lip-syncing at LCS???

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

mintsea

lip-syncing at LCS???

Post by mintsea »

Some ppl on youtube comment that Libera's performance on LCS is lip syncied.......... :roll: what the.....?

I don't think so.....

what do you guys think???
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I mentioned in the other thread, it's all speculation, and something that can't be proved one way or the other. Anyone who's been lucky enough to see them sing live in concert (puts hand up), knows they have nothing to prove in that respect.

We all know it wasn't LIVE as in, it going out there and then, and it was recorded, but I just can't believe they mimed, and no notes came out during that performance. I don't think Tom would have bobbed his head up and down so vigorously if he was miming.
mintsea

Post by mintsea »

tell me about it.

no way there's no sound coming from their performance.
amazing performance

P.S. if if if they are lip singing, they are doing a way better job than Britney Spears....... :P jk
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Some ppl on youtube comment that Libera's performance on LCS is lip syncied
:shock: !!

That's garbage (sorry: "rubbish"). C'mon! It's Libera, not some America pop-tart like Britney Spears.

On a pragmatic note: the movement, especially when choristers are walking down the steps, is a little jerky--because they're thinking about all kinds of things at once: singing in time, in tune, while moving. If they were just lip-syncing, the movement would be a whole lot smoother.

That's probably some crazy YTer with nothing better to do but smear the group. People like that float all over YT stirring up trouble.

Merrill (Signs (2002): "This is exactly what the nerds want."
Last edited by kjackson83 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I doubt very seriously they lipsynced anything. For one, RP would never have let them even perform if this had been expected of them from the producers.

Also, if I understand the program correctly, it was pre-recorded? If so, I imagine if the words did not match their lips, it was an error in post production.

Only the so called "teen artists" do lipsyncing. There are too many to name but mostly those who have fancy dance moves with their songs do so, Miley Cyrus comes to mind. You cannot concentrate on your singing when you are bouncing up and down and looking like an idiot.

Even rock singers, who do alot of moving during a show, Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon and Mick Jagger do this but they do more or less stand still when singing.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I agree with Tom. Robert is a genius choirmaster and musician and would never let his boys sing if thats what the producers wanted.

also what kjackson said ;)
kjackson83 wrote:On a pragmatic note: the movement, especially when choristers are walking down the steps, is a little jerky--because they're thinking about all kinds of things at once: singing in time, in tune, while moving. If they were just lip-syncing, the movement would be a whole lot smoother.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

I would guesstimate that the speculation stems from the fact that there is no visible mic's/sound equipment nor does there appear to be a visible MD but I maybe wrong. I personally do not think they are lip syncing though.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I imagine that they lip synch for many of their videos, for one thing the videos are often shot at locations that would have dreadful acoustics.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

TullyBascombe wrote:I imagine that they lip synch for many of their videos, for one thing the videos are often shot at locations that would have dreadful acoustics.
I wondered about that in something like Locus iste, where the sound would be affected by one's spinning around (albeit very slowly) in a chair--or Voca Me...talk about dreadful acoustics! A cold forest in the middle of the night...

I wonder how hard that is to do--the filming, especially something like Far Away, which looks like the product of several locations and some complicated editing.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I'm quite sure Libera didn't lip synced. You can feel that they are singing with their heart and soul. They are such wonderful kids. :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I agree with xsakurax. Those boys give it their all and never hold back, its what they love doing. Even if they were lip syncing, Im sure the boys were singing like they would Live anyway. Im sure there were mics, they were just really small and really well hidden :wink:
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Kevin wrote:Im sure there were mics, they were just really small and really well hidden :wink:
You're right, Kevin--that's definitely credible and even likely. And I wouldn't want it to come across that I or others are detracting from the group's talent or the boys' hard work in making Libera happen. Even if the technical issues of certain aspects of the videos necessitate a little lip syncing, sound editing, or what-have-you, it doesn't make the end result any less impressive, nor does it cast--even for a moment--a shadow of doubt on the members' work ethic or their talent.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I know for a fact that they have been looking for smaller and smaller mics for some time. I recently attended a play and the mics they had for the leads were almost invisible.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I remember that I was giving a speech at school and the little mic they put on me was just slightly bigger than a headphone jack and blended in perfectly with what I was wearing (which, if I can recall correctly, was a plaid collar shirt). Technologies these days are very advanced. Im sure Libera was using mics like these.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

TullyBascombe wrote:I imagine that they lip synch for many of their videos, for one thing the videos are often shot at locations that would have dreadful acoustics.

I actually have it from a very reliable source, that for most all of the Songs of Praise videos, they were really singing in them. Probably with alot of different takes of course but they were singing.
Now, for their regular videos, especially the ones shot outside, like the last version of Michael's Far Away for instance, those are obviously lip synced. They'd have to be.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American