Olympics

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I kind of glued to my television set all day long watch the Olympics too! Finally this year, we get live broadcast straight from Beijing, since my country is pretty near there. The last Olympics in Athens, we didn't actually get to watch any event on the television. (unless you subscribe to cable tv) So, this time I gonna watch all I can! But at this very moment, I have a few more projects to rush and exams to study as well! Oh my! It's so hard to concentrate on studying with all these Olympics going on! Gosh.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

I don't know that I Vow to Thee would carry that kind of baggage with people nowadays, do you think? I've always thought of it as a Briton's hymn to their country.

What would be great would be R.P. writing some new stuff if Libera were asked far enough in advance to participate.

But, I would say Love and Mercy and Far Away...and it would be really cool if the whole thing--the whole opening ceremony--were to begin with the group singing their a cappella You Are the New Day.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

My mom and I were listening to Love and Mercy the day after the opening ceremony and we said almost in unison "Wouldn't it be cool if Libera sang at the opening ceremony's in London??" My immediate thought was "Wow, cool!! Something I could actually watch on my 21 channel TV!!" and my second thought was "Hey, thats a real possibility!!" So lets just keep our hopes up =) Who knows?? And if they did, I bet RP would write something new......
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Oh yeah, has anyone been watching the swimming??? I've been glued to the TV every night from 8-midnight, which is surprising, since most other times I watch less than an hour of TV a month..... But....... MICHAEL PHELPS IS AMAZING!! That relay was really something..... I mean, now JASON LEZAK IS AMAZING!!!!!
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

libera36 wrote:...I've been glued to the TV every night from 8-midnight, which is surprising, since most other times I watch less than an hour of TV a month.....
Sounds like me, actually. :wink: I usually do not watch much TV, but the Olympics really keep my attention. I have been staying up until at least midnight late to be sure that I don't miss anything!

Yes, I have been watching the swimming, and I did witness that amazing finish by Jason Lezak in that relay... that was unbelievable.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yeah, it was!!!! The whole American relay team is amazing...... I was watching the gymnasts last night too...... I wish I could do that stuff =)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

you guys more eastward have seen it already but it played just a few hours ago here in Calfornia and his amazing win right at the final 10m or so was fantastic!!

I myself have been glued to my TV from when I wake up (around 10-ish, come on I'm a teenager :P ) and watch Olympic programing until well past midnight. I'm just into it it's hard to explain or describe. There are different events playing on about 4 different NBC network stations so I'm usually I'm usually covered the whole day or I have to flip back and forth between the different channels buts great fun to watch :)
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Whoops, I better be careful not to spoil anything =) I love what NBC does (at least on our side of the country :D) and switches between swimming, gymnastics and diving!! I can watch all 3 of my favorite events without switching the channel!!!! Did anybody see the 14 year old British diver, Thomas Daley?? He's amazing!! I saw him do the synchronized diving event, and I can't wait to see him do the individual stuff!!!!!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes, Tom Daley's great for his age, to be doing dives like that. I have to watch the super slow-motion to barely take note of any mistakes, they all look to be pretty perfect to me. How the judges score without replays is beyond me.

I try to catch the 1hr highlights program on BBC1 at 7pm after I come home from work. Most of the live action is from 2am-7am and during the middle of the day, so I'm either asleep or at work.

I'll probably take two weeks off work come 2012 though. I may even try to get down to London to see some of the action live, I did for the Manchester Commonwealth Games.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yeah, I was wondering that same thing!! But maybe they can see slow motion.... I think they can for gymnastics!! Over on the east coast of the US we really lucked out this year!! Most of the action goes on between 7 PM and 1 AM, which makes it pretty easy!! I'd love to go to the Olympic Games one day..... And by the time I do that, the Opening Ceremony's should be really, really, really amazing, based on the rate they are improving at!!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Tom Daley surprised me, at his young age of 14 he dives like a true pro!! I have been dead set on my TV constantly watching these games and I just cant seem to remove my attention from it, lol :P
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

JimmyRiddle wrote:I'll probably take two weeks off work come 2012 though. I may even try to get down to London to see some of the action live, I did for the Manchester Commonwealth Games.
Sounds like you're planning ahead REALLY early, lol.... 2012, let's see... hey, who knows, maybe I'll be competing in taekwondo. I'm certainly going to be trying really, really hard.

I was watching the men's individual gymnastics last night. It's amazing how much control they have on their bodies. I was disappointed in some of the judging, but then I'm not a gymnast, so I probably don't catch all the little details.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I thought the same thing about some of the gymnastics scores!! And even some of the diving scores too, but I suppose that there are things that we can't see, that a judge can see......
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Some of the scoring for gymnastics and diving seemed rather unfair to me, too, but I suppose that, as I am not an official judge, it isn't quite for me to say.
But still...