Right Now

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

i am so close to throwing my ipod away, i fixed it only a few days ago and now it has stoped working all together, i hate the things lol, at this mo in time, im on here, msn and facebook and yet AGAIN fixing my blooming IPOD!
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
barlies04
Silver Member

Post by barlies04 »

having been to the gymi am now surfing the net but also checking the forum which i do often as a moderator (global)
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Watching a Simpsons repeat and catching up on some posts here on the board.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Right now.. I'm trying to organize my life, with so many projects at hand, and major exams coming up in the next few weeks.. but chilling out at the forum as well. Haha. Sigh, I can't wait for the school holidays to come! And at this moment, I'm analyzing data results with SPSS and also applying Consumer behaviour topics to my 40 page group report which will be due in three days time!
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

I am such an extreme nerd... right now I am listening to clips of various versions of Hoe Down from Rodeo by Aaron Copland and attempting to determine which version I prefer and should therefore download.
I guess some people would say that it all sounds the same, but I pay (perhaps too much?) attention to the little nuances and such in music, and each version has a unique sound.
I've narrowed it down to five choices! Yes!
I know, I am a nerd. :lol:
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Quinnsome wrote:I am such an extreme nerd... right now I am listening to clips of various versions of Hoe Down from Rodeo by Aaron Copland and attempting to determine which version I prefer and should therefore download.
OOOH! If I might suggest something: Philip Ellis's cut with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra!
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Ooh, thank you very much; I shall consider! :D
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Right now I'm dosing up on vitamin C as I have been extremely sick the past 4 days and am still recovering.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Quinnsome wrote: I guess some people would say that it all sounds the same, but I pay (perhaps too much?) attention to the little nuances and such in music, and each version has a unique sound.
I've narrowed it down to five choices! Yes!
I know, I am a nerd. :lol:
I knew a music major in undergrad who said that about discography: "It's all the same piece." We tried very hard to wean him off that attitude, with no success

I have twenty-five recordings of Bach's Mass in B minor alone; it's amazing how much a change in venue, conductor, or ensemble can alter a work. Kudos for your interest in all those "little nuances"! It's the "little" stuff that makes all the difference!

Oh, and right now: I am catching up on the latest concert from The World's Greatest Classical Music Festival (the BBC Proms) on Radio 3, blogging about U.S. actions in Latin America and Africa,and eating a light supper.
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

kjackson83 wrote:I knew a music major in undergrad who said that about discography: "It's all the same piece." We tried very hard to wean him off that attitude, with no success....

...It's the "little" stuff that makes all the difference!
:D So true!

(Oh... right now I'm... eating an absolutely delicious tangerine.
I love fruit.)

Hope you feel better, tcliffy. :(
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Right now: I am decompressing after class, poking around the board, and coming to the sad realization that I reply to this topic too much! :oops:
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Right now, I'm chilling out a little, checking e-mails and stuff before I gonna sit down for hours to study for my major exams! Three more exams and two more weeks to go! And I gonna listen to Libera's music when I sleep at night, hoping it will aid me in remembering all that I need to memorize. Haha. :D
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Kind of youtube-searching Libera videos and I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG05ttJSG-A

Go check it out.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

xsakurax wrote:Kind of youtube-searching Libera videos and I found this:

Go check it out.
Thanks xsakurax, she isn't actually performing to Libera ?? is she??

Right now, I am watching the Olympics (womens 10K, I think) while listening to one of my favorite CD's of all time; U2's Joshua Tree. I am also trying to book a flight to Atlanta, Georgia !
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Thanks xsakurax, she isn't actually performing to Libera ?? is she??
Jude Andrew, well, if you meant the song she's performing to, I'm not entirely sure, but it seems like it. I think.