Sue
Silver Member

Matthew Jansen

Post by Sue »

matt.jpg
matt.jpg (21.53 KiB) Viewed 3380 times
matt.jpg
matt.jpg (21.53 KiB) Viewed 3380 times
At the moment one of the 3 Matthew's in the group, I wanna tell you some interesting things about him.
Matthew Jansen is a 'millennium-child' like you know, he was born in September 2000

The family name 'Jansen' is a german patronym, this is a component of a personal name based on the name of one's father, grandfather or an even earlier male ancestor. 'Jan' is a german male first name, so that means 'Matthew, son of the Jan'. Especially the ending '-sen' is a german one, you can find it mainly in the North German federal states. In each 3 North German federal states live more than 1000 people with the family name Jansen.
Most of our native german boys look like Matthew Jansen :D
So, you can be sure, Matt Jansen is of German descent.
Trivial, the german version of the name Matthew is Matthäus/Matthaeus & very biblical for us. We don't use it for our children, we take the version Matthias - in german pronounciation this sounds better :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Matthew Jansen

Post by maartendas »

Jansen is also a common Dutch name :D It is from Janszoon which also means: son of Jan
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Actually almost anyone in England could be of German descent.
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

But not in this spelling Maarten, dutch spelling is Janszoon like you said.

Tully, why do you think that?
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Wellllll......... Angles? Saxons? Anglo-Saxons! Vikings! Normans! Jeepers, their royals are Hanoverians who changed their names due to an unfortunate misunderstanding in 1914!

Ah, but the real twist is that they're all actually Basques, all of them, the English, the Scots, the Welsh, the Irish, the French, the Spanish, the Portugese, the Belgians, the Dutch, the (western) Germans.
printen

Post by printen »

The most common name in The Netherlands is Jansen, Janssen, Jansens. It comes from Janszoon. When Holland was occupied bij the French, during the Napoleon era, everyone has to give a surname for the registration. Jan was the most common first name, so a lot of people chose the name Janzoon, later it became Jansen.

Its like in England, the name Jones and the name Smith. Very common.
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Liked Matt in the latest video recordings, he's always smiling :) & I like his longer hair now. How is the level of probability that Matt J. will get a solo?
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Sue wrote:Liked Matt in the latest video recordings, he's always smiling :) & I like his longer hair now. How is the level of probability that Matt J. will get a solo?
All the smiling is quite contagious!
Sometimes it just takes to watch a few videos and then you realize you are up to a cheery tune :D
Regarding the possible solo- you already might know that I'm a hopeless optimist therefore I'd say why not? :lol:
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

Sue wrote:Liked Matt in the latest video recordings, he's always smiling :) & I like his longer hair now. How is the level of probability that Matt J. will get a solo?
I have to admit I am always very curious to know how everybody sounds. As for Matthew J. and he looks like he is having so much fun. And Enjoying every minute of it. I would love for everybody (especially the newbies) to get a solo so we can all hear them. Isaac for that matter has such a cute voice. :mrgreen:
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

I think his solo in 'Come thou redeemer of the earth' at the service is a good sign. Probably we can hear Matt J's voice at concerts in 2012 :D I'm curious about!
Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg (26.5 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg (26.5 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

Sue wrote:I think his solo in 'Come thou redeemer of the earth' at the service is a good sign. Probably we can hear Matt J's voice at concerts in 2012 :D I'm curious about!
Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what he does in the future to! Rp seems to reconize wwhen someone has a good voice pretty early on :wink:
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest