Moderator: Moderators

Liesma

Re: Right Now

Post by Liesma »

Right now I am sleaping and writing this text :D
Karppoo

Post by Karppoo »

I'm drinking red wine and my computer is playin Elvis... It's very good(I have always loved Elvis)... :D
Do anyone like Elvis here? I like most of 70s music... (And Libera and...)
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

karpoo. Yep Elvis, I wrote about him for around 30 odd years for Elvis Monthly and the fan club he is/was a big part of my life. I am proud to say I was a member of The Tankers Fan Club run by Gary Pepper a disabled boy who was on Elvis' payroll until Elvis died (so this was the closest fan club to Elvis)
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

Right now. I am itching and in agony as I have shingles!!!!!!! can't sit or lie comfortably. Doctor gave me two lots of pills to take for a week. - Great I hate being ill.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Right now I'm dreading my vacation week. My wife is dying from metastatic lung cancer in the intensive care unit. I'm thinking of the arrangements that will have to be made in the next few days and I've got no idea of hat I want to do about her funeral and burial.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

My deepest sympathy to you Tully. I'll remember you and your wife in my prayers.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

Tully, I am so sorry for you both. Nothing I can say will ease this but my prayers and thoughts will be with you.

BTW. stupid I know but I always thought you were female, don't ask me why I just did, me being dumb I guess, please excuse this lapse on my part.
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

TullyBascombe, for some moments in life there are no words. May peace and comfort find you during this difficult time.
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

TullyBascombe - You also have my deepest sympathies for what you must be going through. Very sadly my Wife passed away ten days ago, after fighting so hard against a returning throat cancer. We were told she had possibly 12 months to live and planned accordingly. Sadly the cancer had other ideas and took her from me after only four weeks.

The Libera concert at Guildford was the last outing we attended together, a talking point for us right up to the end. She was insistent that I carry on with the concerts, but I'm not sure I would be able to attend on my own - it would be very hard emotionally.

My thoughts are with you.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Tully and Forestdweller,

I'm truly sorry to hear your bad news. May the love of those around you help you through the days ahead.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Tully and Forestdweller, I am so sorry. I will keep both of you and your loved ones in my prayers.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

My condolences to you Forestdweller.

For you and Tully:

"Deep peace of the running wave to you
Deep peace of the flowing air to you
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you
Deep peace of the shining stars to you"
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

kay wrote:Tully, I am so sorry for you both. Nothing I can say will ease this but my prayers and thoughts will be with you.

BTW. stupid I know but I always thought you were female, don't ask me why I just did, me being dumb I guess, please excuse this lapse on my part.
I thought you were English. What Englishman of a mature age doesn't know who Tully Bascombe was?

Hint: A brief war between a grand duchy and the United States. Tully won it much to the dismay of his country.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Maggie resisted my entreaties that she see her doctor about her cough and weight loss for months. By the time she did go to a doctor 6 weeks ago she had a 20 cm metastasis in her liver, the primary is thought to be squamous carcinoma of the lung. We tried caring her at home, but after a week she had finally become to weak for us to manage. She's been back and forth between the hospital and the nursing home since. Friday I got a phone call from her Oncologist informing me that she had developed and infection in her abdominal cavity and that her blood pressure had dropped to shock levels. They moved her to the intensive care unit. Incredibly she's managed to hang on. She's no longer in shock but she hasn't regained conciousness. Three rounds of chemotherapy haven't slowed the growth of the tumor. I don't know how much more she can take.
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

Tully:

Yes I am English but have no idea who 'he' was. on Google something about a film.

Still that is irrelevant compared to the suffering both your wife and you are going thro' right now. Our American friends have a saying, 'May the Good Lord take a liking to you' and my dearest wish is He turns His countenance to you both and takes 'that' liking to you. Kay