Concert in St George - London - Friday 25/11

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Concert in St George - London - Friday 25/11

Post by dani »

It looks like Sam has left as he went in the front with his family .

Jakob name has been changed to Kuba in the program .

New names is Misha lieven , Lucas wood. Michael menezes And Bertie smart . A brother of Alfie maybe?
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

The new CDs are for sale as well
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thanks for these updates! :D
Could Lucas Wood and Michael Menezes be related to Jakob?
Is there a program with pictures inside?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Various twitter accounts are reporting 34 boys for tonight's show.
Apparently they'll have all the boys who performed in Cebu plus Jakob, the four newbies Dani mentioned
and one more newbie, Oscar McFall.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thanks to Bullehynka here is the full list of choristers expected for tonight's show.
Attachments
rsndg.jpg
rsndg.jpg (64.77 KiB) Viewed 926 times
rsndg.jpg
rsndg.jpg (64.77 KiB) Viewed 926 times
Last edited by tom413 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

From Yuki here is a picture of the stage. Looks awfully narrow for such a big group....
Attachments
8izfb.jpg
8izfb.jpg (81.03 KiB) Viewed 923 times
8izfb.jpg
8izfb.jpg (81.03 KiB) Viewed 923 times
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

tom413 wrote:Various twitter accounts are reporting 34 boys for tonight's show.
Apparently they'll have all the boys who performed in Cebu plus Jakob, the four newbies Dani mentioned
and one more newbie, Oscar McFall.
Wow :shock: Sounds like a record number of choristers. Fans tonight are in for a special treat! :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Veni veni was amazing . Josh blew me away and that is from somebody who didn't expect to like it .

He totally owned it and added something special to the song and I now wish that they will release this as a video .
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

dani wrote:Veni veni was amazing . Josh blew me away and that is from somebody who didn't expect to like it .

He totally owned it and added something special to the song and I now wish that they will release this as a video .
really dani what song did he sing in the consrt??
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

jennaluvspbr wrote:
dani wrote:Veni veni was amazing . Josh blew me away and that is from somebody who didn't expect to like it .

really dani what song did he sing in the consrt??
I think dani means he sang Veni Veni Emmanuel.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

It was a good concert. Same set list as the Philippines and im assuming the same singers sung the same songs.

I was right about Jakob and his voice has broken as he was in the back row and got no solos. Daniel still did " Stay With Me " but its a lot lower key. I doubt he will be on it next year.

Too me Ralph voice sounded deeper. He had a fantastic range just it did seem deeper and we all know you hit your peak before it breaks.

Ave Verum was once again fantastic and i just love the " V" formation at the end and they perform it so well. That and Veni Veni Emmanuel was my fav songs of the night. Along with Stefan and Eternal Light :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Were we was we could not see the new boys as they was at the back of the church. We assume two of them are brothers to Jakob or a half brother or something.

Also as expected no M&G or photo call at the end. White Xmas was the encore with Stefan.
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

Can I say "I told you so"? :lol: Josh was indeed amazing! It's the one song I want to hear again, aside from Eternal Light live. You could start a petition to have it released as a video. We're 101% behind you! :D
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
Christine

Post by Christine »

hannah_kirstin wrote:

Can I say "I told you so"? :lol: Josh was indeed amazing! It's the one song I want to hear again, aside from Eternal Light live. You could start a petition to have it released as a video. We're 101% behind you! :D

I totally agree. They should release a video of Josh and Ralph singing Veni, Veni. I was expecting Daniel F. to sing the song since it is his name that appeared as the soloist in the album. We were surprised that it was josh and ralph who did it. And it was TOTALLY AMAZING!!!! Daniel does it wonderfully in the album but Josh's and Ralph's version of it was simply ethereal.
Christine

Post by Christine »

dani wrote:It was a good concert. Same set list as the Philippines and im assuming the same singers sung the same songs.

I was right about Jakob and his voice has broken as he was in the back row and got no solos. Daniel still did " Stay With Me " but its a lot lower key. I doubt he will be on it next year.

Too me Ralph voice sounded deeper. He had a fantastic range just it did seem deeper and we all know you hit your peak before it breaks.

Ave Verum was once again fantastic and i just love the " V" formation at the end and they perform it so well. That and Veni Veni Emmanuel was my fav songs of the night. Along with Stefan and Eternal Light :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Were we was we could not see the new boys as they was at the back of the church. We assume two of them are brothers to Jakob or a half brother or something.

Also as expected no M&G or photo call at the end. White Xmas was the encore with Stefan.
So sad. No M&G. That means no photos of the concert will be posted around here. During the Philippine concert, Veni and Eternal light were my favourite ones too. Looks like I will never be hearing Jakob live again. :(
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

Christine wrote:
Josh's and Ralph's version of it was simply ethereal.
ETHEREAL. If I had a word in my vocabulary more intense than that, I would use it! :lol:
The world NEEDS to hear that version of Veni Veni Emmanuel.. Pretty please, Libera staff? :wink:
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...