website:

August 21st, 2008 - Songs of Praise - Libera Special, Can you help?

Can you help? The BBC Television series Songs of Praise is making a programme about Libera. As part of the programme, we’d like to hear from fans about why Libera has made such an impact on their lives. If the music of Libera has had a big impact on your life, or helped you deal with a particular situation, or inspired you in some specific way, we would love to hear from you. Please send us an email telling us your story at songsofpraise@bbc.co.uk. Please make sure you include a contact telephone number and keep LIBERA in the Subject box.

Does anyone out there have any interesting stories they could share?

Jude

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by viabuona on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Including the Video-Link
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Oh WOW this is cool--a chance for some bona fide audience participation!
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I'll have to think about that. I can tell you all here how much they help me stay calm. If I am really stressed, all I have to do it play one of the cd's or get on my computer and watch one of the many videos and I can feel myself calming down.

Wonder if they would want that little story.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Im sure theyd take any story. Its worth a shot, plus you could be part of that special programme about the group :D
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Wow, that's really cool! When's the closing date to send them the mail? I'll only have time to write after my exams are over. :( Which luckily, will be over soon! Is it everyone out there could write them a mail? Cos they ask for a telephone, wonder if they accept people in other countries?
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Re: Songs of Praise Request

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Jude Andrew wrote:Hi All - Interesting note on Libera's website:

Can you help? The BBC Television series Songs of Praise is making a programme about Libera. As part of the programme, we’d like to hear from fans about why Libera has made such an impact on their lives. If the music of Libera has had a big impact on your life, or helped you deal with a particular situation, or inspired you in some specific way, we would love to hear from you. Please send us an email telling us your story at songsofpraise@bbc.co.uk. Please make sure you include a contact telephone number and keep LIBERA in the Subject box.

Jude
i was wondirng how people can hlep with the songs of praise becues if bbc can have libera then it can be so much fun wching it i thank if they thank of makeing a dvd then my be bbc can let the libera fans see them on tv but my be there is a way of hleping i thank i will do all i can to ask people to hlep bbc and fans as will to make it good for libera fans can hlep out as will
kjackson83

Re: Songs of Praise Request

Post by kjackson83 »

jennaluvspbr wrote:
Jude Andrew wrote:Hi All - Interesting note on Libera's website:

Jude
i was wondirng how people can hlep with the songs of praise becues if bbc can have libera then it can be so much fun wching it i thank if they thank of makeing a dvd then my be bbc can let the libera fans see them on tv but my be there is a way of hleping i thank i will do all i can to ask people to hlep bbc and fans as will to make it good for libera fans can hlep out as will
I don't think the BBC will make a DVD...but I could be wrong. It doesn't seem like something the BBC would do, though. Also, because of the way things like the licence fee work in the U.K., people overseas may not be able to immediately lay hands on anything the BBC makes because of rights restrictions...
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

The way Songs of Praise works, is they chat about something, and then go into a hymn/song. So I think throughout this special documentary there could be a few (hopefully) new songs that we haven't seen Libera sing before. You never know they may pick a few songs from one of their live concerts.

I don't think they will be a DVD released though.
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

kjackson83 wrote:Oh WOW this is cool--a chance for some bona fide audience participation!
i did not thank so at all if there goingt o be a dvd becues for days the fans wrere talking a bout the counsrt that happind on the 30th of july and so i did not no if that was the truth becues someone told me they wrere going to make a dvd but i was not sher at the time so any way i injoy the picuters and videos and all of it so thanks
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

kjackson83 wrote:Oh WOW this is cool--a chance for some bona fide audience participation!
what is it that you guys like a bout libera what is the one thing you like a bout them ?? is it becues of there vocies the smile on the faces or tell me what you like a bout libera i will like to no
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

BBC has told me they have no plans of releasing a DVD and my sources have also told me a DVD is, right now at least, not in the plans. So no, we will not see a new DVD yet, but maybe soon.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

A new CD would be great, maybe in a year or so.

jenna: I personally like the choir's style, lyrics, and melodies. Their musical characteristics and talent are what make the group notable in my mind. I'm considerably less interested in things like appearance.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Here is the email I just sent off to Songs of Praise.

"I guess what it is about Libera that affects me the most is the ability of the boys' music to calm me down. I work in food service and it is a rather stressful job. I come home from work very stressed and tired. All I need to do is either pop in a cd or go to my computer and play one of the videos. I always feel myself calming down almost instantly. I can just feel the stress leaving my body, especially with Sanctus or Far Away. "

I hope they use it
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Very well worded. Im sure BBC will consider it. I am anxious to watch the programme now and see what they have come up with, Im sure it will be something well worth the wait and the time to watch ;)
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Kevin wrote:Very well worded. Im sure BBC will consider it. I am anxious to watch the programme now and see what they have come up with, Im sure it will be something well worth the wait and the time to watch ;)
so kevin what can libera fans look out for when libera comes back a gain my be a new cds or what do you thank of what libera is going to do next